Our Plantation Bay experience started at the Mactan Cebu International Airport. Upon arrival we were led by the airport rep to a private waiting lounge while he called the driver. We thought it would be a shuttle bus so we were surprised when a private car was requested and took us to the resort. It was about 25-30 mins to the resort. Upon arrival at Plantation Bay, the resident manager greeted me by name and asked one of her front desk associates to personally assist us for check-in. I got the most pleasant surprise when she told me that they were giving us an upgrade from a water's edge room to a 1-bedroom suite (Xanadu Lodge). We walked to our suite (even if shuttle buggies are available) and were really pleased with the lay-out, the amenities, and the view from the room! It was just fabulous. Everywhere you look is a photo opportunity. The resort I think was 80 percent full that weekend but it never really felt cramped as it had a huge area for walking and swimming. Food is quite expensive but then, you're in a 5-star resort and the level of service was just outstanding. The breakfast buffet at PhP 950 nett was quite pricey but it was a generous spread. The no-tipping policy was also appreciated as guests felt that the service was sincere without the expectation of something in return. There are so many activities to do - wall-climbing, swimming, snorkeling, Zumba, a gym, there's also a game room, and of course the beautiful Mogambo Springs Spa. All in all, I would say that Plantation Bay is up there as one of the best resorts in the Philippines. Can't wait to plan our next stay there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island