Stayed for two nights in Amuma Spa Suite, very nice room which is very spacious with two queen beds, small fridge, TV (large range of channels), aircon, large terrace/balcony (ask for a first floor room, you slightly more privacy although open to your neighbour), extremely large bathroom with toilet, sink and then separately in the openly ventilated area a bathtub and separate rainhead shower; this area of the bathroom has a real pebble floor (you are provided with flip flops to use if you have trouble walking in pebbles!). The pool for the Amuma suites is very nice and you can get a drink from the adjacent Amuma juice bar. I think the pool is meant to be used only by Amuma Spa Suite residents as I am sure I saw residents from other parts of the resort being turned away by the pool attendants. Everyone working at the resort was friendly and helpful. The food and drinks are not that expensive until you add on the obligatory service charge and the VAT but I didn't think overly expensive particularly when you take into account the convenience of just being lazy and eating at the resort, the good service and the quality of the food which I thought was pretty good. You can eat at the Italian restaurant, the live seafood restaurant or the Allegro Buffet. Breakfast at the Allegro was included in our room rate and was fantastic, we didn't really need lunch after that. You can have Asian cooked, bacon, sausage, eggs to order, cereals, large variety of breads, fresh fruit etc. It really was a very good breakfast. There is a nice bar near the beach (Oyster Bar) that has live easy going music some afternoons and happy hour (two for one drink on local beers and cocktails) from 4pm to 6pm (follows happy hour at the Allegro from 2pm to 4pm). Resort is popular with a mix of people - Filipino and Japanese in particular, there must also be quite a few German visitors too because the staff often greeted me with 'guten tag'! The resort is used by quite a few corporate 'outings' and when we were there, there was a spectacular wedding on the resorts private island across the bay - had a nice time in the evening listening to the wedding music and watching the fireworks and Chinese lanterns. We had very good priced hand and foot treatments at the Spa and we took a taxi to SM City Mall over in Cebu City for 250-300 PHP; make sure the taxi driver turns on the meter! (sometimes they 'forget' to do this!).I had a few very minor issues but won't repeat them here as they were inconsequential and I don't want to detract from what was actually a very enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the sweetness of doing nothing and the satisfaction of doing everything. It is an art you can discover and perfect at Bluewater Maribago, a lush 7-hectare tropical paradise of pure intimate pleasure. Here we put thought into every details of your stay, from the moment we greet you "Mabuhay" to the time we bid you "Farewell".Here, your options are countless: 158 well-appointed rooms, 110-meter beachfront of pristine sand, a private island, 3 lagoon-shaped swimming pools with waterfalls, children's playground, recreation and water sports center, full-service restaurants and bars and the pampering treatment of Amuma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hotel Maribago Bluewater Beach
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island