Plantation Bay Resort And Spa
Movenpick.com
US$96
US$72
Agoda.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$122
Agoda.com
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$101
Agoda.com
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$89
Agoda.com
Chambre Hotel Mactan(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$30
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Hotelpower.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,954 results
All reviewsno tipping policysalt waterwall climbingfiji restaurantlagoon sidesavannah grillmogambo springskilimanjaro cafefiring rangewater poolsman made lagoonlagoon view roomswim up barpaddle boardingpoolside roomgames roomday trippers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2008

OK, I agree with the expensive food and the 3-star accommodation (instead of 5-stars) reviews about this resort. But for a 100% Filipino (Cebu local) owned hotel, Plantation Bay Resort (PBR) is an excellent resort and exceeds standards for other locally owned resorts in the Philippines. Of course the Shangri-la Hotel and Spa is the best in Cebu, but it’s owned by $10 billion foreign national with more than 49 hotels worldwide. I’m a Filipino-American which served in the US military, and was stationed all over Europe and Asia. Other locally owned resorts in countries I visited were nothing compared to PBR. The staff at PBR was respectful and courteous, the room and bathroom was nice and clean, the water features (slides, pool, lagoon, etc) were unique and pleasurable, the activities were adequate and satisfying, the food (although expensive) was good and respectable, and, finally my favorite rule of PBR is the no tip policy. Every time I go on vacation to the Philippines I always patronize and support locally owned establishments (to support and represent the Philippine economy) and never compare them with the multi-million or multi-billion dollar foreign establishments in the Philippines.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank sitik
Reviewed 7 November 2008

The first experience of Plantation Bay is that it is very isolated but romantic destination faraway from the hustle and bustle of Cebu. We were collected at the airport and the transfer to the resort was flawless. Although there was lenghty delay before our room was ready. The service was friendly and welcoming.

The room was worth the wait combining the comfort of vintage furnishing with a prestine bathroom and comfortable beds. Many previous reviewers have criticized the artificial lagoon, but we found it to be very clean and thouroughly enjoying stepping out of our room into sparkling water and made full use of the various hideaway jacuzzis. The restaurant had good quality food but tended to be overpriced.

The one draw back was the very small beach, but this did not spoil our enjoyment. The horse cart transportation around the resort was a great idea as it covers a big area and involves plenty of walking. We certainly look forward to staying there once again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angelo_The_Explorer
Reviewed 1 November 2008

Through the years have book PBay for a nite or 2 each visit...and each visit the service and overall mngt. of teh resort/hotel has significcantly deteriorated, so much so that after my last visit I would not even think of returning . Lousy food at premium prices, service was medicore at best. Shangri- LA is where I stay now. Do yourself a favor and pass on Pbay.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
8  Thank bk555
Reviewed 31 October 2008

So ok, I'm not a connoisseur of 5-Star hotels but I have been in a few. Plantation Bay tries its best but, nah, don't expect 5-Star treatment, more likely 3-Star.

I will say, though, the staff make you feel it is a 5-Star establishment. They are friendly, attentive and helpful. One waiter, on finding out we were teachers wanted to take us to a local school to see the kids. Great! Unfortunately it was end of Ramadan on that day. But the gesture was there.

I have read reviews here on how big the resort is. It's not as big as it is potrayed here. You can walk around the circumference in about 15 minutes at a walking pace. We never once took a cart or a bicycle.

We had a pool side room. Which was itself in a little enclosure around a small pool. Room was big with 2 double beds, bathroom was big with bath and shower. No problems at all with room. Sheet had a smudge on first day but that was ok, further sheets were good. Got an internet cable from reception for our laptop, because wireless wasn't within range. Worked good.

Pools are a let down. The massive lagoon that forms the central part of the resort is pretty grimy and has a slimy dirty floor. Looks great but nobody goes in to swim, mainly to paddle the kayaks.
Our little pool was also grimy, never went into it.
The only pool which sees some action and is clean and tidy is the pool with the bar in it. Lovely to lounge around, dip in and grab a cocktail at the pool bar.

Which brings us to activities. Of course if you're not into diving and stuff your choices are limited somewhat. Plantation Bay, again tries it's best with daily activities. They also have archery, a firing range (which I both did, the firing range is eerie but was an experience I had to do). In the same area of archery, firing range you can rent out segways and there is also a strange little pitch and putt area. Do NOT go here for the pitch and putt! Haha I was expecting more but it was just a little grass island with two holes and a few areas to pitch from.

So, yeah, activities could be looked at by the management but we were very very happy to bask in the sun by the pool and drink and eat. Oh yeah eating, nothing to really write home about. The best restuarant is the one by the pool bar area (Kilimanjaro I think), it's the same place where you get your breakfast.

We took one of the day trips to Bohol which involves a sleepy boring boat ride which takes about 3 hours. Bohol is nice and the guide was great. Couldn't do that boat trip again though!

There are no options outside the resort, you are in the middle of nowhere. You are also made feel that you shouldn't leave the resort and walk around which I usually do and like doing.

So it's probably a question of whether we would go to Cebu again rather than if we would go to Plantation Bay. We probably wouldn't go to Cebu again due to it's isolation and restrictiveness of the resorts there.
If you are going to Cebu; Plantation Bay is a good option. Don't expect too much pampering but the staff are excellent and will try their utmost to make your stay a good one. Which they did for us.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Colin G
Reviewed 16 October 2008

well plantation bay is one of the "5-star hotel" as they tagged em' selves 2 b but regarding to the service they offer and how they trained their people well,i guess not. The staff indeed where looking at me with disgust since I am with a foreigner. I thought that it is in their guest etiquette stuff to treat all the guest equally be it a man or a woman!?and plantation Bay has been the worst resort I've ever been to. No slippers,toothbrush every ammenities that a 5 star hotel consist wherein they lacked! The Food! when I dined in kirimanjaru i was just so disgused of seeing a cockroach feet on my plate!!!! and in the room I asked to change my blanket yet they just inverted the blanket I used! Now u judge if indeed they are a "5-STAR HOTEL" as they claimed to be!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple