“away from the crowded city...”

Plantation Bay Resort And Spa
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is my second time in Plantation Bay. We booked a Lagoon side room and I was a bit disappointed because we were assigned at the side where a cold spring? is currently constructed - not yet functional that time, so we didn't have that direct access to the lagoon. The grounds in that area was not properly kept, so i didn't much like it. As for the room, nothing much to complain about. AC was perfectly working that humid day, the bed was great. Only that when I was soaking in the tub, i noticed there was a hole on the ceiling where the light bulb is was. Unforgettable meals : Fiji so far is the best. Savannah - their chili con carne was good, Kilimanjaro - we only had breakfast there so I really can't say. We ordered the ala carte American and Filipino set meals. I enjoyed my stay, we spent time in the gameroom playing table tennis and billiards. ALso we brought our rubber shoes with us, so we went a couple of rounds the following day. And beware of one kutchero (the kalesa operator), he tried to ask us for a tip where in fact they strictly implement the "no tipping" policy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from renovations/constructions/improvements going on. Avoid the Havanas, you ca...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rj_travelbug
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear rj_travelbug,

Thank you for the kind words about our comfortable bed and food.

We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your room because of its location, and for the inconvenience our renovations and improvements caused you.

We appreciate your taking the time to respond to our private message to share more details about the horse-drawn carriage driver (kutchero) who tried to ask for a tip. You are correct to note that Plantation Bay strictly implements a No-Tipping policy. We already took appropriate actions, and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Nenette G. Castillon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

It is a good location for big families. The pools, slides, waterfalls and kayaking is great. What is a bit off putting is the beach, but then the "lagoon" compensates for that. The rooms are also not great. We had two rooms on the lagoon and there were mice in the roof - enough said. The restaurants are really good and very accommodating towards young children. The horse carts are a lot of fun and the spa is also good. Overall a nice stay, but I will not be rushing back.

Room Tip: don't choose the rooms directly on the lagoon. It might be better to be along the beach.
2  Thank Lara R
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Lara R,

Thank you for the kind words about the service, the restaurants, and the spa.

We're glad that you and your family enjoyed the variety of activities and facilities we offer. Plantation Bay welcomes many different kinds of guests, but families are typically among our most appreciative guests.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

As a local, when the noise and busyness of the city(Cebu) starts to make me go crazy, I make it a point that I create opportunities to escape and decompress. Traveling is always ideal, but then sometimes planning a trip can be stressful as it is. Luckily, there are a lot of places in the city, like Plantation Bay, where I can easily seek refuge.

It's been around for awhile so the rooms, in my opinion, are a bit run-down. The beach front may not be the best, but their lagoons make up for it.

As for food, it's above average. I prefer dining at Fiji(their Japanese restaurant) as I'm not really a big fan of buffet.

Room Tip: A visit to their award-winning Mogambo Springs Spa is always a welcome respite. It has the perfect h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TheHermitIsOut

Dear Michael S,

Thank you for the review.

Plantation Bay is renowned for providing its guests with an environment that truly feels "away from it all.” Thank you for affirming this by sharing about your relaxing visit to the resort.

We're pleased that you loved our spa and appreciated our food, especially the dishes at Fiji Restaurant. Next time you come back, try our Palermo Restaurant too!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Have been here just few months ago for some relaxation. The resort has a vast area and is picturesque day and night, with also a number of inhouse activities to choose from. Kids will surely like the lagoons for swimming or kayaking and their numerous pools, though they also have a small beach front that I think has clearer water as compared to other beach resorts in Mactan. Night rate is a bit pricey.. but you can maximize your stay anyway for the numerous activities you can do inside. Oth, for those who are not intend to stay overnight, an option will be their 'Day Tour' package w/c includes an ala-carte meal and access to the resort amenities. If you'll opt for the latter, take the visit on Sunday where they offer a buffet lunch instead.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear ILuvTravel713,

We are pleased to hear that you had a relaxing vacation with us, and that you appreciated our beach's clear waters.

