“Fresh food, cool breeze and nice people”
Review of Woka Woka - CLOSED

Woka Woka
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hello and Welcome to Woka Woka Restaurant located in Masiwa Marigondon, Lapu Lapu City. We have been told we are the most simplest of restaurants and you have all heard the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" we add judge our food and service because we are just starting out. We have a simple place with a simple menu,great prices and service. All you can eat noodles.We cook fresh in the wok and can seat up to 32 people. Our Bamboo native style, family-oriented restaurant offers good tasting foods for all. We hope to see you on your next visit soon. Welcome to Woka Woka. We just added Grilled Sea foods, but to be honest we don't carry a lot of stock since we are new and small and want to keep good quality in house, so feel free to call ahead to ask what seafood is available. Oh and don't be shocked at our simple place. We are all simple people here and easy to talk with. Thanks for considering us for your next lunch or dinner :).
“Fresh food, cool breeze and nice people”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Let me start by the only issue: Trip advisor's map is way off. It was night, in the middle of a typhoon and I thought we'd never get there. Luckily it was on a main road and in the dark, the Woka Woka billboard stood like a beacon for our appetites. The waving staff and open sign was our first sign of hope.

Ludwig and his staff welcomed us and he began by explaining the menu and the concept of the restaurant. We were relieved right away. I was shocked that the prices were so low. I had already had a burger that cost the same as the fish and chips meal, which was double the volume.

We had the fish(Dory- sorry Nimo) and chips. The fish was firm and moist, with a crisp outer layer. Talk about fresh, the staff goes and hand picks fresh fish at the market 3 days a week at 1 AM! Talk about commitment to quality. The chips were chili-coated wedges. Excellent as well. Volume wise, I could have eaten the whole thing and been stuffed, but my wife had just had a meal on the plane and wanted to share. Even at that, it was substantial. The cole slaw, was excellent and the tartar sauce was a good complement(a bit too sweet for my standards). I mean, it was like 4$ USD for the chips. $1+ beers: totally satisfied. Will try to get back again. They also have delivery, so that is an option as well. Yeah, the decor was spartan, but it was clean and the bamboo and woven roof were really nice giving it that island vibe. It also has nets to keep out the pests and had great air flow.

To top it all off, I am TERRIBLE at budgeting things and had just gotten to the island, thus I hadn't changed enough and was a few pesos off. Ludwig was forgiving and just waved it off. If you are on Mactan and want a great meal from great people that won't break the bank, head for Woka Woka.

• Korean first
“Perfect for lunch && dinner! Like for everyday!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Spicy buffalo, fish & chips, mamsa, & stir fried noodles are my favorite! Yummy! I used to dine with my boyfriend and leave the restaurant feel so satisfied while holding our tummy. :)) what a very good start for wokawoka! ;)

Lapu Lapu, Philippines
“Great Food! superfriendly staff”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend really love this place. The food is really good and at very affordable price. The fish and chips are our favorite. I have tried the grilled mamsa fish and it was awesome. We will definitely come back to this place since we live close to this restaurant or we'll just have a food delivery. Thumbs up Woka Woka!

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Lovely food, great value and service”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I had dinner here a few weeks ago. The food is great. We loved the noodles with fresh ingredients. Since my wife doesn't eat meat the noodles were mixed with several vegetables. We had a side order of siaomai and I had fish and chips myself.
The portions are good, one main course is plenty per person. The prices are more than reasonable for Cebu and the Mactan area. If you compare this to the size and quality of the meals this is really great value and a nice restaurant to go. The staff and owner are very friendly and helpful also.
Make sure you go and have a good time + nice bites at Woka Woka!

• Visited August 2013
Singapore
“The chips are second to none !!!!!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

If you go to a new vacation place, and feasted twice on 2 consecutive nights in a restaurant,
there has to be something special about the food. That's what we did :-) This restaurant is already scoring rave reviews despite being only 2 months old. Even the staff at my 5 star hotel quipped that this is worth a try......and my friend and me weren't disappointed !

We strongly recommend the stir fry noodles and the chips for starters. DELICIOUS with that unique taste. The fish and chips comes in very generous portions. We were informed they will be adding squid to their simple but very tasty menu soon....and all these at startling reasonable prices !!!!!!

As we're about to leave last night, we met Ludwig, the owner whose seasoned tan suggested he has 'seen it all' and knows what it takes to whip up simple dishes whose taste goes beyond simplicity......but one that lingers in your mind...........highly recommended food for sure !!!

Just one caveat: DO NOT get put off by the seemingly run-of-the-mill hut along the road. Those uninitiated will seemingly drive by , not knowing this little unassuming eating hut is definitely worth a stopover......if you miss it, you will miss one of the hidden culinary gems in Cebu :-)

And if you are lucky like me, you will catch a glimpse of a frequent lady diner called Crystal, whose luscious eyes coupled with her mystique charm exhudes what's so nice about place and Cebu in totality.......

• Visited August 2013