“Simon is amazing!!”

SiDive
Ranked #2 of 46 Tours in Lapu Lapu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sidive is a PADI dive centre that specialises in offering great value PADI Scuba Diving lessons in sunny Mactan island in the Philippines. We also offer diving to those who already have a dive licence: eiither boat or shore diving.The academic part of our Open Water courses can either be done at our office in Mandaue City or as Online lessons. The diving part of our Scuba diving courses takes place at various locations in Mactan Island such as Vistamar Resort, Talima, Tambuli and at Kontiki house reef.Our Open Water Diver course starts at $285usd.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simon is amazing!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Simon timmin was the best instarctor that we could dream of! He was so patient and relaxed and made us feel very comfortable! He helped us to find accomodation, and so much more than just dive course!
He gave us one more dive on his own time cause one of us were seek.
His staff( edgar& renne ) was really good and helpfull and we enjoyed every minute!
So if you looking for dive course you should definitely choose siDive!!
Lior&Tom

Visited April 2014

Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Path to a good start”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I was in overseas and planned to take an open water course. I came across Simon's site and inquired about the course and from that time on we only communicated through emails then during practical that I met Simon. I can say that taking the course with Simon is fun learning experience and it had made known to me that I just made the right Instructor. Its not only about diving courses that he had, but also a well accommodating family and new aquaintances as well. Its a home away from home if you are taking your course with him since he offers free accomodation to his home which I believe can hardly find. I was lucky to have him as my first hand instructor and now I am enjoying my underwater experience applying his teachings. I will definitely take my advance course with Sidive.

Arling
“Awesome class with lots of personality”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I lost my gopro cliffdiving in Thailand and made plans to some day go back and get it after getting my open water scuba certification. I decided on Cebu, Philippines because I heard they had the best deals for certification.

I decided to go to SiDive and am glad I went with Simon. Firstly, Simon is very thorough in teaching the theories, and will drill them step by step. He takes no corners and will make you repeat any drills if you do not do it correctly. He wants to make sure that you will know what to do in case there are any emergency situations in your future dives. The waters he takes you to is perfect because there are clear shallow areas for the simple drills, and very deep areas for the more advanced dives.

With that being said, SiDive is a family business, you will get to know him and his family and he will treat you not as a customer but as a friend. It is also very easy to become friends with other students, and when the classes are finished, there are a lot of opportunities for extracurricular activities. Simon is also an extremely fun person to be around, he will tell you the funniest stories and will do his best to accommodate you as long as you're being reasonable.

If I could give SiDive 6 stars, I would. I had the best time in beautiful Cebu and came away with a PADI certification for open water diving for a fraction of the cost anywhere else in the world!

Singapore, Singapore
“"No Ragrets"”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Our plan initially was to head down to Kalibo to kitesurf, but at the very last min had to change course due to lousy weather forecast. So, we decided to head on to Cebu instead and chanced upon SiDive.com on tripadvisor. It was the best decision we've made by far! Simon wasn't only a great instructor but he was a great tour guide as well! We bunked in at his place because he provides free accommodation if you do a course with him, and his family took us in like we were family. I can't say it enough.. damn, good times! Not only is the course affordable, he makes full sure that you understand all exercises involved and he makes you go through it if he doesn't think you're up to standards. I'd definitely be back for my Advanced course with him..

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get certified with SiDive”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I received my PADI open water certification with SIDive, and Simon is an excellent instructor. He was patient and made sure we mastered all of our skills before proceeding to the next. During the course, we paid a little extra (3000 php) and rented a boat, and completed our course in Talima where they had bigger and different varieties of fish.

I had a great experience with SIDive, and your accommodation is free during your course. Simon has opened his home to his students and it saved me a lot of money. Definitely recommend to a friend!