This was my first time in Cebu, but I've always heard wonderful things about the resorts there. Moevenpick lived up to my expectations. The resort was well-decorated, boasted pristine facilities including a well-kept and quiet private beach, and had excellent service. Because I had never been to Cebu, it was very convenient to be so close to the airport and a few attractions. The hotel provided a free shuttle to the major malls (SM and Ayala) and also could arrange outside trips to Bohol or the smaller adjacent islands for a fee.
My only complaint was that although we got a great deal on the room, the food and other additional amenities were incredibly expensive, especially for the Philippines. You should take a cab and eat outside the facility as much as possible as there is equally good food nearby for much cheaper. We did pay for the Executive Lounge package, which included a full breakfast, tea and snacks in the early afternoon, and unlimited well drinks and appetizers in the evening, which ended up being an ok deal because they had a promotion. We made sure to take advantage of all three services everyday we were there, so we ended up eating light lunches and dinners.
The wait staff in the lounge were exceptional, and we really enjoyed their company each meal. My husband mentioned one breakfast that our anniversary fell on the last day of our trip, and they remembered and surprised us with a cake! I actually almost forgot myself, lol. Honestly, Moevenpick probably had the most friendly, professional staff of any resort I have ever been to. Philippine hospitality + Swiss amenities = win win.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun, sand and sea await you at Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu. Home to the hugely popular dining and entertainment venue, Ibiza Beach Club, this 5-star Mediterranean-inspired beachfront hotel is the ultimate hotspot for travelers seeking fun and comfort in a trendy setting. Surrounded by expansive marine life, and a location that is only 6 kilometers from the Mactan International Airport, the hotel is the ideal choice to jumpstart your Cebu journey. Feel the thrill of exciting water sports and adventure, or take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool or Sea. Nights come alive as Ibiza Beach Club commands the rhythm of the Mactan night scene with its showcase of live, world class entertainment accompanied by award-winning cuisine. The hotel is also the perfect choice for all kinds of occasions, from business events to weddings, with venues ranging from intimate spaces, ballrooms or lush tropical grounds, to a luxurious beach side bar and club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Movenpick Resort And Spa Cebu
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Cebu Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Hilton Cebu Hotel
- Hilton Mactan Island
- Hilton Lapu Lapu
- Lapu Lapu Hilton
- Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu Cebu Island