“I live close to Plantation Bay”

Plantation Bay Resort And Spa
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Now i will say i have not stayed at This Place, so i can only give you the talk of the Tourist and Clients i meet. I own a Restaurant here so i see many tourist, they word i hear is that to pricey for what you get. I think they might be better values for that much money elsewhere on Mactan Island.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank ppatrick671

Reviewed 7 August 2009

Be careful what room/building you get. My first stay a year before was very good, had a room in a one level building. Second stay was terrible cause was in the building with 3 levels. The floor above me had some noisy Koreans playing Mahjong or something all night long. Screeching their chairs, talking and laughing loudly... I kept calling the staff and they wouldn't do anything about it. I went upstairs and kicked their door, lost my temper pretty badly and this was supposed to be a vacation!!! They stopped for 5 mins then started again. Finally at 4:30am the management got me another room. It's unfortunate because I did have a very good first stay. I like swimming in the lagoon. I'll never go back again because of this. I can pretty much say it was one of the worst vacations I've ever had because it should have been relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
4  Thank newyorkerinchina
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We have joined the spa package at the hotel website.

We found that the hotel mentioned that they will allow early check-in.Since our flight is at night and possibly will ariive at 2:00am.

I sent several email to check whether check in 2:00am is ok?

The staff replied that 2:00am check in is ok provided that there is room avaialble.

When we arrive the hotel, the manger -Paul mentioned that we need to paid for early check in. ( Pls note that there is room avialble but just You NEED to pay for it).

We are so exhausted that we not agrue on that.

So, turn out we have No early check in, but instead a late check in..(ha...)

The room is huge, but the blanet is hard.

We took Bfast there, but there is not much to choose from.

We definetly will stay Shanglri-la instead

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DucDucHongKong
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I have booked with this hotel for the reason that it's one of the must see resort. Well, This is the most erroneous decision that I've made in my travel experience. I thought that this resort knows how to satisfy their clients because their very expensive price. But from the booking reservation, payment, assistance in a transfer service, it made it difficult for me and my wife to enjoy our vacation. Every assistance that we ask for has an equivalent price. Boy, they don't know the meaning of service excellence and client satisfaction. Service means earning money for them. They don't know how to extend a helping hand for their clients.
The hotel is not much of an amazing resort, especially the rooms, not fascinating at all, not well maintained.
All in all, going to this resort is a waste of time, not worth spending your precious money.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DCS3178
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Just a normal resort hotel, despite its hype, there is nothing special about this hotel. The room rates are expensive considering that there is nothing remarkable. The resort has a no tipping policy but the service is not excellent. The rooms are big but basic.

They have free mountain climbing, archery activities and biking activities. When we arrived there the water in the lagoon are already green, good that the next day, they changed the water, making it blue again. Learned from the staff, they change the water every two weeks.

We tried all the four restaurant outlets, they are way too expensive and the food is not spectacular. Not one restaurant standout. The taste certainly is not comensurate to the price. Their faved croissant is not good either, have tasted far better croissants elsewhere.

We went to Shangri La Mactan to have dinner one night. Their food tastes a lot better and the prices are surprisingly cheaper.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Ebigo
Reviewed 28 June 2009

The Plantation Bay was one of the highlights of our Philippine vacation. You are in a world unto your own here. After checking in, we were whisked away to our villa with the private beach in a colorful jeepney-like transpo. The room was amazing and very well appointed with our own private beach with white sand and the man-made lagoon just steps away. We wasted no time in diving in to the Plantation Bay's man made lagoons. The lagoons, though man made, feels and looks like the real thing. I had no complaints with the aesthetics of the Plantation Bay. Although, the lagoons could be a little bit deeper I felt. There are areas deeper than the rest but i guess it is in consideration to families with young children that these deep areas are especially designated.

Now for the cons, i really hate to cite the cons here because the place is top notch. The cons are mostly service oriented. But here it is: 1) At one of the nights we stayed there, my brother wanted to go to the fitness center. He called for a transport to the gym and the hotel rep said that it wouldn't be a problem. But the transpo never came. 2) The hotel rep who was renting out the kayaks was very off putting like he couldn't believe a native is actually able to afford a place like Plantation Bay let alone rent a kayak. Puh-lease!!! We came up to him and said we wanted to rent a kayak. I swear to God that he actually frowned and acted like he couldnt be bothered. He never looked at me and my bro or anything. After what seemed like an eternity waiting for response from him, he reluctantly took our room no. and handed us a kayak. I thought if we spoke to him in English, maybe he'd treat us better.

All in all, this place is really a treat and a wonderful paradise set in a colonial inspired architecture in a lush lagoon, hence the name Plantation Bay. It lives up to its name and much more. At the end of our stay, I found myself wishing to stay one more day at the Plantation Bay.

Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank aldendoy
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Although the day had been humid and without rain, as luck would have it when we arrived at Plantation Bay, the rain started to pelt down.

We obtained a spot in the car park and waited five minutes for a break in the rain, and then caught the diesel-powered shuttle around the resort to the poolside bar - not the Fijiian restaurant that is much larger.

The large seawater pool was being maintained and had been drained. However the huge freshwater pool was being enjoyed by Korean and US guests.

Despite the rain, it was very pleasant sitting and enjoying restaurants. We did nt notice any mosquitoes or flies, but the restaurant was fully netted with a black fine mesh net that was unobstrusive.

The native hot chocolate tasted authentic (but different from an Australian one made with milk) and the mango shake was smooth and refreshing - the taste of the Philippines.

Lanscaping here is as one might expect excllent, and the tropical fish in the pond adjacent to the lobb are a delight even if I don't believe, on balance, that they should be in captivity unless they have bred while in a captive environment.

The waiter refused my tip as I forgot that the resort has a strict 'no tipping' policy.

From what I saw the external maintenance of the buildings appeared to be first class, and one wing of a few rooms appeared to be being refurbished. When you visit, the resort actually looks nicer than on the Internet - and this was on a dull day from 1630 when there was no visible sunset.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
#1 of 91 in Cebu City
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#9 of 43 in Mactan Island

Been to Plantation Bay Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!