We stayed at the suite of this hotel recently.
The bathroom of the suites were small and the layout was so cramped, the tiles and decor were tacky, the shower fixtures were flimsy and hard to control out since it is china made and of poor quality. Not what you expect from a hotel at all. The housekeeping staff, however, were efficient and cleaned the rooms well.
The restaurant options were very limited but had good food (expensive), the service is one of the worse that you will find around the Philippines. The service staff were untrained and you had to followup several times before you get your order. It was a very frustrating experience to dine in the restaurants. There were a lot of flies inside the restaurants that did not seem to bother the restaurant staff.
The front desk personnel were in a class all their own, they spoke english but did not understand instructions. I speak cebuano fluently and did not also understand that, they were more focused on showing us that they could speak english but did not bother to understand that we just wanted our rooms. We booked a total of four rooms and made us wait for the turnover of one room for four hours. So frustrating!
The beach staff were almost absent so if you want to order something, you have to wait around 30 minutes for a waiter to arrive and another 30 minutes for your order to arrive. You have to repeatedly request for towels or bread for fish feeding before any of these things get to you.
The Ibiza beach restaurant/club is very nice but again the service is so poor. the food is so slow on the Churrasco/Brazilian Barbeque that we started dinner at 9pm even though we arrived at the restaurant and started ordering at 7:30pm.
Please save yourself the aggravation. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere. Needless to say, we are not staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun, sand and sea await you at Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu. Home to the hugely popular dining and entertainment venue, Ibiza Beach Club, this 5-star Mediterranean-inspired beachfront hotel is the ultimate hotspot for travelers seeking fun and comfort in a trendy setting. Surrounded by expansive marine life, and a location that is only 6 kilometers from the Mactan International Airport, the hotel is the ideal choice to jumpstart your Cebu journey. Feel the thrill of exciting water sports and adventure, or take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool or Sea. Nights come alive as Ibiza Beach Club commands the rhythm of the Mactan night scene with its showcase of live, world class entertainment accompanied by award-winning cuisine. The hotel is also the perfect choice for all kinds of occasions, from business events to weddings, with venues ranging from intimate spaces, ballrooms or lush tropical grounds, to a luxurious beach side bar and club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Movenpick Resort And Spa Cebu
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Cebu Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hilton Cebu Hotel
- Hilton Mactan Island
- Hilton Lapu Lapu
- Lapu Lapu Hilton
- Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu Cebu Island