We are frequent travellers and I have always been intrigued of Cebu, Philippines' 5-star hotels and white pristine beaches so I checked on different websites of cebu hotels and it was this hotel that caught my attention. Plantation Bay has a beautifully laid out website and is honest enough to say that their lagoons are manmade. To the people who are posting their reviews of the hotel here saying that the pools are fake, you don't know what you're saying! Plantation Bay's website says it all that they have manmade pools, etc. In fairness to the hotel, the manmade lagoons are perfectly done, bravo! My spouse and I enjoyed our stay here except for the service we experienced in the coffee shop where 1 waiter forgot to place our orders and we waited for almost an hour, a lady manager named Rochel must have noticed our situation and came to the rescue, she was very helpful and pleasant, gave us food immediately after knowing that our orders were delayed, etc. Anyway, it was handled well so kudos to Rochel, she's an asset to this hotel.
Aside from the delayed food order that was handled well, the rooms didn't have toothbrush, toothpaste, no slippers, nothing! This hotel is claiming 5-star but they're not, except for their people.
After our stay in this "5-star" Plantation Bay, we checked out Shangrila hotel. This hotel is indeed 5-star unlike what Plantation Bay is claiming. Shangrila has good facilities, their Chi Spa is tops! Rooms are elegant though staff servcie is nothing compared to Plantation Bay in general.
When we come back here in Cebu, we will definitely stay in Shangrila! The true 5-star hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island