“Come and experience”

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
“Come and experience”
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I went with my wife to this resort hotel for 5 days. First time we went Philippines and we really enjoyed very much.
Very clean place and very good people providing service. We very much like the beach. Very quiet and no noise around there. Food and drinks are not that expensive compare to Europe so I think it is good value for us.
It's close to airport also so very convenience too.
We like Philippines and we want to come back soon.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Djokovic67
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
I am glad to read that we left you with such positive memories on your first trip to the Philippines. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about this on this website and I do hope that you will be visiting the Philippines, and our hotel again in the future

Knuth Kiefer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chongzhou, China
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I read the reviews here and was expecting to find a good but maybe a little flawed hotel. What I found was an excellent place, run by great people.
Sure, there are more luxurious places you can go to and the design may not be for everyone. But I found it refreshing and they are not trying to be stiff and boring.

The food was good and although the breakfast restaurant really does not seem to fit the design of the rest of the hotel, I did enjoy the breakfast.

The beach club they run is nice and relaxing and I love their signature mojito they serve over there. Unique and flavorful.

If you travel to Cebu, make sure to visit the Whale Sharks as Oslob. Absolutely breathtaking and overwhelming. An experience I won't forget so quickly.

Thanks for a great vacation and memories.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.
It is always nice to read that we managed to exceed the expectations of a guest and my team will be very happy to learn about your comments.
Indeed Cebu offers a very unique opportunity to encounter Whale Sharks, which adds to the attraction of the destination as a whole

We look forward to welcoming you again on a possible future visit

Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was my second trip to the Philippines and I was initially not impressed with my first trip to Boracay as I found it way overbuilt and too expensive for what it was.
This time I chose Cebu and I liked the destination much better. The hotel did its part to convince me as I have to say the service was very friendly and accommodating. They offer good free internet and the place is well kept and managed in my opinion.
I liked the layout of the place and although the beach is not comparable to Boracay, it serves its purpose and unlike in boracay you can actually see marine life in the cristal clear waters.

So this place convinced me to give the Philippines yet another try,- probably I check out Palawan next time?

Thanks again too all the staff at this beautiful hotel

Room Tip: chose a high floor for the best views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
I am happy to read your positive remarks about our hotel as well as Cebu as a destination. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and hopefully will equally enjoy your next trip to the Philippines

Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Got to say kudos on the promotion. Prompted to have my buddy to get me one during their Ayala sale. The new look is eye candy. The pool is not so boring anymore.

Could have been better if the breakfast staffs were properly manned. Thanks to Emy for making sure our 10 minutes wait for our coffee find its way to our table.

Room Tip: Their pillow is bliss
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emet S
Thank you very much for the support you have given to our recent charity mall sale that benefited the re-building efforts after the Super Typhoon Yolanda devastated large areas in the Philippines.
I also appreciate you bringing to our attention the problem you had over breakfast so we can rectify this.

We hope to welcome you back again soon

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Didn't know before that cathay pacific flyes directly to Cebu from Hong Kong.

Mövenpick was recommended by a good friend of mine.

Pre arranged airport pick-up for my family. Airport staff had hotel signage not guest name which I found it nice for me.

Drove 10minutes through the local village here I arrived very modern hotel. First I was greeted by cute looking black Labrador at the gate.

When the car approached to the lobby, you will amazed with fantastic views and fresh breeze.

Staff are very kind and accommodated. We were lucky to get free upgrade to 2bed room suite instead of two deluxe room we originally booked.

These people really know how to make you feel so special. We only stayed for 2 nights but we were so spoiled by them.

We enjoyed a lot especially IBIZA dinner. You better empty your stomach before go there. :-)

We thank all the staff those who taking care of our family. We will be back very soon.

Cheers!

• Stayed December 2013
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
I thank you for choosing Moevenpick on account of a recommendation of your friend. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your experience and plan to return on a future visit.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on this website.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed in your beautiful modern design hotel last weekend. When we arrived at the airport. A staff from Movenpick met us with a smile. She escorted us with our luggage and help us find a car as we don't make an advance car reservation. She's very courteous and accommodating.

Upon arrival at the lobby we were amazed with the ambiance and the unique design of the lobby. Bellboy greeted us with a smile and introduced us to the front desk. Check in was swift, and Mayshielle the Lifestyle concierge gave us a hotel tour. I usually stay in Shangri-La but my officemates in Singapore recommend this hotel.

The staff are friendly, food outlets have little selection but the restaurant near the beach area Ibiza the food and service was fantastic.

Movenpick Cebu is a boutique resort but the service, food and the staff are very well trained just like in Shangri-La. If not because of my loyalty card in Shangri-La, I wouldn't stay there rather stay in Movenpick Cebu as they give me what I expected for a 5star service.

I will definitely come back to stay for 3 nights and 2 nights in Shangri-La.

I

Room Tip: Stay in an ocean view deluxe room, it has panoramic view of the ocean
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1980joseph
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
I am happy to read your review on our hotel based on your recent stay with us.
I will certainly share your comments with the entire team as well as a source of motivation and encouragement.
We look forward to your next visit and if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me directly at any time

Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I bought the relief + rebuild GC at Ayala and booked it a week after. I did not expect too much from that stay, if it was not for the purpose I wouldn't mind staying in this resort.
Checked in was smooth, it was not a busy day for them. Just a thought, are they offering welcome drinks like the other resorts?
Our room was great! We were given a plate of fruits (in lieu of welcome drinks?) Well, Thank you!
Entire day was peaceful, we enjoyed the pool and the night ended with a good sleep. The problem was during the breakfast. We entered and was asked of our room number and done! The restaurant was full and we were not escorted or assisted to a place where we could seat. We settled by ourselves and took breakfast. We observed that only few staff (3 or 4) were present, were they cost cutting during that time? I guess so - but should not be to guest expense. We ordered coffee 4x but none has arrived! Good thing we forgot of our coffee and enjoyed the food instead. BUT SHOULD NOT BE THE CASE!
At beach, they lack of towels, aren't they expecting to have that many guest during that time?
We'll this would be the last I'll stay in this resort. Again, if not for a good cause, I'll not stay in this resort!
My concerns are very simple but mind you - you lost me! FOREVER!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pyong_82
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
I would like to thank you for your support to our recent charitable mall sale in which we have donated 80% of all room revenues to the rebuild fund for victims of the Yolanda super typhoon that recently hit the Philippines.

On another note, I have to apologize for the experiences you ha in our hotel, which do not reflect the general level of service you can rightfully expect from us. We thank you for your comments and we will take this as an opportunity to improve further.
I understand that you are a colleague from a neighboring hotel who has spent a night with us, hence your observations are very valuable to us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#12 of 31 in Lapu Lapu
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 89 in Cebu City

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!