“Certainly would want to come back”

Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Melbourne, Australia
“Certainly would want to come back”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I haven't tried any of the other hotels in the area as this was my first visit to Cebu but this place certainly must rate as one of the very best.
I didn't really like the first impression when driving in, with so many high rise towers, but ones you are settled, the place offers a great atmosphere.
The staff has been very friendly and I have to commend the entire team for really doing their level best to please each and every guest in the hotel.
The coffee shop looks a bit out of place in terms of design and furniture but overall I had a great couple of days there

Room Tip: get a room on a high floor to enjoy the great view
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike A
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
It is always nice to read a review from a satisfied customer. I thank you sincerely for writing about your stay with us and for pointing out the friendliness of our staff, who are the most important assets we have. I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back

Knuth Kiefer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Le Cannet, France
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The Moevenpick hotel is brand new hotel. Everything is white and so clean. A nice pool with armchairs in the water, a nice Beach where you can have a buffet in the evening. Nice rooms with view.
Entering in the hotel is nice, big white buses outside. Nice open lobby to cool the air. And the must, behind a claustra by a nice shopping place you have a surprising restroom green you may see.
A good experience.

2 Thank Guy F
I am glad that you like the new modern and airy feel and look of our hotel and had an enjoyable stay. I appreciate very much you writing about your impression on our hotel and I hope we left you with a long lasting positive memory of your stay in Cebu.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I an d my husband stayed here for 4 nights and we took this opportunity to re-charge our batteries. The people working there seem genuine and friendly and very eager to ensure we had a lovely time.
I read mixed reviews about this plces before but I absolutely can't fault it as it is well managed and the service can compete with any five star hotel I stayed at in the region.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for the high score you have given out hotel based on your recent experience here. I am glad that out team has succeeded in meeting your expectations and I appreciate you sharing this on this forum

Germany
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We had a fantastic 5 days stay and a great sunset cruise experience...If you book the hotel get with breakfast inclusive or You have to pay 1k and its eat all you can buffet of a wide variety of foods and fruits, breads everything! coming back soon..first to Moven Sentosa next month!!! More Power guys <3

Room Tip: seaview rooms overlooking the pool and The Ibiza
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 314Haha
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
It is a pleasure to read that you had a positive experience in our hotel and that you enjoyed the sunset cruise. I am equally thrilled that you will be coming back to us soon. In the meantime, I wish you a pleasant trip to our sister property in Sentosa / Singapore.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 March 2013

when we arrived they couldnt find our booking and then told us that the rate we had booked was for room only when clearly it showed on our print out, it was for buffet breakfast included. having survived that we then couldnt get hot water in our shower, gerry the manager then became involved and made things right by giving us an upgrade to a suite with beautiful views which made our six day stay very pleasant. the hotel has an excellent location and has a shuttle into cebu to two different shopping malls. the staff are very friendly in fact they seem genuinely interested in talking to you. the buffet breakfast although adequate was slanted towards korean tastes as they had large numbers of koreans staying there. we had several dinners a la carte and enjoyed these meals.

Room Tip: get a room with ocean views
1 Thank barry c
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I am glad to read that we have recovered the initial negative impression upon your arrival at the hotel. Needless to say, such problems should not have occurred and we will look into this to improve our services in those areas. I am however happy that our employees have stood out as genuinely friendly and engaging, which I believe is our greatest asset in our hotel.
I hope we have a chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Normally i always stay at shangri-la and wanted to try something new.
Never again....
Poor service.
Rude management.
Half the falicites are run down.
When i complained some f&b director had the nerve to tell me to be more understanding as they just re-opened and not everything was perfect yet..

My suggestion if your not ready. Dont open...

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Hugs198
I would like to apologize for not providing you with the experience you expected from us.
I was surprised though that you mentioned that half of our facilities were “run down” ,considering that all our are facilities were renovated very recently. This being the case, I would like to invite you to personally contact me at my email address: Knuth.kiefer@moevenpick.com to provide me with some further details as it is important for me to know where we fell short in order to do better for the future.

Singapore
Reviewed 18 March 2013

For those who want a beach resort, and intend to spend time on the beach and doing sea sports, this would be a perfect getaway. Tucked in the corner of Mactan Island, off Cebu City, it's great for just relaxing and fun in the sun. However, it is quite a distance off the city, and will require some time to get to and fro if you want to head into town for some shopping and food. Ambiance is nice and scenery is good, overall pretty decent and quiet. Not much activities or shops around the hotel, but lots of beach side sea sports activities nearby e.g. snorkeling, island hopping. Not that cheap, paid PHP21k, S$645 (USD$515) for 3 nights, including breakfast for 2.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
I thank you for pointing out the variety of water sports options at our hotel as well as the relaxing atmosphere. While your comments were generally positive, your marks indicate to me that you were not entirely happy with your stay, possibly due to the lack of restaurants and shops outside the hotel? I was surprised though that you pointed out the distance to the city as the Cebu City center can be reached within 30 minutes from our hotel, which is actually a unique feature of the resorts in Mactan, being tropical beach resorts, plus having the conveniences of a large city nearby.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#13 of 31 in Lapu Lapu
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 90 in Cebu City

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!