We last stayed here in 1999 and the resort has got a lot bigger. The new accommodation is of a good standard as is the restaurant. The food served is of a high quality and well presented, with plenty of choice. We thought that the meals here were better than the Shangri-La and on a par with Plantation Bay. Staff are helpful and the rooms are kept spotless. Breakfast is a wonderful experience with a huge choice to suit any taste.
There were three disappointments. First of all the hotel transport did not arrive to meet us. We phoned but it took three phone calls and half-an hour wait before anyone called back to say we should take a taxi and the hotel would pay. This was surprising as our travel agent had faxed the hotel with our arrival time and phoned them. We did get a letter of apology but no other gesture was made.
We stayed in a new block in Room 337. The room was fine apart from the fact that it is on the outside wall and there was a lot of noise from passing traffic, often with loud radios. The bathroom looked absolutely wonderful but it was not until we took a shower that we realised that there was a gap between the wall and the roof which was not screened (see photo). The result was that a large number of mosquitoes were waiting to bite us and showering became a problem.
The third disappointment is not really the hotel's fault. In 1999 you could drop over the outside of the hotel 'island' into the sea and snorkel amongst lush vegetation and see large numbers of corals and tropical fish. Tourism has brought novice divers who have trodden on the coral, killing most of it off. The vegetation is mainly dead and there are only a few fish to see. It was really quite upsetting.
There is a free Internet computer and table tennis and a large outdoor chess board. The thatched kiosks on the beach are delightful and we spent many happy hours looking out to sea.
I would like to say we enjoyed our visit despite our unfortunate start. I think we were just unlucky and if they sort out the screens in the bathrooms we would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the sweetness of doing nothing and the satisfaction of doing everything. It is an art you can discover and perfect at Bluewater Maribago, a lush 7-hectare tropical paradise of pure intimate pleasure. Here we put thought into every details of your stay, from the moment we greet you "Mabuhay" to the time we bid you "Farewell".Here, your options are countless: 158 well-appointed rooms, 110-meter beachfront of pristine sand, a private island, 3 lagoon-shaped swimming pools with waterfalls, children's playground, recreation and water sports center, full-service restaurants and bars and the pampering treatment of Amuma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hotel Maribago Bluewater Beach
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island