We were a party of 3 that checked in a 1 bed suite room. The rooms (it had an adjacent living room) were really spacious but different from what they publish in their website. We could really tell the rooms (and the bathrooms) were dated as we frequented the resort previously (would visit 3-5 times a year from 2004-2006). Our first day was very good as we were there for a prenup shoot. The staff were very helpful in achieving our concept. However, room service was unavailable. We had to pick up our food from one of the restos! Our second day was terrible! After having breakfast at around 11, we couldn't get inside our room! So we went to the souvenir shop to call front desk and they said they'd send someone immediately. Apparently, immediately means 30-40 mins after! I had to call twice as we were getting impatient. I told the lady I was speaking to at the front desk that she should give us more time to pack as check out was at 12 noon. All she could manage as a reply was "uhhh, how much time ma'am?" That was very bad customer service!! I asked for the status and they said the battery of the door sensor for the room card was low or empty-something that shouldn't happen as the door sensor would be blinking if it was low on battery. Two men came to manually open the door and we could hear the duty manager impatiently and repeatedly asking "are they not checking out yet?" Hello! Our stuff was still inside! Talk about not giving a damn about their guests.
I must say I was so disappointed during my stay. I work overseas and I keep raving about Plantation Bay to both my fellow Filipinos and the foreigners alike and have even convinced some friends to stay over last month. It figures that those friends (that checked in last month) didn't share my previous opinion on this resort after having experienced what we did today.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island