Plantation Bay Resort And Spa
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I loved Plantation Bay. The staff, the ambiance, the facilities, the rooms... everything was amazing! Every staff member we encountered was welcoming and attentive. The food at the restaurants were delightful! I can't say enough good things about this resort and I can't wait to go back for my next holiday the next time I'm in the Philippines. Thank you to everyone at Plantation Bay for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear katz_21,

Thank you for coming all the way from Nigeria to spend your family holiday at Plantation Bay! Our resort welcomes many different kinds of guests, but families are typically among our most appreciative guests.

We're pleased that you liked our ambience and food, and found our staff welcoming and attentive.

We look forward to your next visit.

Nenette G. Castillon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed 27 August 2013

my husband,son and i spent a day here. it was up to my expectations, the staff was very organized very helpful and simply great. do take care of them they could easily be your greatest asset. the room was clean,the bed and pillows extraordinarily comfortable(rare is the hotel that uses goose down) the pools were superb,my son enjoyed kayaking.but he wanted to go biking but to our disappointment no bikes for his age were available. he is nine yrs old..we enjoyed walking around the place.no dead ends,one place just melted into another so it was so easy to find your way around.i was going to give this place a perfect ten but then it was the food that spoiled it all, i found it way way way too expensive for something so very very ordinary. i can cook better than what they served.although they had a decent variety of cheeses but thats about it. desserts? forget them. sickly sweet,dry and again,ordinary. goldilocks bakeshop would have been a better alternative. perhaps management could improve greatly on the food. it was the only letdown.

Room Tip: avoid the ones with construction going on..
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Jenny R,

We searched high and low to find our Goose Down pillows and last year, upgraded to "pillow-top" mattresses. We're pleased that you recognized our efforts, and found them extraordinarily comfortable.

We appreciate your candid critique of our food, and will do our best to improve for your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Fantastic! The staff were so welcoming, very knowledgeable, warm and professional. We were there with friends for a day tour one saturday. The facilities of the resort are simply beautiful. The buffet lunch was simply delicious with variety. When you're there, you should avail of their spa service. Who said the resort is expensive? Of course not!!!! What one pays is worth the amenities, food, service and well maintained facilities . And what is more amazing is the no tipping policy. I wish other hotels and resorts would adopt the same. It gives you the feeling that all guests are just as important as the rest; no special treatment. I certainly would recommend the resort to my friends and relatives. Of course I'm coming back, see you guys soon!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear balandat,

Thank you for acknowledging that, though some of our prices seemed high to some, this was understandable because of the quality offered.

With Plantation Bay's No-Tipping Policy, you are correct to note that all our guests are accorded fair and excellent service without worrying about when, how much, or whom to tip.

Thanks again for the kind sentiments on our service, food, facilities and the spa.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed with my family for our annual major vacation and birthday of one of my daughters... From the time I booked the hotel, to the time they fetched my family from the airport, to the check in, the entire stay, as we walked & biked around, ate at the restaurants, room service and fun in the resort up until check out, etc.... The Staff are extremely amazing, friendly, warm, punctual, smart, attentive, proactive, helpful, and all the other great stuff... They made my family happy and we will come back again... For sure!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Ikangboy,

Thank you for bringing your family to us to celebrate your daughter's birthday. We are glad that Plantation Bay surpassed your expectations, and was a pleasure for your entire family.

We have passed on to our staff your enthusiastic comments about them, and everyone was delighted to hear your encouraging feedback.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

There is one thing that I did not find great about my Plantation Bay experience... That I only stayed for one night. For someone who almost always stays in budget hotels, this was paradise. My daughter and I got to stay there with visiting relatives, and needless it was a great experience. We stayed in a room at the Palermo, on the third floor overlooking a pool. The beds were big and comfortable, and the bathroom amenities were great by our standards. Wi-fi was available in the rooms, but the connection wasn't so great. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast at the Palermo.
My cousin's family stayed in a family-type room, which had one huge bed and two double-decked ones, which was perfect for her, her husband, and four kids.
The main activity for an entire
day was trying out all their pools. For my Michigan-based nieces and nephews, who usually swam in Lake Michigan, the salt-water pool was a different experience that was a bit unpleasant for the youngest ones. But they all had a blast!
Another thing i found interesting.. The no-tipping rule. It simply made me feel that all the smiles and the warmth from their staff are given in the spirit of sincere service. That was a big plus for me.

