“Disappointed”

Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Brisbane, Australia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I booked in de luxe room a month before my birthday with my 2 best friend. I paid extra for one person to make sure everything will be smooth. Upon arrival,we like to rest but no extra bed. We have to call reception,twice in a span of one hour to follow up,then we have to call again for extra amenities 3 times ,because,they bring 1 item at a time and to top it all,our bathroom was clog and flooded.
I was planning to book them for my wedding renewal function but sad to say,I went and signed with the competitor instead.
Although, the event coordinator was extremely nice,she,did not show up on the 2 days that I stayed. She said she was busy and tried to contact me last minute. My conclusion ,I was not important enough to be part of her busy schedule.
In fairness to the staff,they are so friendly and smiling,which is a delight to every customer.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Josiebeth C
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Needless to say I am very concerned about the problems you had pointed out. Clearly we have not lived up to the level of service and detail you rightfully can expect from us.
However, I would appreciate if you could personally contact me as I would like to double check on a few more details with you, particularly about the handling of your event inquiry.

Knuth Kiefer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 13 March 2014

If you are looking for a place in Cebu away from the city, Movenpick resort is the place to go. Very private and peaceful. It is the best place to unwind. Kind and helpful staff, they made us feel really special and welcome. And the breakfast, it was very satisfying! We stayed here in October last year for business and pleasure and looking forward to visiting the place again, this time purely vacation!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel on this website.
I am happy to read that you had a positive stay and that you are planning to return. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This resort has managerial issues. This is such a shame as there are some really productive / friendly staff who prevented this review from becoming a disaster.

When hell broke out on the morning we decided to have breakfast with our "Executive Package", the manager could not provide an apology and decided to keep us quiet with free mocktails. Instead of apologizing for the unfortunate situation, he gave the excuse that he had talked to other F&B managers and discussed how they all had the same problem with over crowding breakfast due to not expecting people to wake up so late for breakfast? Uh... Is 930AM not a reasonable time to eat Breakfast? We weren't even supposed to have breakfast in the lobby in the first place as we purchased an "Executive Package" which includes breakfast and tea.

Only when we finally arrived to have our tea that was included with our "Executive Package" did we receive a letter that explained the whole package benefits - 1. Eating Breakfast in the executive lounge (instead of the chaos in the main lobby) 2. Free Laundry for the day 3. Free tours. Why was this not informed/ letter given to the customer as soon as we had purchased the package? Is this not common sense? All that was informed was that there was breakfast and tea with free flowing drinks.

It really is a shame to see this happen under a well known brand of Swiss Hospitality.
We did not feel like we got our value for money, unfortunately.

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms were pleasant.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Resortcruz
I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not in line with your expectation and I apologize for not leaving you with a positive impression of our hotel.

Having looked at the problems you have pointed out, clearly we could have handled things better and I apologize that this was not the case. I believe a number of miscommunication issues added to the said problems.

We will take this as a lesson to improve further and despite the less than satisfactory stay you had with us recently, I do hope you will give us another try on a future stay.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I was quite satisfied. Staff are very nice to customers.
Pool is windy and cold.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Junsik B
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank ye you have given us. We are happy to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Moevenpick started my journey into patronizing local hotels & resorts. It triggered my passion for travelling. The cost of their accommodation was not as pricy as the other hotel resorts in Mactan but they superseded all aspects of hotel expectation. The room smelled good & looked beautiful. Wai til you see their toiletries, ahhh they're just so lovely. Their interiors (lobby/pool/facade) were santorini inspired (looked neat, classy & carefully thought of). The swimming pool was very clean and just right. The hotel is as lovely as the beach. Club Ibiza was gorgeous not only during the day but most especially during the night. We had buffet breakfast at the Sails restaurant & the food was simply awesome. Most of all, what I always recall about Moevenpick is the concierge. It topped it all. The experience was more than what we paid for. I will keep coming back.

Room Tip: Pick a room that has either the view of the pool or the beach. Ours had the latter. either way, the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ram_Bee_Bee
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Reviews such as yours are a confirmation for our entire team that our efforts in providing our guests with a great experience are successful.
I appreciate your compliments which I will certainly share with all of my colleagues.

We do hope that we will see you back here again very soon.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had a pleasurable experience last weekend during our sales convention. Will definitely come back and bring my family. Food was awesome! super great!!! Enjoyed my cozy stay at the Ibiza bar last Wed with free 2 cocktail drinks since it was ladies night. Buffet at ibiza was also great! Had wine all you can with buffet. Stayed for 2 nights and buffet selection esp the salad bar during lunch and breakfast was perfect! I loved eggs benedict available at buffet, awesome! =) I love it!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tes M
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review above. It is with pleasure to read that you had such a positive experience with us and that you are planning to return soon with your family.
We are also thankful for your nice comments about our food.

Thanks again

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels throughout my years. This, I would have to say, is one of the better hotels simply because of the service level and attention that was provided. The staff took such great care of my wife and me while we stayed there that there is no other hotel for me when I return to Cebu.

It all started with the personalized care that was provided upon check in. The staff took us around the hotel and advised us of hours and available features before allowing the bellhop to take over and escort us to our room. This is not that amazing, I know. But, my wife had forgotten a fairly important item , contact solution, and we mentioned it to the staff. Before we were done with the bellhop, the frost desk staff had arrived in our room with a loaner bottle and a guarantee of a permanent replacement to follow the next morning.

They did come through and had exactly what my wife required and would not take any payment for it. This was way above what any hotel staff should have done. They simply took extremely good care of us. They knew our names after only one meeting and addressed us accordingly. It was simply an amazing stay and should anyone be considering a trip to Cebu, they absolutely should place this hotel at the top of the list for consideration. I know that this is my new home on Mactan Island.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brent S
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Not only am I happy to read that you have had an enjoyable stay with us, it also makes me proud about my team reading about their initiative to assist your wife with the needed contact lenses liquid. I believe it is the people that set one hotel apart from another and I am glad that my team has displayed excellent customer service in this case.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience on this website and we do hope to welcome you back again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,106 reviews

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!