Thank you for recounting the many ways to have fun in Plantation Bay, and for specifically mentioning the resort's exceptional visual appeal.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

way back when it started , when my niece and daughter were still little ones , i have stayed at plantation bay with family and friends. we have always enjoyed the place. with its lagoon and little falls. the view of the place is awesome ! rooms are well-appointed . love their beds and looking out in their patio has always been an enjoyable thing to do. now that they have these cat walks , it even added to a delightful walk to its food outlets and its lagoon.

Room Tip: rooms facing the lagoon is a plus for couples with kids
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Cinnabon H,

We're delighted to know that you have only fond memories of the hotel.

We are always adding something new to Plantation Bay and we're glad that on your return, you found it even better than you remembered.

Thank you for the kind sentiments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Family of five. Convinced my Mom to celebrate her birthday on Plantation Bay. Stayed at one Bedroom Suite last Oct 19-20, 2013.. First we arrive much earlier from check in time and they accommodate us without us asking/begging to be accommodated early. Aside from numerous pools and the beach, there is such a variety of things to do. We tried Archery and target shooting. Video games, tennis and billiards. We also tried Biking around the resort.
Yep, foods are expensive but can't complain because it taste really good and of the service they provide. Right now, I'm actually craving for their breads.. And because it was my Mom's birthday they gave us a complimentary surprise cake along with the staff and other guest singing the HBD song. Sooo happy with that :D ..
The lagoon beside Kilimanjaro is my favorite part. So beautiful and unique! I will definitely go back just for that..
Rooms are spacious, aircon is working well, nice bathroom (but no bidet :( ) and the bed is super nice.
Staffs are all gracious and ready to assist us with speed and smile :)
We will definitely go back and stay longer ...need to experience other good things they offer..., minus aftershock that woke us at around 4am..

Dear Jelyn09,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your mother's birthday at Plantation Bay, and for taking the time to share how you felt your one-night stay was not enough to appreciate all the features of our resort.

We're pleased to read that you liked your suite and the lagoons, and that your family enjoyed our various leisure activities.

Thank you too for acknowledging that, though some of our prices seemed high, this was understandable because of the quality and service offered. And thanks for the high praise on our breads. Our pastry chefs appreciate your compliments!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was there in Plantation Bay resort in Cebu, I was staying there for 5 days on my holiday trip. I saw they have mermaid swimming courses and I took the classes for 3 days and it was amazing, I've learn how to hold my breath longer than 30 seconds I did 2:30 seconds which i cannot imagine, because when i did my snorkeling in the reef i cannot stay that long even though i did fun swimming before. Many things i've learn in mermaid course, specially dolphin swimming the instructor " Gadie Barro" she made a brilliant example and after 30 minutes wow i made it! we proceed to duck diving which my legs wont straight up but oh my word, I learn it in mermaid course too. The memorable experience for me is to make a bubble ring underwater, oh my word, i made it too, now i know how to make a bubble ring, and my instructor Gadie Barro, swam inside the bubble ring i made. Now i know the techniques it was really fun, as a mermaid also is a one way to help our ocean as a ambassador, Gadie says NO to Plastic and let us help our environment.... Many years that i've been dreaming to become a mermaid like ariel now i did it. I use my mermaid tail in the reef and I dove to 10 meters and was staying underwater in the reef about 1:20 seconds and I took many pictures there with the fishes. It was amazing and brilliant experience. Thank you very much to my instructor Gadie Barro and also to Plantation Bay Resort who has this creative idea, it helps me a lot and I've learn a lot and i love and enjoy it!....... Mermaid Course is for booking she has a number also. 09175212240 try it guys you will learn and love it.

1  Thank mermaidgaby
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear mermaidgaby,

Thank you for taking the time to share how you enjoyed your 5-day stay with us. We are happy that you realized your dream of becoming a mermaid at Plantation Bay, and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#9 of 43 in Mactan Island
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 92 in Cebu City

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!