Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
US$1,721
Movenpick.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$122
US$90
US$72
Agoda.com
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$101
Agoda.com
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$91
Agoda.com
Chambre Hotel Mactan(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$30
Hotelpower.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,122 results
All reviewsamuma spaoyster barallegro restaurantspa suiteshark feedingpremier deluxe roomseafood restaurantman made islandsea urchinsblue waterthemed dinnersbreakfast buffetsmall boatlow tidebeach frontisland hoppingcultural show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I am never coming back here ever. There's 3 of us adults and 1 kid. My sister made a standard internet booking for this place. Things/restaurants in the hotel are super expensive and not worth it. You can get way better food at a much cheaper price outside and tastier too. They made a fuss that the actual booking was only for 2 adults. So i expected that an extra adult will be charge accordingly but however they tried to charge me a whole room charge (which is even more expensive than the price of the current room we booked). So an extra adult = a room charge at special rate to me that is ridiculous. And since we're not happy about it we wanna made a cancellation for the rest of our 4 nights BUT the lady supervisor said that it's impossible, refund for the balance stay is not possible. They said they will contact the Maribago HQ on if they can do that being that it's late they have to do it the next day...and on top of that i was made to write an email personally to the HQ on my situation oh and wi-fi for rooms is terrible and they charge for it just forget about it and sit at the free public wi-fi area. Thus the next day the guy who handled the matter was much better...in the end they could actually refund us and the email reply i received is actually the same email of the hotel itself. I travelled a lot, stayed at hostels, budget hotels etc so i am definitely not choosy on hotels outlook etc....this one well the service and price just doesn't tally. Oh i forgot to mention, the water in the bathroom is freaking salty and sticky i didn't feel fresh at all after baths.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Rostiena_Safie
Reviewed 2 January 2012

It was the venue for our company's annual party. The party food was good and the service amazing. We swam in the beach as well as the pool. We wanted to order from the poolside bar but were discourage by the exorbitant prices. We would recommend it to our HR department as the venue for the next annual party. But... We would never go there on our own. It's just not reasonable price-wise.

A few weeks after our company party, the people in our department decided to go to the small resort right next to Maribago. It was not as glamorous but it suited our wallets. One evening, a handful of people rented out a "banka" and rowed out towards the deeper areas of the beach. When it appeared that they were near the border of Maribago's beachline, some armed guards from the resort appeared and threatened to shoot them if they did not turn around. We were all shocked, scared and felt very offended.

We sent an email to our HR about our experience. Needless to say, our company switched to another more luxurious resort for our annual party venue after that.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
9  Thank VanessaGJ
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed as a couple from 27 Dec booked through a tour agent for a few nights.

Location:

We arrived in the morning and took a ace directly from the airport to the hotel. The hotel is located at Lapu Lapu city and not Cebu city, which is in opposite directions if you were staying at radisson blu or Marriott city.

It costed us 250 peso for a 20 mins ride. On our arrival it was around 12 noon hence we had to wait till 2pm, however our room wasnt really read until 2:30pm.

This is a true family hotel in every sense from the types of rooms, facilities to the activities catered for the houseguests. There are three pools and a beach within the premises.

They have a variety of waterspouts suh as jet ski, banana boat, paragliding and island hopping. Most are reasonably priced.

Rooms:

Our room was deluxe at garden wing. Room size was large and spacious although the lack of side windows made the room dark with a musty smell as little sun gets in.
The bathroom also does not have any windows and the shower doesn't seem to work properly at times.

Room variety wise there are 3 wings - garden wing, amuma spa wing and the beach wing. We stayed at the Garden wing and personally preferred that wing compared to the other 2.

The beach wing houses most of the larger rooms (with it's own living room for families of 4-6) but can be quite noisy in the evening during those weekly themed dinners.

The amuma spa is closest to the resort entrance and hence do expect some traffic noise.I am not sure if the room configurations are much different for the our deluxe room at the garden wing but i suspect that it is called the amuma spa wing because of its proximity to the spa area which also houses a smallish gym. It has it's own private pool as well but I think guests from other wings can easily walk in and use it as there aren't any security or similar.

