My husband and I stayed here two nights in January 2013 between flights from cebu to siargoa. We arrived in the evening, had dinner at the resort, slept, spent the day at the pool relaxing, ate there again and left the following morning.
The resort was nice, clean, there was air conditioning, the pools were great to lounge at, and the food was great. The breakfast buffet which was included in our stay was a huge selection!!
The thing that kind of "ruined" my experience, is how loud it was at night. We were staying in a little room closest to the where the buffet is ( essentially across the sandy path from th ebuffet/pool), and there is also a bar there open at night. Since the windows are not real windows, and only really screens there is no sound barrier.
There was a group of guys getting drunk and being obnoxiously loud till 4am ( singing at the top of their lungs, yelling). Although this was no fault of the resort, the resort fell short as they obvisouly kept serving them, and didn't shut down the noise or tell these guys to go to bed and respect the other paying custimers, or tell them to be quiet, or turn off the music.
The resort itself was very beautiful though, and I would recommend it but ask for a room nearest to the beach, and furthest away from the buffet/bar
Also make sure to check out well in advance to when you need to leave. There was no line up, and for some reason it took about 30 minutes to check out at the desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the sweetness of doing nothing and the satisfaction of doing everything. It is an art you can discover and perfect at Bluewater Maribago, a lush 7-hectare tropical paradise of pure intimate pleasure. Here we put thought into every details of your stay, from the moment we greet you "Mabuhay" to the time we bid you "Farewell".Here, your options are countless: 158 well-appointed rooms, 110-meter beachfront of pristine sand, a private island, 3 lagoon-shaped swimming pools with waterfalls, children's playground, recreation and water sports center, full-service restaurants and bars and the pampering treatment of Amuma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hotel Maribago Bluewater Beach
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island