We planned to have our wedding reception at Plantation Bay.
When it came to planning our buffet we faced the issue that one of our guest had a gluten allergy so we asked to include a few gluten free dishes in the buffet. We were told that Plantation Bay can only provide the standard buffet which we understood and accepted, so we asked for one additional paid gluten free 4 course meal. Plantation Bay reacted by telling us that Philippines is a 3rd World Country and even being a 5 Star Resort they cannot provide a gluten free meal (does not shine a great light on the kitchen, does it??). We were even told to tell our guest to bring her own food (would you do that ???)
We talked to our guest again and finally she agreed to only eat plain rice and fruits. We communicated this to Plantation Bay and they reacted by cancelling our reception telling us it would be too dangerous to serve a guest with gluten allergy ....... 3 weeks before the actual event!!!!!
So we sent some Emails to other resorts in Mactan and ALL of them offered at least one gluten free meal. Finally we decided to hold our reception at Crimson Mactan and this was the best that could happen to us. Food, Location, Stuff and Organisation was Fantastic. The overwelming at Crimson stuff had nothing in common with the arrogant attitude of Plantation Bay Stuff. Plantation Bay might be OK for spending a weekend, but believe me, if you are planning your wedding or any other Big event, avoid Plantation Bay at any costs. We really recommend Crimson Mactan, but we are sure any other resort in Mactan will be better and more professional to hold your Big event than Plantation Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island