• Stayed: July 2013
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Mitch S,

Thank you for commending our friendly service, and for taking the time to share how you felt your one-day stay was not enough to appreciate all the features of our resort. When you come back next time, check out our activities at the Gameroom and Savannah Park and try our massage too!

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

From reservation to our actual stay, I never had doubts Plantation could fail my expectations. Although the resort was far from the city proper, there were shuttle buses to take tourists to and from the malls. It was my birthday week-end, I was given a complimentary bday cake. Tasty and sweet. The room was big and the 2 double beds were enough to rest our tired bodies. There were pools we could choose by. I wasn't able to go to the beach as I was enjoying the man made lagoons and pools. Food was reasonably priced considering its stature or image. There were welcome drinks and native delicacies. The only downsize was the lack of bidet. It made me uncomfortable, as it was for every hotel we stayed in that had none of it. But anyway the lack of it wouldn't affect the good feeling I experienced on our 3-day stay. I will be back for sure. :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Leilanie_12,

All our staff were delighted to help make your birthday and stay a memorable one and we're happy to know that you appreciated our efforts and enjoyed your stay so much that you plan to return.

We are always adding something new to Plantation Bay and our recently launched complimentary scheduled shuttle bus to and from malls is an amenity that most guests find convenient.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wife and myself stayed as part of a wedding party.
Many positives to take from our stay at Plantation and yet areas they could improve on.
Positives - Pools are fantastic and their are lots of activities of a good quality for all ages.
Staff - friendly, courteous, happy and always looking to help.
Rooms - good size, comfortable beds, well fitted bathrooms, good wi fi
Entertainment - Lots going on round the resort

Negatives - food and drink. Food is of a poor quality compared to 90% of other places i ate in Philippines and is appallingly expensive. Breakfast is pushing £10 for a pretty basic fare, a local beer is the best part of £3 when even in high quality restaurants in Cebu its half this price.
All guests within our party agreed that this was the area of most concern and one that the hotel could look at and improve.
Price - The hotel is good but the cost of the rooms is what you would expect for a +5 star hotel, and Plantation is not at this level.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank James P
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear James P,

Thank you for your kind comments about our rooms, facilities, activities, and staff.

Really, the only part of your stay that left you somewhat dissatisfied appears to have been the food. The gist of your negative comments about our food is that you found it expensive. For example, you made reference to our breakfast buffet, which includes home-baked pastries, meat dishes, salads, an egg station, sweet and savory hors d'oeuvres, a variety of fresh fruits, and many other items. At about 15 pounds sterling (US$20), you found this "overpriced".

Surely you are jesting? The last time I was in London (staying in a 5-star Mayfair hotel near St. James's Park), my breakfast cost me over 35 Pounds (US$50), and was boring. The cheapest breakfast a tourist in London can reasonably hope to buy is at Pret a Manger, a kind of sandwich emporium, where a modest-size sandwich and coffee will come to about 5 pounds. And why limit the discussion to London? In any quality hotel in Manila, the full breakfast buffet will cost about $30 or more, and not be as good as ours. Let's leave Manila and return to our own island of Mactan. Here, our closest competitor charges $30, while several other hotels of considerably lesser quality charge $25. At $20, our breakfast buffet is the least expensive among the major hotels on this island. At the same time, it is the most delicious. When someone waxes indignant over our $20 breakfast buffet, we can only wonder what his point of reference is.

By the way, during your stay, we made a courtesy call on one member of your party, a native Briton, and she, at least, reported that she was perfectly satisfied with every aspect of her stay, including the quality and price of the food.

Emmanuel Gonzalez

#9 of 43 in Mactan Island
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 92 in Cebu City

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!