“Great Filipino Get Away”

Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Cochrane, Canada
“Great Filipino Get Away”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We visit the Philippines twice a year and quite often stay at this hotel with our family, traveling from Bacolod City. The great advantage of this property is the less hectic environment as it is a smaller resort and beach. Facilities are great - spa, 4 restaurants, gym, nice rooms/suites, handy to the airport and have terrific staff. We have stayed here many times as well as when it previously was a Hilton Hotel

Room Tip: try to get a beach front room overlooking the sea
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsay N
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Receiving a review from a returning guest is always an extra compliment for us as it shows us that we succeeded in providing the service levels expected from us in a consistent manner.
Thank you very much for your loyalty and the high marks you have given us in your review.
We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Cebu.

Thanks again!

Knuth Kiefer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went there last August 10-11 with my friends and we had an amazing time! For me - it was money well-spent for some R&R.

The lobby was beautiful - well lighted and my first impression when I got to the place was that the whole place was really breezy and cozy. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite and the view from our room was simply amazing. Amenities wise - it has all that we need for an overnight stay.

My only feedback was that the AC in our room was not cool enough. There were some instances in the afternoon and in the morning wherein it was a little bit warm even though the AC was on full-blast. We asked their staff to check it but I guess there was something wrong with it because it wasn't cool enough even after they checked it.

Still, I would love to go back here and have another relaxing stay with a loved one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion here on Trpadvisor.com and of course for the high marks you have given us. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
My apology for the problem you encountered with the air conditioning in your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

i was there in August 2014 on the weekend during 'iron man' event for one day trip, the lobby was really nice... also the swimming pool, not big enough but okay, they have also water sports and spa center.
and the beach area looks nice with beautiful view... but it was too narrow, i guess it less than 1km length area.
i think it will be great if they get more beach area to walk around or running along the beach

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your day trip here in Mactan. I am glad that you enjoyed the facilities and services.
I have taken note of your comment regarding our beach. Actually all hotels here in Mactan have a small private beach, but we are focusing strongly on the cleanliness and water quality at our beach area, which I believe may compensate for the relatively small area.

We hope you will visit us again in the near future

Richmond, BC
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I visited Moevenpick Mactan with friends and stayed for a week. Upon arrival, you immediately feel the modern european style of this amazing resort. We were greeted immediately at reception and offered refreshing drinks and cold towels. Our 1 bedroom oceanview rooms had balcony and overlooked the ocean and pool. The staff was really amazing! They were professional and eager to assist. Of course, we are in the Philippines so get used to following up your request. Ibiza Beach Club was really a treat. Excellent food, vibrant atmosphere and amazing location but pricey if you are local. I highly recommend Moevenpick Mactan if you are seeking a modern style hotel in Mactan, Cebu.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay here in Cebu. We understand that travelers have many choices and I appreciate you giving us a try. I am happy that we have lived up to your expectation and that you left with such a positive impression.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the near future

Thanks again

Philippines
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My wife-to-be and I stayed a night at the Mövenpick for our prenuptial photo session. It's also the venue for our wedding later this year.
Overall the hotel is great, it lives by its tradition to be Swiss and comes with a friendly Filipino staff. What I loved most is the simplicity of style and in my opinion it makes it look very clean.
There is nothing major I have to complain about, but there are however some little details that do need attention. Let's not forget, this being a Swiss hotel, every small detail counts and bring Swiss myself, I know.

First thing I noticed is the lotion bottle in the bathroom which has not been replaced with a new bottle. It was half empty, or half full whichever way you like it.
The hair blower didn't come with an adaptor plug (UK plug) and I couldn't find a suitable outlet plug anywhere in the room.
The bathroom itself looks dated and shows some wear. I think it's the same bathroom since when it was still the Hilton.
The breakfast, which came with a lot of variety tasted a little bland and is nothing to rave about, except for the bacon.

As I said, nothing major at all. I specially would like to thank the staff for the free upgrade and the exceptional friendly service! This hotel remains highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philipp R
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you very much for the positive comments. We are thrilled that you have selected our hotel for your wedding and we will ensure you will have a memorable and unforgettable experience here.
I appreciate you pointing out some of the aspects that we need to address to further improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back later this year and please feel free to contact me at any time directly if I can be of any assistance in regards to your wedding arrangements

Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight.

I arrived in the afternoon. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Check in at 1-ish took a while due to a short queue. Was asked for a 2.5k deposit which was waived if I was willing to pay in cash. I was.
The room was pretty okay, aesthetically pleasing. I booked a suite facing the ocean. It has a living room, bedroom, and bathroom.
The living room had an L-shaped sofa, a coffee table, and a flat screen TV. The room opened up to a small balcony that had a table and a couple of chairs.
The bedroom had its own flat screen TV, a desk, an alarm clock radio, and a big bed. My desk lamp was one of those designer art see-saw things that had the bulb on one end and the weight on the other. For some weird reason, the end with the light stayed down and it could not be adjusted. So I kept it upright to avoid overcooking the paper it was resting on.
The bathroom had a bath, sink, shower, and toilet. I needed help to unplug the water hole of the bath as I couldn't figure out how to do it. The staff told me that there should be something attached to the plug so that I could pull it out. The water was warm and stayed warm. I didn't realize there was no cold water at all until I tried to turn it on at the shower.
The resort had a swimming pool and a white sand beach. I spent most of my time on the lounge chair under the cloudy sky. I was able to catch a zumba session which was fun to watch.
I wanted food brought up to the room. When I called it in, they knew me by name and efficiently took my order. However, delivery took more than 30 minutes. I was easily distracted by the TV but I was hungry when the food arrived.
Check out was fast and easy. I was even given a small token for my visit.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I may go back. The kinks were minimal and tolerable.

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Ma. Christina R
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
I thank you for writing this review and while your rating indicates that not all aspects of your stay were to your expectations. I appreciate you pointing some of the concerns out to us so we can work on improvements.
I am glad to read that you are considering to return on a future stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at Moevenpick. The staffs were friendly and attentive. Rooms were just perfect. Foods at the coffee shop and Ibiza were also delightful. Will surely visit the place again on our next trip to Cebu.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
KnuthKiefer, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thanks a lot for the high rating and the positive comments. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and we do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Best regards

#13 of 30 in Lapu Lapu
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City

Been to Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu? Share your experiences!