Brought my family to Plantation Bay recently and they just loved it. What was there to love?
First, the place itself. It was huge! As one person pointed out, it was like a beach resort that looks like a plantation, with the feel of an amusement park. Besides the swimming (which was pretty remarkable itself since you get to chose between numerous fresh and salt water pools, aside from the beach), there were a lot of other things to do (games for the kids, spa treatment for the missus- one of the best according to her, firing range for dad to name a few). So quite understandably, families with small kids like mine really take to a place like this.
Second, the service. I have never been to a hotel or resort that offers such excellent service. Everyone had their smiles on, asking what could they be of service to you. And it wasn't just the willingness, it was spot on (well, at least 95% of the time). This despite the "no tipping" policy.
But this place isn't perfect. For one, the place is expensive, particularly the food. I understand that quality comes at a price. But this shouldn't stop me from complaining about it.
Another complaint that popped up in previous comments is its isolated location. While this may be welcome for those who would want to be far from the madness outside the resort, I found it more of a hindrance, particularly when I wanted to go to town or eat out. Taxis are the only option outside of getting a private car c/o the resort to take you, and these taxis charge you a premium themselves, in spite of a working meter.
But complaints notwithstanding, this place would come highly recommended by myself. So much so that I wonder how good the other resorts ranked higher in Conde Nast Traveller's Top 25 Resorts in Asia really are. More travel is scheduled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island