“Fantastic Non-Corporate 5 Star Beach Retreat (without the 5 Star Price)”

Plantation Bay Resort And Spa
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Hong Kong SAR
“Fantastic Non-Corporate 5 Star Beach Retreat (without the 5 Star Price)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2008

Plantation Bay has a great location, and is very easy to get to. The staff are extremely efficient and service is really good. We were upgraded from Poolside Room, to Lagoon View Room, right up to a Spa Indulgence Package for free complete with 1 of 3 Spa Indulgence Suites, Free Use of All Spa Facilities, and 1 free massage for each person. The pools were excellent, you could choose from Salt-Water Pools, or Fresh Water Pools. In addition, the restaurants served the best food. The cuisine at Plantation Bay was excellent. We went out of the "compound" once, and that was to go to the Ayala Mall Cebu for inexpensive shopping which was 40 Minutes away. But generally and by far, it was a great trip. I would definitely go back someday.

• Liked — The amazing selection of Pools.
  • Disliked — Too far away from the rest of the city.
  • Stayed April 2005, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Raised_Eyebrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Georgia USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2008

This was our second visit to the Plantation Bay first was in 2003, we returned to the Philippines in 2005 did not stay at Plantation, we again return in 2008 and decided to try it again. Beautiful place lots do to for small kids, we have a 4 yo and she had a blast there. Lots of friendly workers there seem very kind and helpful. My wife is filipino and she was out walking around taking pictures with three of her family members SECURITY ran up to them in an aggressive manner asking them what room number they where in. His tone of voice and actions was very upsetting to my wife. My wife and her family I would say look ordinary and this is why she thinks they were approached. SECURITY did not think she and her family belonged there by the way he approached them. It appears to us SECURITY is racist against there own people. I contacted the duty manager and he apologized and was SUPER nice to us and told us he would correct the problem with re-training. Duty Manager get's an A++ on the way he handled us. Now you are kinda trapped at the Plantation Bay if you fly in they pick you up at the airport and you have no family here to help you along. This gets me to the prices of their food. WAY TOO HIGH for food, it is above reasonable for me. I can eat in New York City cheaper than the Plantation Bay. Example my family breakfast buffet at the Plantation is 968.00 pesos, so for a total of my family that was about 2400.00 peso plus a 10 percent service charge. 2640.00 total for BEAKFAST that's equal to about $65.00 in US money to eat breakfast. Now if you don't think that's to high in price for most people you make a lot more money than I do, haha! You can spend a lot more money eating there than you pay for the rooms. So for you, as a guess that may be trapped at the Plantation Bay and don't know where to go here is a travel TIP. Wait for a cab at the front area of Plantation don't let them call you one it will take a while for the cab to arive, just catch one dropping someone off, usually happens very quick. Tell the cab to take you to Jollibee about 2 miles thats a cost of 75 pesos feed the entire family breakfast for about 150 peso and ride the cab back for 75 peso as you can see breakfast for the family now cost about $7.00 US money total. Your choice $65.00 at the Plantation or $7.00 outside at a very nice place. We choose the Jollibee breakfast every day. The rooms are getting a little out dated some but not bad they are very clean and well maintained. I really had no complaint with the apperace of the rooms. As for sleeping, other guest can get very loud and no one seems to care about it. If you have small kid as we did this can be a problem. I was awaken several times by loud noises from other guess. Aslo two night in a row there was a hell of a cat fight between some cats in the roof of our building it sounded almost scary. This fired up abour 3am on two different nights. To some it up Room Prices reasonable for what they offer. Food prices WAY TOO HIGH for anyone. Plantation does not do a good job if you have family visitng you. I feel sure we will not be back just on the way SECURITY treated my wife and her family members. My wife still says they are racist toward there on race and she was very upset over it. My wife is a huge blogger and I'm sure her story will be seem by thousands all over the world. So it's really up to you if you wish to try them out just our most recent review of the Plantation Bay.

