“Good Hotel, not a "beach resort" type, can use some upgrade”

Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Los Angeles, California
“Good Hotel, not a "beach resort" type, can use some upgrade”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I've been staying in this hotel since 2005, though not staying here recently. Just want to give you my thoughts. Overall, its a good hotel for the price and purpose. Its a short 2 min walk from Mactan (Cebu) airport. When you arrive at Mactan airport, just exit, go aross the street, walk upstairs (outside open stairs) and across the street, you're in their parking lot (its really very short walk) When you're in the airport-facing room, if you have great arm strength, you can throw a rock that lands on the runway....just to simply tell you how close the hotel is to the airport.

The lobby is a bit dark. Rooms are large enough, but you can feel that its a bit old and dated. Breakfast wasn't as good as other US-branded hotel. Price isnt bad though. This hotel is not close to any beaches. Since I stay here mainly for business, I am fine with it. The closest shopping is the Marina Mall which has an SM and a great $5 massage. There isn't anything around the hotel at nite, but the good thing is there is a KTV called Golden Carriage right inside the hotel, as well as a casino, that you can spend time and money on. Service is good.

All in all, its a good hotel for the price, if you're not looking for a "beach resort" (because its right by airport so it doesnt have that beach resort feeling) but a decent hotel to stay, either for business to the Mactan trade zone nearby or as a 1-day stop-over to other beach hotels, this is a hotel I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ChrisW70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Nagoya, Japan
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Tops all when service is talked about... Call it INITIATIVE.

After taking the first flight out of Manila to Cebu, very early morning, who would have expected the hotel's duty manager would personally confirm hat we were indeed guests of their hotel and make arrangements for a on the house holding room until our room is ready for occupancy later during the day. It was just around 6:30 am. Now that this I have a very good vibe for the week coming ahead.

Retrospective 2008...
Had a very good breakfast of room service congee, as my ultimate comfort food.

The rest of the stay was simply amazing that in the end you end up friends with the duty manager...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank NeilHTG
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This hotel has the perfect guest relations, clean rooms, sufficient hotel facilities and it has a Casino! Their restaurants are a little pricy but very tasty.

Get Cheap tickets to manila via http://www.cheapmanilaflights.net/

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank stickowen
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I am travelling through Asia 75% of my working time since 1996 and this is the first time I have to rate a hotel as disgusting!!!
If want to sleep in blood from top to bottom this is the place for U
We were on a business trip to Cebu. Usually I stay at the Marriott hotel but due to a short trip for convenience we choose this disgusting hotel. I have to admit that the check in staff was very friendly and told us that they were fully booked so they upgrade me to a superior room. After a 4 hour delayed flight we had a dinner and came back to the room at around 11:30pm where I found that there was BLOOD spots on my bedlinen. I called the frontdesk and ask politely to change the linen. People came and go without any action for 30 minutes after I finally exploded telling them to change the linen immediately as I was having a meeting the next morning and need some sleep. Finally 45 minutes after my first complaint they came with new bedlinen. I told them to change everything including the pillows, but when they lifted the bedline I could not believe my eyes. The matress was soaked through and through with thick blood spots on the top and also on the botton side as I recognized later.
I cheked out immediately. Considering that that there is a nightclub insides the hotel I really wonder where these blood spots (for sure it was from different persons unless they turned the matress) were coming from, but in any case I think this HOTEL MUST BE CLOSED for hygenic, heath protection and moral reason

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank guidoborn
Sweden
Reviewed 14 February 2011

For the money this hotel was great. Across the way from the airport so ideal for a stop-over. Friendly staff. The beds we very comfortable and the rooms were of a good size. The swimming pool is huge!
The restaurant has a good choice of menu and the buffet breakfast was excellent and even better, was included in the room price.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charleyandtonia
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Nice hotel, we didn't realise it was just across the street from the airport, but was still very quiet nonetheless. Hotel appears to have been built in the "grand" style, but is showing some wear and tear in areas. However, I read in the local paper that a major facelift is starting soon. The buffet dining and alacarte in the large hotel lobby area restaurant, was always quite varied and tasty with reasonable prices. The pool area was very attractive and well maintained also but the biggest plus to our stay was the diligent attentiveness of all the staff we encountered. They were always very polite and helpful whenever we had requests, - they definitely set the standards for others to follow.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank r0amer59
philippines
Reviewed 3 January 2011

It was for an overnight stay only, for my family and i with inlaws, were going to Singapore early in the morning. The location was very convenient to the cebu airport. I booked online at their website and stated that we would need 3 non smoking rooms with breakfast and for someone to pick us up at the airport for we have many luggages. Upon arrival at the hotel, it was quite the first time for me to see a smoking section at the same time a non smoking section within the lobby. There was no wall to separate between the two sections. Of course, one can smell cigarette smoke in the entire lobby.
Our rooms were eeky. Its small and the carpets need cleaning. There's a musty smell in the room and it smelled of smoke too even if it was a non smoking room. The bathroom didnt look too clean . The tub had stains from i dont know what. The sink didnt drain well. The toilet didnt flush well either. This hotel needs a complete overhaul! The following morning, there was only 1 tray of breakfast per room served and we had to notify them that a double room should have a breakfast for two included in it and not only for one person. I think that the owner of the hotel is already tired of the business that's why he left it to rot and so with the service.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Eloisa Royal Suites
Eloisa Royal Suites
#5 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!