Just got back from Cebu after originally booking at another hotel... WRONG MOVE! Going back to PB again for the 2nd time (1st time was 2 years ago), I really notice the huge positives of this place ! It has everything you need for a quick getaway with family/friends or even just like us, as a young couple. It's so big that it never feels crowded.
The resort is so big that you can make it into whatever kind of holiday you want. Big plus is the huge and scattered pools all around, both salted and fresh water pools.. Be careful with the lagoon floors but all in all, it's been quite well maintained. Another positive, The Spa is absolutely stunning and one of the more beautiful and relaxing spas i have seen. I think it's pretty reasonably priced as well for a resort spa.
Last time we came here, we felt food was very disappointing but this time we tried the Italian restaurant Palermo and absolutely loved it, we ate there for both our dinners... great atmosphere and value for money altho menu is rather limited. Stay away from the main cafe if you can... Another thing that put us off was the fake grey rocks but you learn to live with it amongst the other positives!
We're really glad we switched hotels midway to save our trip as we ended up having a lovely and relaxing time at Plantation Bay
A few freshwater pools, all very well maintained and plenty of chairs, not crowded at all
Huge resort with lots of activities, can go cycling around the area, great for jogging too
Beautiful and reasonably priced spa
Great Service from the staff
20 mins from Airport
Dont forget to try their mango/banana smoothies, perfect to drink under the sun!
Lagoon floors are a bit dangerous as a bit run down, and sometimes not filled up to the top Fake Greyrocks quite an eye sore but becomes acceptable 2nd time around!
Food - dont expect much, best is the Palermo
Room is nothing special but it's clean and decent size.
Million Dollar Question: Would I go back again? Definitely ! Hopefully once a year :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island