“Just right next to the airport”

Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for a night for a business trip. Upon checking in the rooms are ok, not too old but certainly not new. Perhaps the management might plan for a renovation soon to get their rooms updated. Had a room with 2 single beds. The bathroom is big and spacious. Only gripe was the cable TV that seems to be working intermittently. At best it will freeze every 15 mins. At worst it would freeze every other minute. Had work to do so the TV didn't bother me much.

Overall can't complain much for the price I paid.

Room Tip: If you are meeting your client in Cebu for a short trip like mine, perhaps this would be a good plac...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino

Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you want to explore Cebu City and its environs, I don't suggest you stay in this place. It's near the airport, yes, but it's too far from Cebu's main attractions. One-way cab fares (to Ayala Cebu, for instance) can run up to 200 bucks already.

Otherwise it's pretty okay. The rooms are nice and have bathtubs. The hallways smell musty, however. There's a weird long corridor at the basement you have to pass through before you get to the pool, where there is also a gym.

Breakfast buffet has a lot of options, but their bacon isn't very crispy.

Room Tip: Most rooms have the airport runway as their view, so don't bother. Try to pick one that's fa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank subtlety
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I missed a flight tp Palawan, so I decided to stary here for two nights.
The room was huge the staff were very friendly, the airport is literaly across the road.
The rooms were well fitted and very nicely laid out.
I have pictures of two rooms I missed a flight tp Palawan, so I decided to stay here for two nights.
The rooms were well fitted and very nicely laid out.
I have pictures of two rooms becausemoved on the second day.
There is nothing else close by, no external restauants or shops, so the hotel jacks up the prices because they know they have you more or less trapped there.
Room service was good but the food quality and portions were very dissapointing.

Room Tip: The first night was in the Executive Suite which is huge
2  Thank Leon B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staid there for three days for short easter break at cebu. Walk straight opposite domestic terminal to get here but dont be discouraged no airport noise and grat facilities. Good pool if access is a bit weird down a long corridor, good security and great rooms. Buffet dinner every night and for bfast which was excellent but slightly repetitive, frankly ala carte menu lets them down a bit. Spent (in every sense) a few hours in the casino which is a bit soulless; suggest you go into cebu if that is your bag.

Reception is the only area that tends to dissapoint. I had to challenge a couple of unspecified and let us say "poorly calculated" charges on checkout which was slow. Leave lots of time for checkout

Cebu city is £7 taxi ride from the hotel and taxis always available from the airport

Room Tip: Views are not great so I dont think it matters
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel during our recent trip to the Philippines as we became stuck in Cebu and had to get an early flight the next day. Upon walking in to the building we were surprised at how nice and fancy it was. The room was really nice with plenty of room. The bathroom was particularly spacious which was nice for a change. The bed was soft and comfortable, airconditioning adequate and the television was brand new. The wi-fi was not too great in the room , however it is super fast if you are sitting in the lobby. The hotel pool was not very deep, however it had a nice ambience about it and was great for a night dip. We ate at the restaurant in the lobby called 'Uno'. It was an all you can eat buffet and definitely one of the best ones I have eaten at. The food was delicious and the staff very professional. We checked out the casino which was not too exciting. The pokies only took 500php notes and the room with the table was filled with seedy looking men smoking cigarettes and gambling away.The best part about our stay here was waking up for our early morning flight the next day and being able to walk to the airport rather then deal with a taxi driver. Recommend for people transiting to Cebu Airport or even long-term guests if you are willing to stay on the ourtkirts of Cebu.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at the Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino on the last day of a vacation in the Philippines, primarily due to its proximity to the airport. Having read the reviews, I was expecting a middle of the road night's accommodation, but was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff very kindly granted me an early check-in and also an upgrade to their club floor. The room was as good as any I have stayed in (I spend ~85 nights per year in hotels) and the staff were responsive to pretty much any request made of them. The restaurant was a bit pricey, but since our rate included breakfast, this was no big deal. There are plenty of local spots close by to eat as well. The internet connection was spotty at times, but in the lobby the signal was consistently strong so I did not consider this a problem. I did stay at the hotel once before, and if anything it has improved since then.

Room Tip: Go for a club room. It is an excellent deal, and even those on the airport side of the hotel were v...
Reviewed 25 April 2014

There are two Waterfront Hotels in Cebu so make sure you pick the right one. I wasn't aware that there were two and meant to chose the Airport but booked the City one.

I found this out when I arrived, very late at night, at the reception. I had a very early check-out for a connecting flight the following morning so was literally going to be there for only a few hours to get some sleep.

When the reception pointed out my error there was no assistance or conciliation. Despite the reception staff telling they were one and same corporate hotel ownership, they could not transfer the booking from Waterfront City to Waterfront Airport. As I really didn't have the time to take a taxi into the city and back again in the morning, which would have meant only a couple of hours in the hotel, I had to forfeit and pay in FULL the hotel room I'd booked at the Waterfront City Hotel and pay for a room at the Waterfont Airport Hotel where they would only give me the extortionate rack rate for a stinking smokers room.

What irks me even more is that the receptionist told me that this happens all the time but Waterfront seem to use this as a way of making more money. If so, shame on them.

The hotel is old, seedy, tired, lacked proper maintenance and smelt like an old people's home.

The only thing it has going for it is it is right opposite the airport terminal. Nothing else really. I'll give it a miss next time I go to Cebu or pass through the airport.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#9 of 43 in Mactan Island

Been to Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!