• Liked — Beauty, Water, Lagoons
  • Disliked — FOOD PRICES
5 Thank terrygeorgia
yokohama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

Hi everyone,my family like this place very much.We travel 3 or 4 times a year but of all the places we've been,this is the place I could recommend.Especially for people with children.We enjoyed the privacy and security.I can allow my children to play around the place without worrying.And the staffs are very nice.I was surprised when I try togave them a tip;They refuse to receive.Hotels policy not to receive a tip from the guest.WOW a no tipping hotel!And one night when my son got sunburn,I called to the front if they have a medicine for sunburn.And I was also surprised that a nurse came,and she told me that she isworking in the hotel for the guest.And she treat my sons skin without any payment.WHAT A SERVICE!
So my family and I are visiting this place again this May,with our staffs.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank Luckyrose8
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2008

Hello..everyone...
Well, my family & I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite fr. 4/12- 4/15/08 with 1 King bed with "cot" w/ own bathrooms. 5 adults and 1 baby less than 1 month old. ( My sister's family live in Cebu , my parents & I live in Florida! ) We stayed @ the Xanadu on the 2nd floor. When I checked in 4/12/08 @ 1500 hrs. , the other room was not cleaned yet ( mind you normal check in time is 1400 hrs). We had to wait for approx. 30 minutes but they did give us a voucher for complimentary drinks for 6. Likes: the feel or ambiance of the resort is pretty relaxing ( away fr the hassle of "normal life" in Cebu) ( balcony overlooks the water & away from the restaurants) , the bathrooms are pretty well situated & good-sized, the bedrooms are considerable but only had 1 king-sized bed( bed itself was a bit hard but the covers & pillows were featherdowned), the staff were friendly, courteous, & helpful. Dislikes: over-priced foods, no iron or ironing boards in the rooms( there is a fee!!), the "cot" is just a mattress on the floor!!, the "living room" is open. Also, be aware that if you want taxi service, u have to contact front desk & they in turn will call one for you but you might have to wait! Also, its on the pricey side ( approx. 200 to 300 pesos one way). All in all, though, our stay was nice& I would come back again.

• Liked — Relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — Food is pricey!
2 Thank Sp1nster
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2008

Reservations were made a week in advance for a suite, 24 hrs prior our arrival we made some changes for a 2 bedroom suite, upon arrival we had to wait for about 2 hrs, while other guest just breezed through, we had to ask them repeatedly how soon our room was going to be ready. This was a family affair, we are visiting from San Antonio, Texas, My brother is visiting from Perth Australia, we were expecting family to come & join us for the day.
Unfortunately 30 minutes after we arrived in our suite we started getting phone calls about having too many visitors. These guest of ours, went to their restaurants, used their recreation facilities such jet ski's, wanted to use banana boat or flying fish but were not available, had to settle for inner tubes. After the second phone call by management, My husband went to ask The Manager " Raffy " what was the problem ? His response was" it was ok for our guest to spend money at the restaurants & recreation facilities but they were limited to stay in the room & not to use the swimming pools " My husband responded by saying that doesn't make sense at all. Raffy ... then reinterated that if they wanted to use the swimming pool it would cost them $20.00 / person. Although they did not charge us extra for our guests to use their swimming pools, the atmosphere of not being welcome was overwhelming.
Our bed in the suite was not anything to write home about it was as hard as rock !!!
We own a Bed & Breakfast here in San Antonio, we have travelled extensively in US / Europe & Souith America , we know the meaning of being a service industry .... Plantation Bays management does not know what service is ...

• Disliked — Poor Service / constant harassment
5 Thank SanAntonioGhost
manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2008

This is our second trip to Plantation Bay Resort (first one was last year) and, just like last year, the place did not disappoint. Don't be deceived by the website advertising. This place is not as reasonably priced as they claim, but they do follow the dictum "you get what you pay for" (sometimes even more than what you pay for). Food is kinda pricey for the quantity but it is not lacking in quality. Service is excellent and the grounds are great for someone seeking a respite from the urban rat race.

Went again with a family with 2 kids (7 and 2) and the shallow waters afford parents additional peace of mind.

Would I come back again? Definitely

• Liked — almost everything
  • Disliked — food a bit pricey for the quantity
1 Thank viajeroManila
United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

Good hotel but not to be recommended for the single traveler re-mote from the city over priced taxis staff can be too attentive sometimes especialy if you are carring a small bag they try to take it of you to carry it which irritated me. They spent a lot of money on developing their lagoon however I prefer something more natural. Checked out two days early and went on to Bohol. For me it was not a happy experience I travel to the Phiippines on average twice a year love the country however will not be returning to Plantation Inn again it just wasn't for me.

Stayed May 2006
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,043 reviews

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!