The place itself is very beautiful. Warm and friendly staff, lovely property.
First problem we encountered was that it took more than two hours for us to check into our room.
Once we got the room though it was very nice. Comfy beds, large space, great lighting. We liked that each room got their own outdoor table and chairs, the drying racks were a nice touch. Water temperature of the shower was erratic and the actual holder of the shower was loose, which meant you had to hold the shower head the entire time.
Second problem was the food. A lot of nice things - primarily their baked goods, pastries, bread (some of the best I've had). We had ordered sandwiches twice on different occasions, and both times the fries were stone cold (even when we specifically requested upon ordering that they make sure they're hot)
The seafood buffet at Allegro was not so great; the raw fish selections for grilling had an off putting smell, and the chopsuey they served had actually gone bad. The manager apologized and we ended up getting comped.
A lot of ups and downs with the food; if you must eat at the resort then stick with the pizzas - they're really good! Also they don't ban outside food or drink, so that's a huge plus for them. There's a store right outside of the resort property and an SM SaveMore that's a 5 minute walk from the place.
Staff were really friendly, helpful and accommodating. Grace from their main restaurant was fantastic. Everyone who passed by greeted us with a smile.
I'd probably stay here again just because the place is so nice, and I'd stock up on the breakfast buffet (which is actually really good) and have a pizza for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the sweetness of doing nothing and the satisfaction of doing everything. It is an art you can discover and perfect at Bluewater Maribago, a lush 7-hectare tropical paradise of pure intimate pleasure. Here we put thought into every details of your stay, from the moment we greet you "Mabuhay" to the time we bid you "Farewell".Here, your options are countless: 158 well-appointed rooms, 110-meter beachfront of pristine sand, a private island, 3 lagoon-shaped swimming pools with waterfalls, children's playground, recreation and water sports center, full-service restaurants and bars and the pampering treatment of Amuma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hotel Maribago Bluewater Beach
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island