“"Romantic bliss- perfect get away"”

Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 11 April 2014

It was a perfect stay for us having spent our precious romantic moments away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It was our 20th anniversary experience that is worth keeping!!! A memory that can last a lifetime! They have friendly and accomodating staff, superb service- what can I ask for?
The food is super delicious, of best quality ingredients yet not expensive if you will compare with some other five star hotels. We didn't notice the time passing because of the place has so many things you can do there. It's clean, neat, well maintained with spacious lobby and the view is magnificent, combining the great swimming pool design and the natural white sand of the beach, PERFECT!

You guys, have to try it yourself! perfect for couple like us and family outing, and even company activities. I strongly recommend Moevenpick Hotel, simply the best!!!

Room Tip: choose the beach front for the great view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Almira C
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your opinion on this website.
we are very happy to read that you had such a memorable stay. Congratulations on your anniversary by the way. I thank you for choosing our hotel for this very special occasion. We are glad we could contribute to make this a memorable experience for you.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future

general Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Its staff are the gems of this place. The Resort and Spa are heavenly, including its divinely white shoreline. The chefs and the food they serve are personalized and flavorful. The staff are always eager and ready to please us guests without being intrusive. Its a lovely place to relax with family and close friends.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank JRN1965
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

I am very happy to learn that you had such a positive experience in our hotel and for pointing out our employees especially as they truly make the difference.
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay and I hope you will be visiting us again soon

general Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

It is not all that it seems. Yes it is modern looking as it's been recently refurbished. it is clean. The lobby may look impressive. But it totally lacks character which I think it tries to achieve by overdoing the aesthetics. For the price one pays to stay here, sorry but I'm not impressed. Besides it's too remote to go anywhere.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank dartagnanaguilar

While I was very surprised about your headline and the comment you made on the lack of character of our hotel, it maybe a reflection of your personal taste and expectation, which is different from one person to the next of course and I am sorry that we did not meet this criteria for you.
I do hope other aspects of your stay were more positive though.

I thank you for your comments

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for four days and three nights. Yes, it is expensive, but after staying there for four days it is no longer expensive but affordable. Their price is very reasonable becausr they will not only give you the beauty of sea but a five-star accommodation as well. They're staff are all kind and accommodating. The place is very beutiful, looking for relaxation this is the place for you. We never want to leave the hotel and tour the other part of Cebu. Staying at the hotel is enough to enjoy CEBU.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Lady_Nathalia
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

I would like to thank you for your high rating and the positive remarks. I am glad to read that you felt that our hotel offers you true value for the price you pay. I think this is the real measure for any guest. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Lobby is quite impressive with a starkly white theme dotted w green & blue accent colors to complement the white sails on the ceiling (don't miss the lobby toilets for a bit of a surprise). As you gaze beyond the lobby, you see an expansive view of the sea. The pool design is also quite nicely done. Rooms are fair in size, quite clean, toilet is fair in size but the toilet seat is a bit cramped, being squeezed between the tub and the wall. First day (only) toiletries are by Chopard but these are not replenished on 2nd & 3rd days. Food is a bit expensive tho and coffee was not good at all. Staff members are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChaoSev

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and observations on this platform.
While your rating indicates that your stay was not as flawless as we would like you to experience our hotel, I appreciate the various positive aspects you have pointed out. I will also look at your comments on the coffee to see if we can improve this further

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located at Punta Engaño, the Moevenpick has facilities up to the expected standard, especially the lobby and pool side.
We were upgraded to room suite and got an early check-in. The room's decor was trendy snd sophisticated. Ammenities were Choppard. There's a kettle and complementary water.
The breakfast was excellent, with variety (including many Korean popular dishes!) and high quality products.
Staff is friendly and always with a smile and ready to help.
We also went to the sps Delmar for a Vitality treatment. They have experienced and courteous staff. Overall it was a premium experience, only affected by the noisy music from the outside (beach club). They should take that into account when booking treatments in the evening.
We also recommend the water sports centre, for the people and the services on offer.
This resort is a cheaper option than the Shangri-la but still offering the 5 star experience.
Overall this is an amazing hotel / resort. We will be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very happy that you had a memorable and overall positive experience at our hotel. I appreciate your review as well as the high rating you have give us.
We will look into the comment you made in regards to the music that is audible in Spa and see how we can possibly address this.

Again, thank you very much for your positive write-up. We do hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My review is based on my booking.
I booked two rooms for arrival in mid April and I should mention we as a Family are still looking forward to this break as we need the total wind down.
Excuse the rating, what else can I say other than expecting.
I booked with Asia rooms.com on the basis I pay direct to the Hotel deal.
I found out a couple of days later my credit card had been charged the whole amount in March.
After sending mails to the Hotel I was told this is correct as it was a special deal.
I dispute all the above as I paid top price and have a letter from Asia rooms saying I pay later.
If I wanted to cancel this booking I would lose all my money I am informed.
Hey, wait a min, this was not the deal I took.
Something has gone wrong and I feel angry about it as a consumer and held to ransom.
If the Manager reads this review I will be more than happy to produce the booking confirmation from one of the Hotels agents stating what I have said above.
Taking my money, over and close to 70,000 Peso and tell me it is a special deal is not on.
This is for 4 nights, 2 rooms.
Those that do not know currency conversions can assume well over one thousand pounds.
I did not get a special deal.
BE AWARE WHEN YOU USE A CREDIT CARD.
It is also easy to blame an agent, at the end of the day I am paying to stay at this Hotel.
If they use agents, like Asia rooms, booking.com and others it does not matter as I am a consumer who has decided to stay at the Hotel.

To the Manager,

See you soon and hope you can explain my concerns as well as verify what a special rate I got as against what I have searched online that indicates I payed top price as I always do when I travel.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Be aware of paying in advance as against a promise of paying the hotel direct.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shawly
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention so we can immediately look into this and see where the error or miscommunication may be. The booking conditions are generally always clearly stated on the websites of our business partners and we certainly honor those.
I would appreciate if you could kindly email me the details of your booking do I can personally check on this ( Knuth.kiefer@moevenpick.com).

I appreciate you bringing this so we can resolve this prior your arrival. I am looking forward to welcoming you soon and hope you will have an enjoyable stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 91 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#12 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!