Notwithstanding a slight hiccup upon check-in (our room was not ready and front desk officer was going to put us in a temporary room while waiting for our room), I must say that our overall Plantation Bay experience was extremely satisfying and enjoyable. First of all, the people....contrary to what has been written on some blogs, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.... from the gentleman who manned the Plantation Bay counter at Mactan airport, to the duty manager named Angela (who efficiently resolved our check-in problem), to the restaurant attendants (especially Jacque, Weng and Bobby at Savanna), the Mogambo Spa staff (Hazel, Elaine, Kristine, Jen), the car driver (Lyndon), even the bibingka attendants (Roel and Vonn). We were so pleased with their level of service that we vowed to write a blog about them. It was amazing to see warm smiles from everyone we encounter. Even more so, since they weren't doing it for the anticipated tips (the resort has a strict no tipping policy).
The facilities are beautiful. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite at the Xanadu Lodge. The room was very spacious with a full living area (with a night bed) and a big bedroom with a king size bed. There is a large full bathroom and another powder room in the living area. We had a large patio literally a few steps from the large saltwater swimming lagoon. There is also a nice little island with a hammock. We spent a lot of time in the patio, just taking in the scenery and enjoying the nice breeze. The water in the lagoon was warm and comfortable. However, we really enjoyed swimming and lazing around in the whirlpool areas in the Kilimanjaro fresh water pool. The highlight of our stay was our spa treatment at the beautiful Mogambo spa, where they have three large jacuzzis (two with hot water) and a refreshing cold water pool and water fall area. The massage was heavenly.
Overall, probably one of the most relaxing and satisfying vacations we ever had. Highly recommend this, especially for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a resort in a class of its own. Set in 11 hectares of secluded grounds yet only one hour (when traffic is bad) from Cebu City, Plantation Bay offers one of the largest privately-owned waterways in the world, with the clean elegance of colonial-plantation architecture. Decompress from life’s pressures in the healing tranquility of an environment that truly feels “away from it all.” If you have ever spent time at a tropical plantation, you know what we mean. If not, come and discover a refreshingly different Flavor of Life. Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation or romantic getaway, for business or pleasure, this is far and away your best choice in the Philippines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Bay Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Bay Resort And Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Plantation Bay Hotel
- Plantation Bay Resort And Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island