I stayed here May 16th & 17th. I was very disappointed in the hotel. We had just spending a wonderful 4 days in Bohol at the Ananyana Resort, and this resort was quite different, unfortunately not in a good way. Reminded me of a kids water park , the construction of the walls around the resort and the resort as a whole had that look about it. We are a married couple, ages 43 and 52, and we found that the resort would be best suited towards families with children. We had a room where you could enter the salt water lagoon from our deck, but I found when entering the lagoon the bottom felt slimy and the water seemed stagnant, so needless to say I got in, and got right back out. The beach area that actually goes to the ocean is a very, very small area and right next door to a public beach area. Not an inviting area to sunbathe. The public beach area also had karaoke from morning (7:00 a.m. until late in the evening), the couple we traveled with said they continually heard it. The multiple pools were just ok, not very deep if you wanted to actually swim. The restaurants were terrible for the price. They only have one place that serves breakfast - a $20 US dollars buffet, which would have been ok if the buffet had a huge selection, but it didn't and the food was only average. DInner restauarants were also very expensive - your choice was either high end, or back to the restaurant that reminded me of Denny's but a much more limited menu than Denny's and I find Denny's \much better compared to Plantation Bay. In our two week stay in the Philippines, we ate at wonderful restauarants, some very upscale in Manilla and the food was much cheaper and the quailty 10x better. They do have a game room with pool tables and a decent exercise facility. The service and employees at the resort were all very wonderful, but the resort itself we found to be just average, definately not worth what they are charging per night - we paid $168 US dollars per night. I will not definately not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island