“Wonderfull trip”

Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
“Wonderfull trip”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Thanks for the Resort and Their TMs to made us our special family trip. We will definitely see you soon. We loved their beach club, great music and great staff.
As for me, I would like to see on my next visit cider on draft and vinho verde( non as green wine from portugal) so i can lay on your fantastic chair for whole day.

To unknown person: please visit Movenpick resort to make your wonderful trip as well.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dipendra N
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I appreciate your positive rating and the nice comments about your recent stay with us.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed the Ibiza Beach club, our unique entertainment outlet, designed to give guests the ultimate in dining, fun and entertainment.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Knuth Kiefer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just stayed in the Moevenpick Mactan-Cebu. Booked a Premier oceanfront room. Arrived, fridge was broken and even though it was a non-smoking room - you could smell the smoke every day. There was even ash on the balcony! Staff were very friendly and did sort the problems out - at least the fridge! Overall service was good, if a little slow..maybe the Filippino way - but the staff smiled a lot so made up for the little niggles. Order room service a few times - need to be clear over the phone as sometimes english is not translated properly and you get what they think I said! e.g. ham and cheese sandwich vs Lamb Shank :) However, I AM going back again as the overall vista is fantastic, with the Ibiza bar/rest it just adds to the overall experience. So good place to stay!

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe ocean view high floor - you will get a great view of the ocean!
1 Thank Peterhcook
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I thank you for your constructive comments and review and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you unfortunately encountered during your stay.
However, I am very happy that you have indicated that you will be returning to us on a future stay, which also gives us an opportunity to ensure those issues you encountered last time, will be addressed.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your visits to Cebu!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights and would highly recommend this resort.

Travel agent booked us an ocean view and the initial room we were given was not my understanding of an ocean view. After a quick phone call to reception, this was swiftly fixed with no hassle and we were moved into our ocean view... Perfection :)

The people who work at this resort put their guest as their 1st priority and every query or request was handled without fuss. Every staff member from the bell boys, reception, concierge, waiters to the resorts manager all greater us with a smile and were of great assistance. The staff definitely make this resort exceptional.

I will note to other travelers, treat people how want to be treated and there will be no issues. I did notice on 2 occasion fellow guest speaking quite rude to the staff and demanding "free" drinks, food and upgrades. The staff handled each situation professionally and felt embarrassed for the fellow guest.

Buffet breakfast one of the best spreads I have had... So much choice and so much food... Yum.

Make sure you try the Brazilian style buffet at Ibiza... Plenty of food and soooo tasty... Would go back to cebu just for this buffet.

As for the Ibiza bar... What a great idea.... Every night we found ourselves wondering down to the lounge and just relaxing with good music, good tapas and good drinks... The staff here made u feel at home... Great idea...!!!

One small note - we did order the chocolate soufflé... Very tasty but no chocolate...apart from this our stay was definitely memorable and would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

Keep up the good work Movenpick-cebu and make sure you all treat the staff with respect as they do an amazing job and should be recognized and appreciated.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MoeMarc
It is always a pleasure reading such positive comments and reviews and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor.com.
We are thrilled that we have contributed positively to your trip to Cebu and I shall certainly share your comments with the entire team.

Our people here are the greatest asset of our hotel and I am proud that our employees have again showcased the best Filipino hospitality has to offer.

My apology with the apparent problem that occurred with your soufflé at our Ibiza Beach club. I have already discussed this matter with our Executive Chef to ensure such issues do not re-occur. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Fallon, Nevada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The initial check in was disappointing as I stated in my first review of this place. However, the resort personnel were nice and accommodating, the food is fabulous and the buffet was very reasonable. I paid $20 USD for each person for the lunch, which to me is cheap considering I am use to paying $50 USD per person. The water is nice and warm and the staff are constantly cleaning the swimming area (this is the beach not the pool I did not use the pool.) The bar was nice atmosphere to finish out the day and once again the staff was very friendly and went beyond what is expected to make you feel comfortable. All in all I would give this place 2 stars on the rooms, they were small and musty. 4 stars on the food and 5 stars for the staff. It would be better if they would not force you to use their transportation to get to the airport also.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you very much for writing a review about our hotel based on your experience. While your rating indicates that some of the facilities were not entirely to your satisfaction, I am happy that you indicated that the friendliness of our staff deserves 5 stars, which I believe is a great compliment to our team and I appreciate you pointing this out.