I have to mention though that the pool water does not seem to be as clean as the main pool ( which is by the Allegro restaurant) and the garden wing pool ( which is also unfortunately full of leaves sunk to the bottom) as spa dwellers probably take a dip straight after their massage.

Restaurant and food:
Breakast buffet: it is served at allegro with a good choice of selection.

It seems like a lot of Koreans / Japanese stay there as the breakfast buffet have selected dishes catered in Korean style ( eg kimchi) on top of the usual western eggs and bacon with toast style breakfast.

Their Italian restaurant is next to Allegro ( by the main pool). Apparently there is a beach restaurant as well serving mainly seafood but did not have the chance to try it.

In room dining menu is quite similar to their allegro restaurant.

Surrounding area:
Lapu lapu is not a rich city and I was a bit shocked at how bad living conditions were for the locals.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank al_notts
Reviewed 23 December 2011

The location means isolation but that is true for all beach hotels in Cebu. Very little effort have been made to make the landscaping attractive. Most of the rooms had been upgraded and are simple but clean with an outdoor bathtub and rain shower. The beach is poor and really problematic during low tide

Nice low cost solution with some extra facilities for children

Room Tip: Nice but expensive spa for a 3 star hotel. Try the one across the street
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Crystalperido
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I left Cebu with a feeling I don't ever want to come back because of this hotel. When we arrived at 11:30 pm at night, we were informed that the room that we had booked was fully booked and that we were upgraded to a better room near the beach. It was already to late to insist for the room and we decided to just be flexible and take whatever is available. The next day, we requested to be shifted to Anuma Suite (the room which we had booked) because of the private swimming pool. Although the room they had checked us into was newly built, we felt very claustrophobic with no windows and only a glass sliding door and no privacy as there was a walkway in front. The reception advised it was not possible to shift but could only do so on our last night. We graciously agreed to this although this meant packing up and unpacking again. Although Anuma Suite has its set back such as poor quality pillows, takes a while for the hot water to come out and chickens crowing very early in the morning....however we really appreciated the additional windows and the private balcony.

Generally service especially house keeping is good but we left this hotel in the most sour note. We requested for the hotel to arrange a taxi to bring us to the airport and they advised that we had to walk out to the main road to catch a taxi. It was raining and can you imagine I was expected to walk in the rain about 30 meters with all my luggage and my 4 year old son standing by the roadside to wave down a taxi (I honestly felt like a "refugee" with all my luggage and felt extremely insulted). All the staff were giving excuses that due to security the taxis are not allowed to come in. I thought this as a very poor excuse because when we arrived from the airport, the taxi was permitted to drop us off at the main entrance. In addiiton, if security was really an issue, then all the more the hotel should scrutinize the taxis first before allowing their guest to embark on any taxi. Upset, I walked with all my luggage in the pouring rain to the roadside and immediatley a taxi pulled up but with no meter. I had read "never enter a taxi without a meter" and I refused to board the taxi. I waited for 5 more minutes and upset the hotel could not get a taxi and decided to complain to the manager which the staff directed me to the head of security. He explained that due to their in house car rental company, taxis are not permitted to enter the hotel area. I feel this is a very bad agreement as I believe customers should have the option to use taxis if they prefer to. The hotel finally called in a taxi with meter (which means that they do have contact numbers of taxis that have meters). According to the taxi driver, Bluewater Maribago is one of the few hotels that runs a syndicate prohibiting taxis with meters to enter their premise. Their modus operandi is to call in a taxi with no meter and whatever price that is negotiated, generally 50% will be commission to the security guard. The taxis driver then informed us that Shangri-la Mactan has no problems allowing and arranging for metered taxis to pick up their guest. I left Cebu with the feeling that I never ever want to come back. I generally pride myself as being accomodating and flexible but I have never felt so upset and mad by how the hotel handled this departure by purposely causing inconveniences at our expense.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family