We stayed here on the way back from a diving trip to the south. We had stayed at the nearby Shangri-La on this trip as well, for a similar price. The Movenpick has very friendly and helpful staff and that improved our stay, which was otherwise disappointing and poor value, especially in comparison.
When we arrived, the water for the tub/shower was only lukewarm - too cold to give our daughter a bath. Someone came to look at and provided us with an explanation hat made no sense but said it would be fixed in a few hours. At this price, hot water is a pretty basic requirement, but we were too tired to go elsewhere. We went downstairs for dinner at the outdoor restaurant but ended up getting it to-go back to our room as the music was deafening. Even from the room we could hear the loud music. We had trouble with the light switches and ended up unscrewing bulb to turn some of the lights off. The plugs in these rooms are not well designed. The breakfast buddet was good but over-priced and the pool (while really nice) was too small with too few chairs for a hotel this size. Overall not what I'd expected based on other Movenpick hotels.
For the same or slightly more money, stay at the Shangri-La.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun, sand and sea await you at Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu. Home to the hugely popular dining and entertainment venue, Ibiza Beach Club, this 5-star Mediterranean-inspired beachfront hotel is the ultimate hotspot for travelers seeking fun and comfort in a trendy setting. Surrounded by expansive marine life, and a location that is only 6 kilometers from the Mactan International Airport, the hotel is the ideal choice to jumpstart your Cebu journey. Feel the thrill of exciting water sports and adventure, or take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool or Sea. Nights come alive as Ibiza Beach Club commands the rhythm of the Mactan night scene with its showcase of live, world class entertainment accompanied by award-winning cuisine. The hotel is also the perfect choice for all kinds of occasions, from business events to weddings, with venues ranging from intimate spaces, ballrooms or lush tropical grounds, to a luxurious beach side bar and club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Cebu Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Movenpick Resort And Spa Cebu
- Hilton Cebu Hotel
- Hilton Mactan Island
- Hilton Lapu Lapu
- Lapu Lapu Hilton
- Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu Cebu Island