“PERFECT VACATION PLACE!”

Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had a great time at Moevenpick. The staffs were friendly and attentive. Rooms were just perfect. Foods at the coffee shop and Ibiza were also delightful. Will surely visit the place again on our next trip to Cebu.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thanks a lot for the high rating and the positive comments. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and we do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Best regards

Knuth

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Moevenpick Hotel has never failed my expectations as what I have seen on its webpage and other materials that featured this hotel, and even more it delighted me when my family stayed there in July 2014. When we got into its lobby, it's really impressive. The color combination of the furnishings and the surrounding provokes a light mood, and it's so neat and dainty. The staff over the reception area were so nice and accommodating, offering us at once with cold juice and beautiful shell necklaces. As we got up to our rooms, it exudes the same aura as the lobby. The pastel color combination and minimalist features are pleasing to the senses, and so much more the scenic view of the tip of Mactan island. When we went down to explore the entire vicinity, the swimming was crowded that time, but later in the afternoon and towards the night, the pool metaphors into a magical pond of inviting indigo, violet and blue with luminous lap chairs. The beach area is so generous of various seats scattered all over and the water is so clean and clear. Towards the marina where Ibiza beach club is located, Moevenpick got its edge among other resorts in Mactan. It is one of a kind. And when the night falls, it exudes a party atmosphere where you can drink, dine and chillax under the night sky. The food both in Sails Restaurant and Ibiza are very good. Though I found the dinner buffet in Ibiza quite expensive at P2,000.00 per head, the array of food is delectable and varied. One thing I just suggest is to make the elevators compliment the same aura as the lobby and room. Just a little make over.

Room Tip: Suggest a room on the side of the tower with a view of the sea, preferably on higher floors. The ot...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay and I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time with us. I shall certainly share your comments with our team here at the hotel, which is a great source of motivation and encouragement.
I have taken note on your comment on the elevators and while it maybe a bit had to address this, we will see if there are some changes that could be done.

Thanks again

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We definitly enjoyed our stay at the Movenpick! We were warmly welcomed by the staff and was given a beautiful room with a few. We enjoyed the beach though it was just small. Equipment rental was cheap. Although we wished that the happy hour was more than just an hour, maybe they could extend it to 3 hours! It would be more fun! We would definitly visit again and recommend this place to out friends!

Stayed: June 2014
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I am happy to read you positive comments as well as your high rating. We always aim to provide our guests a memorable experience and I am glad that we succeeded in this endeavor.
I have taken note of your request of extending the happy hour, but I guess that would defeat the purpose of a happy "hour" :-)
Wee do hope to see you back here at the hotel again on a future trip.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience on this platform.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

the key feature of this resort is the Ibiza. yeah sure it's a catch and it's where they brought in the party experience, with class. i like the pool area, thought it may be crowded with kids around at day, but perfect at night. i'm also impressed how entire structure maximized the space with a lots of things going on. keeps your eyes busy and gives space to lounge and sunbathe. the beach though is small and has lots of pebbles as you swim. still you can enjoy the your spot at the shore where you can enjoy a dip with frequent waves.
love the bacon-onion thin crust pizza and buffalos.
the room has a boutique hotel interior--minimalist beds, colorful tones, i just regret the the room on the 3/F allocated to us doesn't have a bidet. no bathroom rag, but toiletries are provided for.

i recommend to friends and families with kids.

Room Tip: choose the higher floors for a better view at night of the Ibiza
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. While I appreciate your positive comments overall, the rating of 3 out of 5 however did not reflect the positive impression you indicated in your write up. This being the case, I invite you to contact me personally to share your thoughts on some of the improvements you may want to suggest in order to further enhance our products and services? you may reach me at: Knuth.kiefer@moevenpick.com

I am looking forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from 6~8, June, 2014 with my sister.

The public places(lobby, pool, beach, Ibiza club) are nice.

The room? Horrible.
I didn't expect a superb room as I booked it through the promotion offered by Hotels.com but my room was literally rubbish.

Broken shower door. No foot and face towels. Chicken screaming whenever there is sunlight. Too cold floor. Too old room facilities. Expensive food. So-so staffs.

I can here door closing sound up and down and side rooms! The furniture is motel-level!!!

You cannot turn off the room lights at once as there is no remote controller system! I should stand up and find every button before sleeping!

Well, the native staffs who brought us a room-service and helped my sister's surnburnt were nice but that is the only good memory I had in Movenpick, Cebu.

And though it was fixed, they charged me an automated advance fee and didn't cancel till I found it and sent an e-mail to remind them of recheck. It was fixed fast but not pleasant experience.

I will never go back and never recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank JIN B
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I am sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, particularly in regards to your room. I thank you for bringing this to our attention so I can look at some maintenance concerns you have highlighted.

Again, I am sorry that your recent stay was not what you expected, but I hope you may give us another try on a future visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our family of four stayed for 3 nights in July taking the one-bedroom suite (with a partial view of the sea). Movenpick was our second choice as our first choice was completely booked. I had initial reservations due to some poor online comments but generally unfounded.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful from the time we landed all the way through checkout and dropping us back to the airport. The hotel tries very hard to cater to families and children with daily activities and chocolate hour - the kids' painted seashells remain on the family cabinet. My kids were extremely messy when dining at breakfast but the staff made no fuss at all.

Dinner at Ibiza remains a key highlight...worth another trip to fill up on mouth-watering ribeye, sirloin, lambchops, grilled squid etc. And the evening atmosphere and shows were a delight as the kids boogeyed to 70's night. That said, the overall setup of the hotel seems to cater for singles and couples. In fact, the partying went on to early morning on our last night there.

Hopefully, the hotel would be able to add more attractions like its neighbor to enable more activities for kids.

Overall, a solid vacation with the family...and I wished I discovered this place before the kids arrived!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jon C
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am grateful for your positive comments and would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Cebu. We understand that customers have various choices when selecting a hotel and I am happy that you entrusted us with your holidays.
I am glad you and your family had an enjoyable experience with us. We do look to further enhance our offers for children here at the hotel by adding even more activities for them.

Again, thank you for your time to share your experience on this platform and we do hope to see you and you family back here on a future trip to Cebu.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I am part of an events company organizing a worldwide conference in Cebu. This hotel is one of the hotels we are picking to house our delegates from all over the world. They have contemporary interiors and when we conducted room visits, most rooms looked very clean, trendy and functional. The bathrooms were very nice as well. They had Givenchy amenities and unlike European hotels these amenities are free (well I guess its safe to say its included when you pay per night).
You get the feel and vibe of those Miami hotels when you enter. Very hip and upscale but reasonably priced. Its more of a resort hotel than a business hotel though.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the ocean, youll get amazing sunsets and a view of their pool too
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

We very much appreciate the high rating and positive comments about our hotel and we look forward to hosting your delegates in our hotel. We thank you for your trust in our facilities and services and look forward to work with you on your event.
If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us at any time.

Thanks again

#1 of 92 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#16 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!