Free cancellation until 22/07
US$93
US$75
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$105
US$22
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$55
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

US$56
US$27
Agoda.com
Dee Guesthouse(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$19
US$17
Priceline
Alfheim Resort(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$91
Orbitz.com
Haruhay Dream Resort(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$30
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$167
US$150
US$206
  • Pool
3,940 results
All reviewsocean wingcowrie covechi spaadventure zonetides restaurantocean club loungebuko barfish foodmarine sanctuarychinese restaurantmini golftropical fishfish feedingprivate beachbreakfast buffetwhite sand beachhong kong
Reviewed 18 July 2007

An absolutely amazing resort with so much activity and things to do.

The grounds are remarkebly well manicured and the beach pristine. The resort was busy but there was always a chair and umbrella to shelter from the sun.

The staff are sensational too and the recognition second to none. Variety of restaurants is special too - be sure to take time out for a 5pm cleansing ale at the beach bar.

Do remember to book time for Chi the spa. One word - indulge

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
5  Thank Rob W
Reviewed 17 July 2007

For the money we paid to stay in this resort, we expected world class amenities and service and we got them. We upgraded our two suites to the resort's presidential suite for a few hundred dollars more and don't regret it. The suite was over 2000 sq. ft., we availed of the free unlimited laundry (we had 5 days worth of dirty laundry), and we also received complimentary breakfast and dinner. The suite had sweeping views of the resort grounds and the beach.

The facilities and the grounds have all been covered by previous reviewers so there's no point in describing them.

What really pleased us most was the hotel staff's honesty and willingness to go the extra mile to help their guests. My husband forgot his wallet in the suite and realized that it was missing when we were forty minutes to boarding our flight out of Mactan Island to Manila. I called up the front desk in the Ocean Wing of the resort and, without hesitation, asked the front desk personnel to drop what she was doing and help us with our predicament. My husband had about $7000 in his wallet. That's about two years' salary for a housekeeper in the Philippines. After a few anxious minutes, the hotel let us know that they have retrieved the wallet and that they were sending the shuttle to the airport to give us the wallet. Every single dollar and credit card was accounted for! Because of airport security, we didn't get to thank the driver properly and we didn't get the chance to get the employees' names because the gate was about to close. We intend to do something about it, though, and writing this review is just one of them.

Our sincerest thanks to these honest and caring resort employees!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
8  Thank WanderingAmerican
Reviewed 17 July 2007

hrm, where to start...

for a more pricey hotel, i would have at least wanted the same quality stay as the one i had over at their neighbor, the hilton resort a few months back, but anyhow, some points to ponder when you book here:

the carpets smell like pee... i thought this would have been taken care of since my last stay and complaint here

the staff have a nonchalant attitude that projects boredom and a particularly lousy experience was when i was having the buffet at tides, i asked one of the staff behind the counter to slice some sashimi for me, but before he complied, he had the gall to chat with a fellow worker about how unhappy he was with a senior staff that was giving him grief... blah-blahblahblah... all this while i was standing, waiting, and growing my beard... HELLO!!!??? FIVE STAR??? watevah!

as for the prices, to quote one reviewer, "it was a highway robbery"...

i don't expect to come back, except to maybe tell that sashimi slicer to just quit his job.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
12  Thank DM76
TWrightCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2007

Thank you for staying with us recently.

I regret to learn of your unpleasant experience during your stay at the Resort. At the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience caused. I do understand your frustration and it is clear that we have fallen short of your expectations. However, I would have wished that you informed us of your problems while you were still in the resort so we could have undertaken proper actions. Your feedback is important to us as we will use this to re-train our staff.

We thank you for your patronage and I hope that we will have an opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Yours sincerely,

TIMOTHY WRIGHT

Reviewed 14 July 2007

The Shangri-La is first class all the way. The facility is wonderful, nice pool and grounds, beach is very nice, lots of things to do and the kids adventure package can't be beat if you want a safe place to drop your kid(s) off for the day while you sight see or just lay by the pool and drink your umbrella drinks.

The negatives are: 1) it cost a lot to stay on site. The food is expensive and although good in quality, not five stars. And the drinks...will I usually judge a resort by the cost of a beer and the mark up. The standard beer here in the Philippines is the San Miguel Pale Pilsen, not a bad beer, and you can buy one in the grocery for about 19 peso's (.40). The cost at the Shang - 250 peso's. ($5.40) All the food and drink follow this trend and it makes for a very expensive cost of living. The rooms are almost reasonable, it's the living cost that get you. 2) Transportation. They don't let taxi's onto the hotel premises for pick-up and to rent a hotel car is costly, so you have to walk down to the end of the long drive way to get to the public road and then hope to flag down a taxi or a trike to take you into town. Almost like the discourage you from leaveing the $5.50 beers behind. hmmmm.

Like I said...my wife, 4 year old and me liked the place but felt like we it cost way more then it was worth.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank Buyermike
Reviewed 3 July 2007

My family had recently stayed at the Shangri-La Mactan and booked 4 rooms under the Ocean Club package. It gave us an all-day access at the lounge which was great and the staff there was top-notch. My only complaint here was that the website listed "check-out as late as 6pm" as an Ocean Club benefit. When I checked in, I was told this was subject to availability. Note to hotel: You might want to put a note on that benefit so as not to mislead people.

The grounds were sprawling. The staff were generally nice. The rooms were like any other Shangri-La - clean and quite nice really. I loved the Adventure Zone for kids and the staff there couldn't have been nicer. As for our room, I had problems with the flusher and the heater took a long time to kick in. My biggest problem was that being in the Ocean Wing, we had the "privilege" of being under the Ocean Club lounge which meant we would hear foosteps as early as 6am from upstairs. My sister stayed in the next room and apparently they heard footsteps until late at night.

The beach was something else. It's a marine sanctuary so you could see fish all over the place and even feed them. However, the sand was quite rocky and the water was not that clean. The sand bothered me a lot and turned me off from going to the beach. It's like someone just crushed pebbles, spread them around and pretended they're sand. They were quite painful.

When I checked out, the staff inquired about my stay and I told him of my complaints. The reception manager called me only to say (in so many words) that it was my problem because I never complained the whole time during my stay. (I take care of 2 kids and have no time to complain. In fact, I wouldn't have if I had not been asked during check-out). She eventually toned down her attitude when I made sure she knew that I did not appreciate her attitude. Prior to my stay, I was also given some bad attitude by a reservation officer when I had phoned in to inquire about my reservations. Note to Shangri-La: your hotel staff couldn't have been more wonderful but some of your reservation and reception officers need lessons in dealing with guests. This is after all a service industry and I would have expected more courtesy.

One final note on Cowrie Cove. It's highway robbery! We went to Phuket earlier in the year and for half the price, you can get real mega-sized lobsters rather than crayfish! Acqua was quite reasonable but don't bother with the pizza.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family