“Fantastic Experience”

SiDive
Ranked #2 of 46 Tours in Lapu Lapu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sidive is a PADI dive centre that specialises in offering great value PADI Scuba Diving lessons in sunny Mactan island in the Philippines. We also offer diving to those who already have a dive licence: eiither boat or shore diving.The academic part of our Open Water courses can either be done at our office in Mandaue City or as Online lessons. The diving part of our Scuba diving courses takes place at various locations in Mactan Island such as Vistamar Resort, Talima, Tambuli and at Kontiki house reef.Our Open Water Diver course starts at $285usd.
Hong Kong, China
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Two of us did the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and Enriched Air Courses with Simon and Rene. Simon was able to set up the course during the days we wanted on a short notice and his course fees included acomodation. He was very welcoming, took us to dive shops, malls and restaurants and showed us around Cebu.

Rene was a pleasure to dive with. He had some really good hints and we both enjoyed each dive immensely.

We both had a great time and I can highly recommend SIDIVE to anybody.

Visited March 2014

Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Advanced Open Water with SiDive”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

A friend and I have an upcoming dive trip to Palau planned in April, so we were in need of completing the Advanced Open Water certificate. We searched the web, sent out emails. Simon answered and delivered! He arranged accommodation and set us up with one of his trusted instructors, Rene, who professionally took us through the course. We only had a few days off to complete the course and we got through with time to spare. We had a great time and highly recommend SiDive to anyone from beginner to more advanced divers.
Thanks Simon for helping us achieve our goals.

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience with SiDive”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I completed my open water dive certification with SiDive in early January, 2014 and had a great overall experience. Simon was an excellent, knowledgable, and best of all, experienced dive instructor which made learning the basics of diving easy and fun. He did a really good job identifying my level of progress and adjusting the lessons accordingly to ensure I was both safe and getting the most out of my time.

The course fee was probably the best I've seen in Asia and even included accommodation in his home with his wonderful family, free of charge! If I had the chance, I'd come back in a heartbeat to get my advanced open water certification with him as well.

I highly recommend SiDive and really couldn't have asked for more out of my first experience with diving.

Thanks Simon!

Greater London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“PADI Open Water Certification”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have two upcoming trips to Boracay and Coron, both are famed for their excellent Scuba Diving, so i knew i needed to progress from my usual Snorkeling to something more adventurous,

I did a fair bit of research in Cebu to try and find a PADI Open Water Certified Centre that was price competitive,and as soon as i spoke to Simon at SiDive, i knew my search had ended.

It helped matters enormously that he was a fellow Brit and from the first day in the pool, Simon puts you at ease, and makes learning the exercises in the water fun. A big up to my Dive Buddy for helping make the experience memorable too,

The three day dive was fantastic with dives at 12m, 18m and 10m and i highly recommend you spend the little extra and get the boat on the second dive day and not restrict your dives from the beach only. You get to feed tropical fish on the 12m dive and see an aircraft wreckage on the deeper 18m dive.

Simon is also patient and methodical towards the theory and quizzes/exam required by PADI to certify you.

Highly recommended to get your feet wet in Scuba Diving, and obtaining your Open Water Certificate through SiDive

Can't wait to go back and do my Advanced Open Water Certificate.....

Visited October 2013
Seoul, South Korea
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Instruction, Excellent Instructor”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Before I took Simon's course, I could only hope to, at best, drown on the surface of a body of water. Now, I can quite confidently say that I am proficient at not drowning at depths up to 18 meters underwater. Thanks, Simon!

Simon was very helpful throughout the Open Water course. I do highly recommend him to anyone interested in learning to dive or furthering their diving ability. Simon allowed me to stay with him and his family at their house during my stay in Cebu, a very generous gesture. His courses are the cheapest in Cebu, but don't mistake that for cheap quality--his skills-based approach stayed with me in subsequent dives I scheduled on my own time. I didn't just take a course; I actually learned.

Honestly, while it's true that you would be able to get the same skills training under your belt from any number of equally qualified instructors, Simon, both as a teacher and as an all-around friendly person, felt at the top of the crop. I can't recommend him enough, but fortunately, I don't have to--he already has numerous other positive reviews that vouch for him. You won't regret opting for him.

Visited September 2013