“PADI Open Water Certification”
Review of SiDive

SiDive
Ranked #2 of 46 Tours in Lapu Lapu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sidive is a PADI dive centre that specialises in offering great value PADI Scuba Diving lessons in sunny Mactan island in the Philippines. We also offer diving to those who already have a dive licence: eiither boat or shore diving.The academic part of our Open Water courses can either be done at our office in Mandaue City or as Online lessons. The diving part of our Scuba diving courses takes place at various locations in Mactan Island such as Vistamar Resort, Talima, Tambuli and at Kontiki house reef.Our Open Water Diver course starts at $285usd.
Greater London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“PADI Open Water Certification”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have two upcoming trips to Boracay and Coron, both are famed for their excellent Scuba Diving, so i knew i needed to progress from my usual Snorkeling to something more adventurous,

I did a fair bit of research in Cebu to try and find a PADI Open Water Certified Centre that was price competitive,and as soon as i spoke to Simon at SiDive, i knew my search had ended.

It helped matters enormously that he was a fellow Brit and from the first day in the pool, Simon puts you at ease, and makes learning the exercises in the water fun. A big up to my Dive Buddy for helping make the experience memorable too,

The three day dive was fantastic with dives at 12m, 18m and 10m and i highly recommend you spend the little extra and get the boat on the second dive day and not restrict your dives from the beach only. You get to feed tropical fish on the 12m dive and see an aircraft wreckage on the deeper 18m dive.

Simon is also patient and methodical towards the theory and quizzes/exam required by PADI to certify you.

Highly recommended to get your feet wet in Scuba Diving, and obtaining your Open Water Certificate through SiDive

Can't wait to go back and do my Advanced Open Water Certificate.....

Visited October 2013

Seoul, South Korea
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Instruction, Excellent Instructor”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Before I took Simon's course, I could only hope to, at best, drown on the surface of a body of water. Now, I can quite confidently say that I am proficient at not drowning at depths up to 18 meters underwater. Thanks, Simon!

Simon was very helpful throughout the Open Water course. I do highly recommend him to anyone interested in learning to dive or furthering their diving ability. Simon allowed me to stay with him and his family at their house during my stay in Cebu, a very generous gesture. His courses are the cheapest in Cebu, but don't mistake that for cheap quality--his skills-based approach stayed with me in subsequent dives I scheduled on my own time. I didn't just take a course; I actually learned.

Honestly, while it's true that you would be able to get the same skills training under your belt from any number of equally qualified instructors, Simon, both as a teacher and as an all-around friendly person, felt at the top of the crop. I can't recommend him enough, but fortunately, I don't have to--he already has numerous other positive reviews that vouch for him. You won't regret opting for him.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank JoshYag
Darwin, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nitrox Course”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I found SiDIve on tripadvisor and enquired with Simon about doing the Nitrox Course.
He was very helpful, i've lost count on how many emails we have sent back and forth, all my questions answered promptly. Due to our schedule we arrived late in Mactan, Simon was very accommodating and we were able to get the course done. Simon did a fantastic deal for the Nitrox course for my partner and I, he is by far the cheapest in Mactan, and no doubt anywhere.
Simon referred us to a dive equipment supplier in Mactan where we received great savings on a number of items. Thanks Simon, will definitely refer you to other divers. Cheers Terry and Bre.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Terry F
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Great”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I've nothing to say that the many other five-star reviews here haven't already said, but I can confirm that they're all well-earned.

Visited September 2013
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great diving, great times!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

i got my open water certification with simon, he's the best! :) you know you are in good hands when you are learning from simon, and he has the best rates in town! great value, great times! im looking forward to more dives with simon.

Visited September 2012