“came for the diving and snorkeling”

Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Florida
“came for the diving and snorkeling”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Came here with my sweet honey and my loving sister in law. We enjoyed a day of scuba diving and the girls loved the snorkeling. We took the boat from blue water with another couple to split the costs. was a very nice experience. the dive guide and his boat helper were very nice and helpful. The reefs were fantastic and the wall diving was vibrant and full of life. The girls enjoyed the snorkeling in the protected area off Olongo island in the shallows. Would recommend the diving operation and the bar area for tapas and drinks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jga37

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I just returned from a weekend stay. I was traveling solo and looking for a nice, safe weekend retreat. I am from Minnesota and was looking forward to relaxing and enjoying some island scenery. I definitely found it here :). The service is the best you will find. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful. I can't say enough great things about this resort. The room was large and clean. It was also great to have your own patio area. I stayed in the Garden area and loved the door to the room! The pool options were great with really nice chairs for relaxing. I tried all of the restaurants. The Allegro & The Oyster Bar were my favorite. The food was delicious and the service was perfect! I did dine at The Cove and picked a lobster out of the tank. It was good but pretty expensive. I thought Allegro was more enjoyable and it still had local seafood options for a fraction of the price. The beach was really nice and had plenty of chairs. The service on the beach was also impeccable. I recommend trying the spa. I did a 90 minute massage and it was fantastic! The facility was very peaceful. I loved walking over the rocks & water on your way to the massage room. It’s a beautiful place. I was sad to go and can't wait to plan a trip back. You will not regret a stay at this resort.

Room Tip: I would pick the Garden area if you were trying to budget but the rooms on the ocean looked amazing...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Laura H
Las Pinas
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Its one of my favorite place resort in Cebu wherein you can totally relax in a homey atmosphere of the resort.. Rooms are perfect and foods at Alegro and The cove are superb > Two thumbs up for the best service and a friendly staff !!!

Room Tip: rooms near the beach are perfect !
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 3 years ago. Superb!
A quiet refuge from it all.
The facilities were all good.
The room is truly spacious, elegant and clean.
Im a breakfast person and found the buffet perfect for my appetite.
Rooms are "zen- ambianced".
The resort is quiet. just a perfect refuge.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank MarkMarc
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 17 September 2013

They have facilities like other hotels do, food were just as sumptuous as other restaurant offers, the beach was just okay and the ambiance was good enough but what amazed us most was there EXEMPLARY SERVICE.

I just came from the states a month ago and I wanted to unwind somewhere else that’s not far from my friends' place. My friends wanted us to spend our weekend in the resort. I had no idea what it looks like, I just let my them arranged everything for our stay. We arrived in the resort at around 3 o’clock in the afternoon and welcomed by their courteous staffs. The check in process was fast and we were assisted to our room by their helpful and jolly bellman. They have this unique welcome drink that tastes like a “tanglad”. I was so impressed by the way they treated us and got more comfortable with our stay. The room is a premier deluxe and was located near the beach. It was a spacious room for me since I stayed their alone. I was amazed by their hanging bed and the bathroom was clean and spacious. Myfriends stayed in the other room category located near the gym and I found it very nice too. We are very happy and satisfied by the services that they rendered to us. Many thanks to the staffs, who cleaned our room, served us food during meals, accommodated our inquiries and for my new found friend Panpy-the bellman. We stayed in the resort for two days and I can’t help myself wanting to come back again.

I will recommend this resort to everyone! i'm planning to have our family reunion next year. i got the rate and it’s so reasonable. I’m looking forward for that day to come!

Room Tip: choose the premiere deluxe room.. it's comfy and spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Oh_guy
Vigan, Philippines
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It was raining hard when we arrived in the hotel. With me were my husband and my two kids. Our room was not so near in the lobby so we had to ride a cart going to our room. We stayed in the deluxe room in front of a swimming pool. It was convenient for us because we can directly look after our kids swimming in the pool. I didn’t know what went wrong with my child after swimming because we observed that he felt dizzy. I felt alarmed and scared so I called up the front desk about my child’s condition. Good thing is that they have their own front desk staff who happened to be a nurse. And I just found out that they have also registered nurses working in the front desk and in other departments to relieve the company nurse when not on duty. My husband and I felt relieved and secured upon hearing that information. It made us feel that they really look into their guests’ safety.

Room Tip: i would recommend a room at the garden wing on the first floor for travelers with kids.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this resort some time ago and have to say that I had a truly wonderful experience. Cannot fault the resort at all; Courteous staff, excellent choice of food, clean & spacious rooms. After a few busy days in Hong Kong the rest & relaxation having every need taken care of at the blue-water resort was just wonderful. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel/ resort as a fabulous relaxing place to unwind.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#13 of 30 in Lapu Lapu
Cebu White Sands at Maribago Beach

Been to Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort? Share your experiences!