“Awesome place to relax -and- party!”

Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Quezon, Philippines
“Awesome place to relax -and- party!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great ambiance. Bright, airy lobby. Luxurious pool. Nice exclusive beach. Great party atmosphere at Ibiza club! Loved it! Location was perfect for those who want to stay somewhere exclusive enough to escape the city buzz but close enough to be conveniently accessible to the airport.

Loved the cool, Ibiza lounge feel - by the pool, by the beach, and at the Ibiza club.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JPSFManila
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
I am happy to read that you enjoyed the loungy, modern ambience we aim to create for our guests. Our Ibiza Beach Club aims to provide world class entertainment and a unique ambience for people to enjoy a great time.
I do hope we have an opportunity to seeing you back here again soon.

Thanks again for sharing your comments.

Knuth Kiefer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night last December. It was an overall lovely experience.

PROS
- Chic interiors (common areas and rooms)
- Free chocolate every 3PM
- Designer hotel amenities - Chopard
- Breakfast buffet selection is just right. I loved the free healthy vegetable/ fruit shot they give out.
- We tried the churasco in the evening and the food was excellent
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Lots of space for sunbathing (both in the beach, garden and pool)
- We arrived very early from a 6am flight and the hotel was nice enough to let us check in early.

CONS
- Small beach
- The sunbathing area in Ibiza needs to be fixed. Some of the woven parts at the edge of Ibiza were loose and didn't feel secure anymore.
- I wanted to buy sunblock from the stores but most of the lotions were expired already.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on this website. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us.
I am happy that we have overall succeeded in providing you with an enjoyable stay.
Thank you for pointing out to me the expired sun lotion sold in the shop. While the shop is not operated by the hotel, we will certainly bring this to the attention of the operator.

Thanks again

Drumheller, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My daughter, son-in-law, wife and I decided to book a trip to this area on short notice as we neared the end of our Philippine vacation. We found a good air and accommodation package from Manila online and booked about a week prior to our stay during the first week in February, 2014. What a great decision! The service was wonderful! From the moment we checked in Aizel made it her mission to see that we had a great stay, many times seeking us out around the resort to make sure everything was to our liking. We opted for the Executive Lounge package, which turned out to be a good decision with the afternoon tea, Happy Hour, breakfasts, a sunset cruise and many other perks. During the time spent there Nico Jhie and Candace kept us entertained and attended to our every need. I have travelled many places around the world and I found the food here to be first rate. My compliments to the Chef! Some parts of the Hotel were a little tired but I liked the renovations which incorporate the clean contemporary styling and I am sure it will eventually be completed throughout the rest of the facility.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan M
It is a great pleasure reading your review about our hotel based on your recent stay.
I am happy that you have opted for our Executive Lounge package which provides excellent value to our guests and as you have highlighted in your write-up, the positive service attitude of our team adds to this further.
I am glad you had such a positive experience and I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Reviewed 27 February 2014

With Arabic Husband travelling to Cebu has a lot of expectations, airport pick up was arrange from the hotel which is convenient for us, Driver is very kind & attentive to guest, check in is a little bit cold but very good, at first rooms are not sea view as requested then they moved us to higher & other side to get better view & Yeey,, everything just perfect.. breakfast, the view, the service, the tours can even be arrange at the hotel, The Spa is a must to try, the Ibiza Club is amazing, the lobby itself is really a grand, i can say that when your inside the resort you are already in total different place,,a moment you enter the vicinity of the resort, all i can is that our short vacation is perfect,, i suggest to you try the Mango Salad with Shrimps, the Organic Chicken Adobo they are the amazing,,(Restaurant Staff are very helpful, i mean all of them) love to the place..

Room Tip: Deluxe room Sea view with balcony is amazing for a couple
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I am happy that you and your husband had a pleasant anniversary celebration at our hotel.
I appreciate your positive comments and we are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and provide you with a memorable visit.

It is always nice to get feedback from guests from various parts of the world as our aim is to provide each and every guest with a great stay.

Thanks again

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

To sum up first:

✅ nice ambiance
✅ good food
✅ excellent service
✅ with game room/spa/steamroom
✅ an hour from mactan int'l airport
✅ free ice cream ❤️
✅ value for money

Daytour package: P2,000/person inclusive of semi-buffet lunch plus free use of game room/pool/beach. (9-6pm)

We visited a week ago and I would say that we enjoyed our stay at the resort. We we're a bit giddy already on our way there. And it took us about an hour or maybe less if you'll be coming from the airport. We love the ambiance which is hip and relaxing at the same time. We were entertained well by the receptionist in-charged even though we only availed of their day tour package. We were served with a mango juice while waiting. Then we were directed to the locker room where we kept our things. We love the ambiance and it definitely is picture-worthy! The semi-buffet food is delicious also. There weren't too many food to choose from however, we still enjoyed the food that was served. They even have employees who are multi-lingual who assists those guests who cannot speak in English. They also provide you towels to dry you up after swimming. They also offer other water activities such as banana boat and the like. The shoreline wasn't that long than we expected but it didn't matter much since we were having a good time anyway. They also have a gaming room for kiddos and those kiddos at heart. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and We recommend it to those who just want to relax or to those who want to deviate themselves from the busy life in Manila. Kuddos to everyone who never removed their smiles while serving their guests.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your day trip to our resort. thank you for sharing your experience here on tripadviser and for giving us such a high rating. I do hope you will visit us again in the very near future

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Friends from Cebu recommended this hotel for relaxation and pampering. They were right.

I had plans of going into the city for shopping, but I was so happy at the hotel, I never left the property.

I was given early check in and my room was wonderful. Spacious, simply decorated, with an ocean view and a little balcony. I ordered a tasty room service lunch and ate on my balcony, enjoying the view of the beach, the garden and the boats moving out to the ocean.

Food was very good, although little on the high end. Have at least one scoop of the Moevenpick ice cream. You probably won't stop with one.

A lovely weekend that I will soon repeat.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I appreciate you sharing this on this website for other travelers to read. I am also happy that you pointed out our world renowned ice cream which we are known for.
I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon

Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We've traveled from manila just to enjoy te city of cebu.. we extended our trip just to try the other side of cebu aside from the city..we choose this resort over plantation bay because of nice interiors but much to our disappointment we've been transfered two times in just a span of hours. after checking in, in just mins.. we've seen baby and big cockroaches in our room heading to the mini bar area and ref. we've complain over the phone but service was slow and our telephone was busted we really can't understand the operator that much so we've decided to go down to the reception.. then they asked us to wait at the lobby to fix things..we've waited for an hour but no one approach us again on what to do or what will happen next.. so we complain again.. after transferring to another room, the shower area was not clean at all but we didn't mind it because we want to rest already.

after eating dinner, much to our second disappointment the floor room was so wet and my luggage bag was wet also.. the aircon was busted and dripping water from wall to floor.. yes, we were transferred again to our 3rd room.

so our whole movenpick stay was just all about complaining, waiting and waiting on what will they do and transferring rooms.

we didn't enjoy that much, our money for the airplane ride is just wasted. we're expecting a much more nicer experience compared to city since it's much more expensive.. too tired and no energy to enjoy the facilities for tom.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank mkau
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
I appreciate you bringing the various problems you encountered during your stay to my attention. Clearly, we did not provide you with the level of service you rightfully expect from us and I apologize for letting you down on this occasion.
I would appreciate if you would contact me directly at my email: knuth.kiefer@moevenpick.com in order to further discuss your unfortunate experience at our hotel.

general Manager
#13 of 30 in Lapu Lapu
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!