“Great location, best selling point!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino

Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Essex
“Great location, best selling point!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Great for early departure or evening arrival as hotel is situated just across the terminal. Difficult to get across the main road due to lack of sign if you are pushing a lot of dive luggage.
Hotel is fine ,room neet and tidy, considering cost of the rooms are higher then average , I would say it is par for the price.
If you need to eat, I would eat at the lobby and not in the cafe in the casino! The casino is basically rows of slot machines, smoky and the ' cafe' needs to be seen to be believed! Not inviting at all, not clean, we actually found a large chicken bone from the last meal tucked in among the grubby pages within the menu. A first for us , I have to say, we walked out of the casino to eat in the lobby. You can also get free Wifi if you eat there.
Overall it is not a destination hotel, airport hotels are for travellers passing through, and it does this job admirably.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed 2 nights here in April, and needed to at the venue for business.

Good - Rooms older but clean, Location, Check in and out, and the size of the rooms.

Bad - Food was not good, and neither was the restaurant service. The shops downstairs selling fake designer goods,

Overall its ok for a night or two.

Room Tip: Book a suite, not much difference in the price.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Had requested a non smoking room, but was instead given a smoking room.Upon complaining, was promptly assigned another room on the non-smoking floor; the only downside was that the room was slightly smaller and an older style analogue TV. The room itself was well appointed with a huge marble bathroom, complete with bath, the only downside was the toilet was hard to flush.
The pool area was large and peaceful, food and beverages could be ordered via phone. Towels were available from the adjoining fitness centre, although this was not evident at first.
The staff and particularly Dick the Concierge were very helpful and pleasant. Upon leaving the hotel, guests are given a small card with taxi ID in case of complaint; all the taxi drivers we encountered were honest, polite and respectful.
The buffet breakfast at Una restaurant was great with plenty of variety and good service. The a la carte menu for dinner was only average. The buffett dinner consisted mainly of seafood dishes - not a lot of variety.
There is also a Korean restaurant downstairs, but it looked deserted most of the time and very downmarket.
The overall decor of the hotel is big and grand. The hotel is handy to Lapu Lapu City and of course, just a 3 minute walk across the road to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side to the airport
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

After spending some time at The Shangri-La, and at Crimson Resort and Spa I must have gotten spoiled.
-The rooms were actually better than I expected from some of the pictures.
-Service at reception was very poor compared to what I had been used. Philippinos tend to be so kind and welcoming. The girls who checked us in were definitely not. We tried to check in at 12:30pm but our room wasn't ready. I had tried to order an early check in (even with paying) which is a service they supposedly offer, but was told I needed to just pay another night.
-my blow dryer didn't work, which is fine on vacation but I was here to work and be on camera. I had to call several times per day for several days and went to the front desk until finally I insisted they switch my room on the 4th day and then someone actually came to fix it.
-pool is nice.
-food is very good at hotel restaurants. and buffet is good as well. (although no mangos which i found strange since Cebu is known for that)
-Casino is very gross but I'm from Vegas :)
MAKE SURE YOU TELL CAB DRIVERS THIS ONE BECAUSE THERE ARE SEVERAL WATERFRONTS.
-Housekeeping does a great job. Although we did often find spots on our sheets.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Adelaide, South Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have been staying at the Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino Mactan for a few years now, and it is my final stop before I fly out of Cebu when I return back to Australia, because it's a great way to end my trip in Cebu, so I always choose to stay there on my last night in Cebu.

First of all, me and my group check into the hotel the day before we are flying out of Cebu, then once we have checked in at the hotel, we put our bags into our respective rooms, and we all go down for a swim in the wonderful swimming pool there in the hotel.

After our swim, then we will go and have a refreshing drink there at the bar, and I always like to order the Gin, Lime and Tonic, because it is really tasty the way they make it there at that
bar, because they add 'Kalamansi' to the drink, this is a very tasty piece of small lime fruit.

Then we go and have a meal in the restaurant there, because they have an extensive menu to choose from, so there are plenty of choices, but I always enjoy the 'Lapu Lapu' fish to eat.

After the meal we head on into the Casino section of the Hotel, and we play a few games of Poker and Black Jack, then we go to the men's entertainment area upstairs on the first floor, and we are entertained by the beautiful dancing girls, and they also have some real talented singers who play there as well, so actually it is a great night of entertainment for all of us.

Before we head off to bed, we stop at the coffee shop to have some nice coffee and cake, then we head off to our rooms for a wonderful and comfortable night sleep in the beautiful rooms at the Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino Mactan.

We all get a wake up call for the following morning, and so on the day of our departure, we always get up early so as to do a great workout in their gym, then we go for a nice breakfast in the restaurant, and once we have done this, it is time to check-out and head to the airport for our flight home to Australia.

BUT I GUARANTEE YOU THE BEST TIME THERE AT THE WATERFRONT AIRPORT HOTEL AND CASINO ON MACTAN ISLAND, SO PLEASE TRY IT, BECAUSE ALL THE ROOMS ARE VERY REASONABLY PRICED, AND IT IS WITHIN YOUR BUDGET, OK GUYS!

Room Tip: You can also go over to the airport for a meal as well!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel since we were travelling from the US. However, we had to cancel due to a death in the family. We spoke to the front desk on the phone and we were informed that we can cancel the reservation but the refund will take 2 to 3 MONTHS to process. We were OK with the delay since we had a family member available to receive the refund. However, we tried to cancel the reservation in person and we were told that a refund is NOT possible at all and that the reservation is open ended so we can use the rooms at any time in the future. The problem is that we dont plan on being back in the country for several more years. We were prepared to lose 10 to 20 percent of our $200 deposit but the hotel manager would not even give us a penny of our money back. FYI - you also have to pay the guards at the gate to drive your car into the hotel premises even if you will only be dropping people off. Beware of this hotel if you need to cancel your reservation for any reason.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherry93_12
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights during the month of November 2011 because it was convenient to the airport. My experience overall, was very good. The staff was very friendly, from the front desk to the elevator attendant to the buffet staff. I was treated with respect at all times and every request that I asked of the staff was handled quickly and courteously. The only downside to my stays were that the carpeting in the rooms were old, and on occasion it seemed that the cleaning crew did not vacuum the carpet. I will definitely stay in this hotel again on my next trip to the Philippines.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
#6 of 30 in Lapu Lapu
Goldberry Suites & Hotel
Goldberry Suites & Hotel
#10 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!