“would love to return” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Adelaide, Australia
“would love to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is one place that deserves a "5" rating in my opinion.
It was a pleasure from arrival to departure and my girlfriends and I had such a blast!
The design is modern and chic and the staff very friendly and professional.
We arrived early in the morning and without even asking for it they offered us an early check-in as the room was ready. Few hotels do that, which I always find strange.
The breakfast was of good overall quality. Internet was free and quite reliable and the weather was great. Ok, that last point may not be in the hand of the hotl, but it certainly helped to make our visit a great experience.
We would love to come back if our schedules permit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on this website. I appreciate the high marks you have given us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please contact us ones you wish to return so we can assist in handling your booking.

Knuth Kiefer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We just completed a very enjoyable stay at this hotel early March and felt we should drop a few positive remarks.
We would like to thank the staff at the hotel for making our short , 3 day break a very relaxing experience. The Spa service was quite expensive, but very professionally done.
Food was good and the front office did a great job providing us with information about the area.
All in all a very nice experience and despite the fact that we had a delay on our flight coming in and out of the Philippines, we keep it in positive memory

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The entire team here at the hotel appreciated your positive comments and high rating of our hotel based on your recent stay with us.
I thank you for sharing this with other travelers on this website who may find this information useful for an upcoming trip to Cebu.

Again, thank you very much

quezon city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I booked hotel for an overnight stay and was pleasantly surprised. We were upgraded to a bigger room ( albeit a smoking floor) and really enjoyed our ocean view.

Location: Tucked at the very end of the island but accessible via commute, I think. 30 mins away from the city.
Room: Very spacious, looks well maintained, sheets are clean and comfy
Bathroom: Had a tub ( although didn't get to use it), spacious, and clean
Staff: pleasant and accommodating
Buffet Breakfast: was not included in our agoda booking so we had to pay for it. We arrived early so we had breakfast on both days and it was the same stuff. My big disappointment? No Danggit.That was weird. On the other hand, putong bisaya con chocolate was available. Yum!
Pools: There were 2 and both big enough but we didn't bother with them because they had a small white sand beach front. I think, the white sand was imported. Water was crystal clear and on a sunny day, it was perfect.

Ibiza- had a very limited ala carte menu, IMO. They had the 7 or was it 8 step grilled meat kind of buffet but didn't really appeal to us. It was a happening place, though. Wine was great and the performances were very entertaining.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are great for the, well, view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad that you had an overall positive experience based on your rating but you did point out a few areas I will certainly look into to see where improvements are possible.
In regards to your comment about the limited offer at the Ibiza Beach Club, I was however quite surprised as we have a large Tapas menu as well as various BBQ and snack items on our a la carte menu in addition to our Balearic Churrasco, which actually features 14 different cut of meats and seafood.
I do hope you will return on another occasion and if I can be of any assistance with a future booking, please feel free to contact me directly at any time

Best regards,

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I booked in de luxe room a month before my birthday with my 2 best friend. I paid extra for one person to make sure everything will be smooth. Upon arrival,we like to rest but no extra bed. We have to call reception,twice in a span of one hour to follow up,then we have to call again for extra amenities 3 times ,because,they bring 1 item at a time and to top it all,our bathroom was clog and flooded.
I was planning to book them for my wedding renewal function but sad to say,I went and signed with the competitor instead.
Although, the event coordinator was extremely nice,she,did not show up on the 2 days that I stayed. She said she was busy and tried to contact me last minute. My conclusion ,I was not important enough to be part of her busy schedule.
In fairness to the staff,they are so friendly and smiling,which is a delight to every customer.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Josiebeth C
Needless to say I am very concerned about the problems you had pointed out. Clearly we have not lived up to the level of service and detail you rightfully can expect from us.
However, I would appreciate if you could personally contact me as I would like to double check on a few more details with you, particularly about the handling of your event inquiry.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

If you are looking for a place in Cebu away from the city, Movenpick resort is the place to go. Very private and peaceful. It is the best place to unwind. Kind and helpful staff, they made us feel really special and welcome. And the breakfast, it was very satisfying! We stayed here in October last year for business and pleasure and looking forward to visiting the place again, this time purely vacation!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel on this website.
I am happy to read that you had a positive stay and that you are planning to return. We look forward to welcoming you back.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This resort has managerial issues. This is such a shame as there are some really productive / friendly staff who prevented this review from becoming a disaster.

When hell broke out on the morning we decided to have breakfast with our "Executive Package", the manager could not provide an apology and decided to keep us quiet with free mocktails. Instead of apologizing for the unfortunate situation, he gave the excuse that he had talked to other F&B managers and discussed how they all had the same problem with over crowding breakfast due to not expecting people to wake up so late for breakfast? Uh... Is 930AM not a reasonable time to eat Breakfast? We weren't even supposed to have breakfast in the lobby in the first place as we purchased an "Executive Package" which includes breakfast and tea.

Only when we finally arrived to have our tea that was included with our "Executive Package" did we receive a letter that explained the whole package benefits - 1. Eating Breakfast in the executive lounge (instead of the chaos in the main lobby) 2. Free Laundry for the day 3. Free tours. Why was this not informed/ letter given to the customer as soon as we had purchased the package? Is this not common sense? All that was informed was that there was breakfast and tea with free flowing drinks.

It really is a shame to see this happen under a well known brand of Swiss Hospitality.
We did not feel like we got our value for money, unfortunately.

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms were pleasant.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Resortcruz
I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not in line with your expectation and I apologize for not leaving you with a positive impression of our hotel.

Having looked at the problems you have pointed out, clearly we could have handled things better and I apologize that this was not the case. I believe a number of miscommunication issues added to the said problems.

We will take this as a lesson to improve further and despite the less than satisfactory stay you had with us recently, I do hope you will give us another try on a future stay.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I was quite satisfied. Staff are very nice to customers.
Pool is windy and cold.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Junsik B
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank ye you have given us. We are happy to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,990 reviews

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!