I just returned from a 2 night stay at the resort, I was there with my family. We were very disappointed at how small the beach is and how green and dirty the water is. Local boatmen constantly call out to people at the beach offering them trips to other islands. They did not stop approaching my son every time he went to the beach to swim. The resort should not allow this! This is very annoying! One just wants to relax and not be HARASSED! So we opted to spend more time at the swimming pool.
The resort offers a buffet lunch everyday which is very expensive, the price of 5 star hotel buffets in the city. The a la cart menu is VERY limited and the portions very small.
There are so many mosquitoes in the resort, I have lived in many asian cities and have never seen so many mosquitoes in one place.
Service at the front desk is not very good, the ladies there are not very fluent in English.
I would definitely never go back to this resort and do not recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the sweetness of doing nothing and the satisfaction of doing everything. It is an art you can discover and perfect at Bluewater Maribago, a lush 7-hectare tropical paradise of pure intimate pleasure. Here we put thought into every details of your stay, from the moment we greet you "Mabuhay" to the time we bid you "Farewell".Here, your options are countless: 158 well-appointed rooms, 110-meter beachfront of pristine sand, a private island, 3 lagoon-shaped swimming pools with waterfalls, children's playground, recreation and water sports center, full-service restaurants and bars and the pampering treatment of Amuma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hotel Maribago Bluewater Beach
- Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort
- Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island