“Not worth the price.”

Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 14 September 2013

As much as I love the Waterfront in Lahug. This hotel is just OLD. My aunt who is allergic to dust mites, kept on having allergic reactions. We had to cover the rattan bed and tables in the entire room. I'd like to clarify that our room was clean upon checking in but because of old building, my aunt kept having allergic attacks. We tried staying at the lobby, but still she kept on whizzing. My comforter also had a small tear. Our television, although working the channels keep fizzing out. I think its their cable operator. The only saving grace of this hotel were 2 things. 1. The service 2. Location. We were having an early flight thus we stayed here. But given the chance, I don't think we'll ever come back until they renovate the place. The price we payed was not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephanie D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,988)

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

If I stay in Cebu for buisnees or i have a late flight out i like to stay here. The front desk pepole are very helpful a frendly a nice large clean pool open from 6 am til 9 pm.. A silent room with view on the runway room 614 a very good food a roomservice good Wifi.. Nice bathroom a hot shouer very good aircondition a Tv Stations a newschanels..i will be back there..

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

View: no view

Laundry: towels, shampoo & shower gel, tooth brush & paste, razor, water boiler, hair dryer are provided

WiFi: No, for the standard room , they provide free wifi only at lobby but you need to enter user name and password every time you've signed out. hassel

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank devilcoach
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My family checked in at 3PM in this hotel to await my arrival from Korea at 1 am the following day. Since we live in the province which was 3 hours drive from the airport, an overnight stay at a hotel a stone's throw away from the airport seemed to be a good idea.

When I arrived, my dad took our car from the hotel parking lot, but was stopped by the security guard, saying that we had to pay a parking fee. When we explained that we were hotel guests, they asked for a validation stamp, which my dad didnt have since it was in the dead of night.

To hurry things up, since my family didn't want to keep me waiting (I did come from a 20+ hour trip from Korea connecting from the US), my dad paid the P235 parking fee, believing that once he explained the situation to the manager, we would surely get our money back.

We didn't. They said it was because we didn't have our parking ticket validated. A simple stamp and that's it. Frank, the supervisor also said that because they already remitted the money, they couldn't refund us.

I won't stay again at this hotel afain. It's rundown, the carpets are torn in places (6th floor corridor just outside Rm 634), breakfast buffet is so-so, the stench of cigarette smoke and noise from the casino plus THERE IS NO FREE PARKING for guests. Not this guest anyway, even as we explained our case.

There is a newer hotel down the road from the airport, if the only advantage of this Waterfront is its proximity.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Krisdos
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The hotel staff removed clothing from my room. Upon returning to my room after being out all day I found I was missing a pair of shorts. The front desk brushed me off and said they would contact me if they turn up. Very disappointed, not even sure how this can happen.

The hotel was decent, but will absolutely never stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Frequent_Traveler_Z
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Really nice luxury hotel with all the resort features. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are large with nice fittings and a big bath. My room overlooked the airport so I could watch the planes take-off and land all night, the windows are double glazed so there is no noise from the airplanes but there was a dull and constant "doof-doof" all night from the nightclub or casino so make sure you request a room a long way from the nightlife end of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the opposite end of the building to the nightclub and casino to avoid the "do...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nod069
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stayed here just one night at the start of my vacation to Cebu. My flight was arriving late so I wanted a hotel close to the airport so I could rest for a night before hitting the beach. It was a great idea because the front desk is about a 2 minute walk once you clear customs.

The room was very comfortable and had great amenities. I liked that it was very clean and had a very comfortable bed.

We dined at the Korean restaurant in the lobby which was very good. We also had the breakfast buffet and really loved the wide array of food choices.

We didn't have too much interaction with the staff but one employee that stood out was Chris at the fitness room and pool. She was very pleasant and had a great welcoming smile. She even went out of her way to take our picture even though it was very hot by the pool.

I did leave something behind after checking out and contacted the hotel lost and found. Augustine from housekeeping replied immediately and assured me that they had the item. I am very thankful for that level of service!

We loved the pool because it's seclusion makes you feel that you are not inside the airport. The pool was bigger than expected and the nice fitness room is right next to it.

I would highly recommend the hotel if you are looking for a great room and great value right next to the terminal.

Room Tip: Stay here if your flight is arriving late and then go to Mactan beach the next day
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SMC514
TetFernandez, General Manager at Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear SMC514,

We are delighted to hear your comments. Rest assured that we will continue to improve our services to make your stay more relaxing and convenient. We hope to see you again in your next visit in Cebu.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#9 of 43 in Mactan Island
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#16 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!