First of all we love sating at the Shang compare to other hotels, we have stayed at island shang HK, Taipei, Singapore , Edsa, Makati and Cebu. So far all places were well maintain clean and has a courteous staff, With Island Shang, being the best of them all.
My review starts with the plus points of Mactan Shang,
We were here three years ago and the place has improved a lot, the restaurants were all newly renovated. ok Fine
The ground are clean and well maintained as ever, so taking a stroll in the early mornings and evenings will be delightful.
The pool is not really over crowded even at 100% occupancy this holy week
The beach was even better with far less people, We never really had a problem since me and my kids are early risers.
The room was clean when we arrived,
The service was not bad since we are golden circle member, no need for long lines during check in.\
The minus points,
The food in all outlet are really poor especially after seeing the bill. The buffet was more expensive the Edsa or Makati Shang,
The quality was even worse,
Paying 1500 ++ is ok as long as you get quality food that you usually get from other Shang hotel, Ex will be Paparazzi at edsa where you get Sea Bass, lamp , prime rib etc, At Mactan You get roast chicken, and roast pig for the same price.
The Chinese restaurants was the same ,serving was too small that a 5 yr child can consume an order of chicken that was supposed to be for two.
The cowrie grill was the worst, The seafood buffet was the worst, The crab were small and hollow with little meat, the beef was hard as a rock, the fish were not fresh and overcooked, the sashimi was sliced so thing that it looked like it was a cross bet sashimi and carpaccio, cost cutting maybe?, The coconut crab was overdone and also not fresh, At what pissed a lot of people was, it took the a along time to refill the trays,
The only good food service outlet was acqua, food was good and quality was ok.
Whenever we see the chinese and head chef walking around, We tell ourselves these are the reason we are not really enjoying ourselves, When we go on a vacation we view food as an integral
part of our experience, sad to say they disappointed us on the aspect. Which the place had a more convenient location. That's also a problem place was so secluded you need to use the hotel to get anywhere.
Any My kids love the place , just hope they will improve the food service outlets,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island