“Tana sa Cebu!”

Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Manila, Philippines
“Tana sa Cebu!”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We went here a few years ago and it was one of the best summer we've ever had together. What I really liked about this resort is that the pool (man-made kind of beach) is just outside your room so you can swim anytime. Going around is never such a hassle because there are golf carts that can bring you from one place to another. I remember that the food was also very good here. I really like it here and I wish I can come back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The staff are extremely helpful. Lily at check in counter made are honeymoon suite a dream come true. Duty manager Dong did an excellent job to keep us happy. Mars at swim-up bar entertaining. Cannot find any faults in this resort. Looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Poolside is ideal. Nice to have a swim and climb the stairs back to your room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Matt S
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I was lucky that friends in Cordova, near Lapu-Lapu, recommended Plantation Bay to me. What a find.
This is the BEST Hotel/ Resort in Philippines. It ranks among my best hotel experiences ever.

My very first visit to Philippines over Christmas holiday 2009 was like being transported to the TV series Fantasy Island with the golf carts and saltwater lagoons and everyone trying to anticipate every wish (OK, I did NOT see Ricardo Mantalban). During that visit, I left my huge Pullman with them and traveled a bit. When I returned 5 days later, it was like coming home: they greeted me like a family member! Since that visit, I have made a point to stay in Plantation Bay during every visit to Philippines. For instance, the New Year holiday in 2010, and October 2011. The greeting is always the same.

For each return visit, I’ve arrived alone at the Cebu airport. With no reservation, I walk directly to the Plantation Bay booth, and their attendant calls me up on their computer and in a few minutes I am in their car taking me to the hotel. As a relatively naive American vis-à-vis travel in PHILS, this service is comforting and awesome by any standard.

Yes... PB is often booked up, and I do not always get the room I prefer, like those few right on the water… YES… that is literal: “On the water” means you step from your balcony directly into the lagoon. ALL PB rooms are luxury rooms. I have my preferences, but try the Spa rooms that include 2 hours of luxurious massage and baths for each day.

Hotel staff has always treated me with great respect and I have had only excellent experience during all of my stays. They really spoil you. NO TIPPING is allowed, and that makes for a more relaxing experience (of course, you pay for that in higher rents, but that’s really OK).

One real plus for me is that PB is a secure and gated compound: One can walk with complete safety at any time of day or night through the whole complex.

There is always available live entertainment. Bicycles are provided for intra-complex rides, but walking the PB complex is fun. However, the golf carts are never more than a minute wait if you want to be whisked to any of the several excellent restaurants. My favorite is the Kilimanjaro, which provides excellent cuisine 24/7 and WiFi. I would go there with iPad and be in contact with friends all over the world while sipping good wine, enjoying excellent snacks and soaking in luxurious tropical ambience.

If you want to be in the center of Cebu City or Manila, then PB is NOT your hotel. If you want a bargain rate, then PB is NOT your hotel. BUT… if you want the best that Philippines has to offer and a resort that competes well with any in the world then, try Plantation Bay.

So I will go back to PB every time I fly to the Philippines because even though it is an “artificial” lagoon, it really recaptures the Fantasy Island experience of a luxury getaway. Escape from all stresses.

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are excellent. But if you want the very best, go for the
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I have been at the Plantation bay twice. One time around 2000 and recently again.
In 2000 I was already disppointed as it was propped up to be the best resort on Mactan -better than Maribago- byt I found it too massive and I was especially dismayed at their 2 story apartments where I had hoped for the maribago style cottages. I am sure they had tose too at Planrarion bay but for some reason I could not get these. Cant be overbooking coz the resort was virtually empty. Anyway, it was bad weather than zo recently I have it another chance.
The resort this time was busy, perhaps too busy :-) Anyway, the resort looked good, they have plenty of water to play with and it is nice to walk around. I lik etheir 'no tipping' policy. but the accomodation was not really 5 star
The real disappointment came with people I had invited for dinner. They were stopped because the needed to pay a day fee that included lunch, eventhough it was evening already and I was treating them to dinner. Anyway that got solved but it is not what you want in a holiday.
The food took a bit long to prepare and it did not taste well. From their website I read:
"We take pride in our kitchens at Plantation Bay, and can assure you of consistently delicious, beautifully-presented dishes at reasonable prices. For groups and conferences, our award-winning chefs can prepare just about any kind of banquet you desire."
I understand their Chef is Danish, maybe he has not grasped the essence of Asianfood yet

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank cebutraveller110
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Been in this place more than twice and it never fails me. Love the pools, fresh water and salt water lagoon. The food and the people. And, it is clearly stated everywhere the resort, NO TIPPING!

Room Tip: Bets time to go is anytime exept when the Sinulog Festival is on.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Initially when we got to plantation. I was a little disappointed though it was our 2nd time at the resort. Disappointed as everything is so artificially created but after the 2nd day or so the place started warming up to us. We just took to it. Got comfortable and got more familiar knew what we liked doing etc. This is a great resort for children. Especially bigger kids. Ours are 4 and 1.5. Yet our kids had a blast. The service is exceptionally good. The staff feel like family once you warm up. Our favorite things about the resort were Kilimanjaro restaurant and the pool. We liked the horse carriage ride. We love the spa! One of the better spas I've been too. It's really lovely. Very professional. We liked the fish feeding at the reception. The beach is very so so. And the activities are quite expensive. Though we didn't think so at the time. But after visiting some other parts of the Philippines and going into cleaner clearer water for less than half the price, snorkeling diving etc. But no complaints as it's part of being in a resort the extra costs. We loved the fact that we could eat breakfast at kili's outdoor and watch our kids in the water right in front of us. The lagoon warms up to you too. The children's playroom was the most disappointing part of plantation. It s very small. No light coming in and they use very strong warm lights in the room. The toys are decent. Overall we loved the resort and would def go back. The rooms are decent size on the bigger side. My fav part are the spacious balconies and the access to lagoon. We were situated in room le 12 which is right next to the shop. Kili's so we thought it was an amazing location. Next time we go back def going to try one of the suites!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Namaha
Calgary
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Our daughter got married at Plantation Bay in early January and we enjoyed a six night stay. We booked into the Quantum Villas which were 4 separate houses (bedrooms) a conference house and bar and it's own pool. This facility was outstanding and met all of our pre- wedding needs as well as our hosting needs. This facility even came with it's own butler service. The staff were easy to work with and quickly attended to our needs. Upon check-In we were driven in the same van that picked us up from the airport right to the Quantum Villas. We were met with shell necklaces, a bottle of wine and some divine cookies. The peanut butter cookies were delicious!
Andrea was easy to work with for all of the wedding preperation and planning.
Our guests who also stayed at Plantation Bay for the wedding in various other room types found their accommodation and service good as well.
As many others have commented eating at Plantation Bay can be expensive but we found some ways to keep expenses down like in-expensive pastries is the lobby for breakfast. We did eat at all of the restaurants and found the food good but again a bit pricey.
There was always something to do and we used a number of the facilities like the spa, pools, games room, jet skiing and climbing wall. We enjoyed the swim up bar, numerous slides and caves (albeit man made). We appreciated the trolley service around the resort and never had to wait long for one to come by. The staff were always helpful and pleasant.
We love to travel but our preference is to experience the culture and the people that make up a country and there was very little of that here. That said we realized that when we booked into a resort and realized that we were in for a time of being spoiled and pampered and that is what we got.
The wedding was amazingly beautiful, our stay was relaxing, we were well taken care of and if I am back in the Philipinnes again I may treat myself to a night or two.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
#9 of 42 in Mactan Island
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 90 in Cebu City

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!