“The best!”

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Redding, California
“The best!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I was there on the height of typhoon yolanda but the resort made us feel safe. Despite all the chaos going around with the weather and all, the staff were all readily available. The service never stopped, not one bit. When calling room service, they were there in an instant with a smile on their faces. Food was also very good especially PALERMO restaurant. Everything was perfect! The whole resort was perfect! Everyone must go there at least once in their life. I would definitely go back! It's such a beautiful and relaxing place!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Christina A
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Christina A,

Thank you for the enthusiastic comments! We're pleased to read your kind sentiments about our staff and food, and our chefs in Palermo especially appreciate the compliments.

Like you, most guests who were here when the typhoon struck found Plantation Bay safe. No storm damage was recorded, and it's been business as usual.

We look forward to your next visit.

Nenette G. Castillon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dublin, California, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I went here with my family; my parents, and my 10 year old brother who liked the PS3 in our room more than the beach. He didnt expect our room would have one, and neither did we. We had the family room and apparently they thought of everything a family would like to do in their hotel. I have to say, they are right. I never thought of finding a gaming console in a beach resort. My brother had lots of fun.

I for one loved the lagoons and the freshwater pools. The place is built so intuitively that they have a floating minibar in the pools. Refreshments are just a swim away. This takes swimming and relaxing under the sun, up a notch. I never felt the need to come out of the water. The 12 foot diving spot is quite a challenge, but it was so much fun. My mom and I had to take turns while my dad takes the pictures. It was really cool.

They also have a mini volcano (spouting water, of course) in the middle of a freshwater pool, it is right beside a burger place called Savana. Quite a great spot for taking pictures and great tasting burgers.

Our weekend here was not enough. Next time, I'll ask my dad to let us stay for at least a week. It was a fun filled very few days and I have a bunch of pictures to upload. Next time, I'll bring my underwater camera. I am really looking forward for more fun in Plantation Bay.

Room Tip: There's a PS3 in the family room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kira S
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Kira S,

Thank you for the kind review of your fun weekend at Plantation Bay.

We're glad that you and your family enjoyed the variety of activities and facilities we offer and that you found the resort's ambience unique and exceptional.

And a big Thank You! for sharing how your younger brother appreciated the PS3 in your Family Room. Next time you come back, have him join our Wii Challenge at the Gameroom too!

Iloilo City, Phils
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is my second time in Plantation Bay. We booked a Lagoon side room and I was a bit disappointed because we were assigned at the side where a cold spring? is currently constructed - not yet functional that time, so we didn't have that direct access to the lagoon. The grounds in that area was not properly kept, so i didn't much like it. As for the room, nothing much to complain about. AC was perfectly working that humid day, the bed was great. Only that when I was soaking in the tub, i noticed there was a hole on the ceiling where the light bulb is was. Unforgettable meals : Fiji so far is the best. Savannah - their chili con carne was good, Kilimanjaro - we only had breakfast there so I really can't say. We ordered the ala carte American and Filipino set meals. I enjoyed my stay, we spent time in the gameroom playing table tennis and billiards. ALso we brought our rubber shoes with us, so we went a couple of rounds the following day. And beware of one kutchero (the kalesa operator), he tried to ask us for a tip where in fact they strictly implement the "no tipping" policy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from renovations/constructions/improvements going on. Avoid the Havanas, you ca...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rj_travelbug
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear rj_travelbug,

Thank you for the kind words about our comfortable bed and food.

We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your room because of its location, and for the inconvenience our renovations and improvements caused you.

We appreciate your taking the time to respond to our private message to share more details about the horse-drawn carriage driver (kutchero) who tried to ask for a tip. You are correct to note that Plantation Bay strictly implements a No-Tipping policy. We already took appropriate actions, and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 31 October 2013

It is a good location for big families. The pools, slides, waterfalls and kayaking is great. What is a bit off putting is the beach, but then the "lagoon" compensates for that. The rooms are also not great. We had two rooms on the lagoon and there were mice in the roof - enough said. The restaurants are really good and very accommodating towards young children. The horse carts are a lot of fun and the spa is also good. Overall a nice stay, but I will not be rushing back.

Room Tip: don't choose the rooms directly on the lagoon. It might be better to be along the beach.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lara R
Plantation_Bay_GM, General Manager at Plantation Bay Resort And Spa, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Lara R,

Thank you for the kind words about the service, the restaurants, and the spa.

We're glad that you and your family enjoyed the variety of activities and facilities we offer. Plantation Bay welcomes many different kinds of guests, but families are typically among our most appreciative guests.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 31 October 2013

As a local, when the noise and busyness of the city(Cebu) starts to make me go crazy, I make it a point that I create opportunities to escape and decompress. Traveling is always ideal, but then sometimes planning a trip can be stressful as it is. Luckily, there are a lot of places in the city, like Plantation Bay, where I can easily seek refuge.

It's been around for awhile so the rooms, in my opinion, are a bit run-down. The beach front may not be the best, but their lagoons make up for it.

As for food, it's above average. I prefer dining at Fiji(their Japanese restaurant) as I'm not really a big fan of buffet.

Room Tip: A visit to their award-winning Mogambo Springs Spa is always a welcome respite. It has the perfect h...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank TheHermitIsOut
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for the review.

Plantation Bay is renowned for providing its guests with an environment that truly feels "away from it all.” Thank you for affirming this by sharing about your relaxing visit to the resort.

We're pleased that you loved our spa and appreciated our food, especially the dishes at Fiji Restaurant. Next time you come back, try our Palermo Restaurant too!

Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Have been here just few months ago for some relaxation. The resort has a vast area and is picturesque day and night, with also a number of inhouse activities to choose from. Kids will surely like the lagoons for swimming or kayaking and their numerous pools, though they also have a small beach front that I think has clearer water as compared to other beach resorts in Mactan. Night rate is a bit pricey.. but you can maximize your stay anyway for the numerous activities you can do inside. Oth, for those who are not intend to stay overnight, an option will be their 'Day Tour' package w/c includes an ala-carte meal and access to the resort amenities. If you'll opt for the latter, take the visit on Sunday where they offer a buffet lunch instead.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear ILuvTravel713,

We are pleased to hear that you had a relaxing vacation with us, and that you appreciated our beach's clear waters.

Thank you for recounting the many ways to have fun in Plantation Bay, and for specifically mentioning the resort's exceptional visual appeal.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Cagayan de Oro City, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Reviewed 29 October 2013

way back when it started , when my niece and daughter were still little ones , i have stayed at plantation bay with family and friends. we have always enjoyed the place. with its lagoon and little falls. the view of the place is awesome ! rooms are well-appointed . love their beds and looking out in their patio has always been an enjoyable thing to do. now that they have these cat walks , it even added to a delightful walk to its food outlets and its lagoon.

Room Tip: rooms facing the lagoon is a plus for couples with kids
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Cinnabon H,

We're delighted to know that you have only fond memories of the hotel.

We are always adding something new to Plantation Bay and we're glad that on your return, you found it even better than you remembered.

Thank you for the kind sentiments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!