We do hope to welcome you back again on a future visit to Cebu

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views on this website

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We tried different resorts on our most recent vacation to the Philippines. Let me emphasize that it was worth every penny spent for such top rated resort with the Filipino excellent service. We stayed in their suite room, one floor below the penthouse. The view was phenomenal. The in-room breakfast was just what we wanted. Chefs made complimentary energy booster drinks, which we appreciate. The Ibiza Bar, fronting the ocean with hanging hammocks was my favorite. It has suited to our taste of open bar. It has jacuzzi in the middle, which I literally patronize everyday. Modern and classy. The best part to it, happy hour which makes all drinks 50%. I don't think I can enjoy such anywhere else. People were friendly and anticipates our needs most of the time. Food in the restaurant were decent as well. We took a lot of beautiful pictures, since we love photography. Promoted them in facebook and it's all good compliments from my friends. Will not hesitate to spend another vacation here in the future.

From A and P

Room Tip: Get the suites, higher floors, ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arjho G
We are always happy to receive such positive comments and compliments about our facilities and services. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and left with a overall positive impression.
We hope we can welcome you back again on a future trip to Cebu.

ones again, thank you for the high rating and your review

Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am very pleased with my stay in your hotel last June 14-15 the reason I am sending you this E-mail.

I would like to personal commend all of your staff for being very courteous and very hospitable.

Every staff that we meet, greets us good morning/afternoon/evening and I even received a call asking me if there is anything else they could do
that could make my stay even better. That made my day!

They've help me a lot in organizing my private dinner and I feel sorry for myself that I didn't take note of their names.

There's this lady who kept on calling me to arrange the private dinner, the flowers and everything.

During the dinner, the supervisor even served as our butler and made sure that everything goes well.

I loved what they've done with the dessert. Everything was perfect!!!

I hope you can forward this to them and let them know that I am extremely satisfied with your services.

My deepest gratitude and I hope you keep on hiring good people and won't get tired of doing what you are currently doing.

I love Moevenpick! I would certainly recommend you to my friends.

1 Thank Cyril D
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you very much for your email as well as for sharing your review on this website.
My team and myself are very happy that you had such a great experience in our hotel and that your private dinner that was arranged has left you with such great memories. Rest assured that we will share your comments with the staff here at the hotel, which is a great source of encouragement and motivation for them.

We do hope to welcome you back here again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed for 3nights on a 2BR suites on the 5th and 15th floor. We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The staff are all friendly. And I'm happy that they granted my request to surprise my hubby and my bro with a birthday cupcakes (cakes are chargable) upon arrival though it was initially a bit messed up coz the staff at the concierge was clueless about it. But still appreciated. Rooms are spacious but doors on the bathrooms are "see thru" and got no bidet lol. During our stay, d suite aircon was not cold. Free shuttle service to city are very limited timings. White
jeepney limousine are on
display.Ibiza dinner buffet would be nice but a bit pricey for me to treat my whole family of 15. The
beach is a picture perfect but not to swim at.Overall, nice hotel for couples and small families to unwind and be lazy.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank NadyaEmerson
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
thank you very much for your review and for selecting our hotel for your recent stay here in Cebu.
I am glad to read that you had an overall good impression of our hotel and especially our staff.
I have taken note of some of the comments you made and we will see how we can address those concerns to further improve.
We do hope that you will be staying with us again on a future visit to Cebu.

Thanks again

Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,098 reviews

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!