Our overall experience at Platation Bay Resort was great. I'll start off by the negatives first..
1. Breakfast buffet was way too expensive at 900 pesos per person. Children are half the price but the buffet was not worth the price. On the good side though, they do change their breakfast buffet daily so you have different choices. Ex: Mexican, Chinese, American, Filipino breakfast days. So, if you could dish out the money, it could be good.
2. Being in Mactan Island, this resort had no beach. It claims it has a beach but we were disappointed in the SMALL patch of sand they considered beach. So, if your looking for beach front, this is not it.
3. The beds are super hard! We had 2 queen beds and I dreaded going to sleep every night because of the quality of the bed. Too firm for me.
4. Location of the resort is in the middle of nowhere. Can't walk out for dinner, go shopping or take a stroll. Your stuck there unless you plan for tours or call in advance for taxis.
1. Friendliness of the staff is awesome. They have a no tipping policy and the staff is more than happy to please their visitors. Always greeting with a friendly smile and very helpful and knowledgeable.
2. The pools are awesome! We really enjoyed the main pool with the smaller water slide for the kids. It has a nice pool bar in the middle of the resort. They have nice water features like caves and other hidden water features. The have a huge water slide, however, that was closed during our stay there.
3. The spa is amazing and very well priced. They offer many types of services and are not ridiculously priced.
4. The rooms are big and the bathroom was even bigger.
5. Overall, the resort had tons of activities to do. Many restaurants, kayaking, bike-riding (free), gym, kids play centers, rock wall climbing, and even a diving rock. Many of these activities are free or for a small fee.
6. They also have free wi-fi throughout the resort and free airport shuttle pick up/drop off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island