Plantation bay is a beautiful resort that lives with the arrangements of sweet water and saltwater pools, watersides, other leisure arrangements and water sports including diving, etc.
if you are also looking for a nice beach then don't go here, the beach is a tiny little strip of stones and seaweed. There are plenty of other places in the Philippines that have beaches that can also be called beaches. The resort is good to spend 2-3 days (which we did) else it is getting a bit boring, at least for me, however our kids enjoy it very much, so we are overall happy.
The service is a bit inflexible, however the people are willing to support, you just have to insist politely and it works very well.
The rooms are very nicely made up and decorated very well, we had a two room family suite, good to stay and enjoy the day, spacious and comfortable with large veranda.
Wireless was free and very fast.
Food wise, you are also stuck with the restaurants inside the resort, it's good food however not so very much local and a bit pricey with less choices.
The resort is about 30 minutes away from lapu-lapu city, which is a bit to far to walk and no simple transportation like trycicles available from the resort, to book a car from the hotel every day you want to go to town is also not so practical. So you are a bit stuck.
Approximately 1-1.5 hours to Cebu, depending on traffic is acceptable, nice malls and restaurants in Cebu, preferably Ayala Mall, is like Eastwood in Manila. You will find everything you want or need there.
Overall nice to experience but I would not come back, I prefer more a nice white beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island