On March 2-3, 2013 I took my kids to Cebu for a short get-away. Courtesy of my friends at “Plantation Bay” (Des and Geli), we stayed in the resort for the weekend. It was my second time to stay in Plantation Bay and the resort continuous to amaze me due to its picturesque ambiance.
We arrived early Saturday morning and we were picked up from the airport. Their very competent staffs will assist you as you exit the terminal. They have several fleet that will assist you and your family or if it will be your Company Outing, no worries; they have a bus to accommodate your group.
We arrived early in the resort, although we requested for an early check-in, our room is not ready yet so we were advised that we can use the facilities while waiting for our room. We left our luggage in their designated staff, and off we go to Explore Plantation Bay. We spend the morning taking pictures, the place is 360 degrees picture perfect. Pristine waters, lush greenery, wide array of food – they have 4 excellent restaurants, Kilimanjaro Kafé- international menus and local Cebuano dishes, Fiji- seafood and Asian specialties; Palermo- tapas and pastas, Savannah Grill- fast-food favorites such as your burgers and fries.
We had our lunch at Fiji and enjoyed our seafood platter, the rest of the day we spend enjoying the pools. Yes, they are surrounded by swimming pools. Take your pick! Fresh water pools or salt water pools. We managed to try all the pools except the Windward since it was under maintenance at that time. You should not miss the giant water slide!
My kids enjoyed the complementary bicycles around the resort. They never get tired of biking! I myself tried the Kalesa ride around the resort, it’s relaxing while enjoying the scenery. The resort had a lot of special lounges that you can just sit and relax , read book or just enjoy a quite moment.
They also have themed dinners with grand presentations nightly, each night have different theme. I particularly enjoyed the “Sahara Nights” with the belly dancing and more. Check the schedules during your stay and reserve early J.
They can also accommodate company outings; they have several function rooms that will suite your group requirement and don’t worry about the food – they have the best food choices and in large servings. Our groups is around 60 people, and we manage to arrange activities around the resort with the assistance of their very accommodating staffs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island