“Great hotel- dirty pools”

Plantation Bay Resort And Spa
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very pleased with the hotel, staff was very friendly. The customer service above average from what you usually get in the Philippines. The hotel also has a non tip policy.

Rooms was very clean and cosy. We booket the room with a terrace facing the lagoon, but was very disappointed when we discovered how dirty the lagoon outside our terrace was. Not tempted to take a swim.
The pool outside restaurant Kilimanjaro was clean enough.

Restaurants and spa was very good, good food and service, but a bit overprised. Spa had a lot of treatments and pools. Very romantic scene! Great for couples

Gaisano Grand Mall is 10 min away with taxi aproxm. 80/90 pesos, lots of shops.

Overall experience with this resort is good, but disappointed because of the dirty lagoon and a bit overprised. Very romantic for couples and perfect for families with children. All activities is in a short walking distance!
But we will try a different resort next time.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Bergu
Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Fabulous, relaxing, family friendly ambience, with beautiful plantation-style waterfront architecture. The staff are all very warm & welcoming. Book a lagoon front for the best experience, though there are lots of different standards of accommodation ( we stayed in the family room with free X Box, tv & bunk beds)
It's very family friendly, the artificial lagoon is no deeper than 3' anywhere so its very safe for kids. They provide life jackets free of charge for toddlers. There's also a waterslide which is an adrenaline rush for the older kids. Scared the pants off me. There's lots for small kids to do there which makes it great place for young families to relax & have fun. We took Granma too & PB seems to cater well for this full range of ages.

The Spa is especially good ( Granma loved it!) , the signature massage is one of the best I've ever had. The design of the treatment rooms really add to it. The hotsprings outside are really nice to lounge in & reasonably-priced too
There's not a lot outside the gates so you need to expect a completely resort-based holiday there

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The Villas is totally romantic par excellence... and the pool is such a fun thing to be able to slide into from your very own door step...really fun and romantic place to be for couples

Room Tip: All the rooms are good depending on how private you want to be. The have the chalets with private po...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CalvinLoh
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This was the worst vacation of my life the food was terrible staff didn't care and i found bedbugs in my bed. Me and my family were really looking forward to this but it was like a prison the rules were out of NAZI GERMANY and I'm not kidding. My kids hated it from the start and we just had an awful time. We all agreed that we will never go back. Also it was outrageous we paid all that for worse serverice then disney world.

stay away from this place its a waste of money

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank baklao
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We went here a few years ago and it was one of the best summer we've ever had together. What I really liked about this resort is that the pool (man-made kind of beach) is just outside your room so you can swim anytime. Going around is never such a hassle because there are golf carts that can bring you from one place to another. I remember that the food was also very good here. I really like it here and I wish I can come back!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The staff are extremely helpful. Lily at check in counter made are honeymoon suite a dream come true. Duty manager Dong did an excellent job to keep us happy. Mars at swim-up bar entertaining. Cannot find any faults in this resort. Looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Poolside is ideal. Nice to have a swim and climb the stairs back to your room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I was lucky that friends in Cordova, near Lapu-Lapu, recommended Plantation Bay to me. What a find.
This is the BEST Hotel/ Resort in Philippines. It ranks among my best hotel experiences ever.

My very first visit to Philippines over Christmas holiday 2009 was like being transported to the TV series Fantasy Island with the golf carts and saltwater lagoons and everyone trying to anticipate every wish (OK, I did NOT see Ricardo Mantalban). During that visit, I left my huge Pullman with them and traveled a bit. When I returned 5 days later, it was like coming home: they greeted me like a family member! Since that visit, I have made a point to stay in Plantation Bay during every visit to Philippines. For instance, the New Year holiday in 2010, and October 2011. The greeting is always the same.

For each return visit, I’ve arrived alone at the Cebu airport. With no reservation, I walk directly to the Plantation Bay booth, and their attendant calls me up on their computer and in a few minutes I am in their car taking me to the hotel. As a relatively naive American vis-à-vis travel in PHILS, this service is comforting and awesome by any standard.

Yes... PB is often booked up, and I do not always get the room I prefer, like those few right on the water… YES… that is literal: “On the water” means you step from your balcony directly into the lagoon. ALL PB rooms are luxury rooms. I have my preferences, but try the Spa rooms that include 2 hours of luxurious massage and baths for each day.

Hotel staff has always treated me with great respect and I have had only excellent experience during all of my stays. They really spoil you. NO TIPPING is allowed, and that makes for a more relaxing experience (of course, you pay for that in higher rents, but that’s really OK).

One real plus for me is that PB is a secure and gated compound: One can walk with complete safety at any time of day or night through the whole complex.

There is always available live entertainment. Bicycles are provided for intra-complex rides, but walking the PB complex is fun. However, the golf carts are never more than a minute wait if you want to be whisked to any of the several excellent restaurants. My favorite is the Kilimanjaro, which provides excellent cuisine 24/7 and WiFi. I would go there with iPad and be in contact with friends all over the world while sipping good wine, enjoying excellent snacks and soaking in luxurious tropical ambience.

If you want to be in the center of Cebu City or Manila, then PB is NOT your hotel. If you want a bargain rate, then PB is NOT your hotel. BUT… if you want the best that Philippines has to offer and a resort that competes well with any in the world then, try Plantation Bay.

So I will go back to PB every time I fly to the Philippines because even though it is an “artificial” lagoon, it really recaptures the Fantasy Island experience of a luxury getaway. Escape from all stresses.

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are excellent. But if you want the very best, go for the
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
#9 of 43 in Mactan Island
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 92 in Cebu City

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!