“Disgusting Hotel!!! Blood from Linen through to the matress”

Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Singapore, Singapore
“Disgusting Hotel!!! Blood from Linen through to the matress”
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I am travelling through Asia 75% of my working time since 1996 and this is the first time I have to rate a hotel as disgusting!!!
If want to sleep in blood from top to bottom this is the place for U
We were on a business trip to Cebu. Usually I stay at the Marriott hotel but due to a short trip for convenience we choose this disgusting hotel. I have to admit that the check in staff was very friendly and told us that they were fully booked so they upgrade me to a superior room. After a 4 hour delayed flight we had a dinner and came back to the room at around 11:30pm where I found that there was BLOOD spots on my bedlinen. I called the frontdesk and ask politely to change the linen. People came and go without any action for 30 minutes after I finally exploded telling them to change the linen immediately as I was having a meeting the next morning and need some sleep. Finally 45 minutes after my first complaint they came with new bedlinen. I told them to change everything including the pillows, but when they lifted the bedline I could not believe my eyes. The matress was soaked through and through with thick blood spots on the top and also on the botton side as I recognized later.
I cheked out immediately. Considering that that there is a nightclub insides the hotel I really wonder where these blood spots (for sure it was from different persons unless they turned the matress) were coming from, but in any case I think this HOTEL MUST BE CLOSED for hygenic, heath protection and moral reason

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank guidoborn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sweden
Reviewed 14 February 2011

For the money this hotel was great. Across the way from the airport so ideal for a stop-over. Friendly staff. The beds we very comfortable and the rooms were of a good size. The swimming pool is huge!
The restaurant has a good choice of menu and the buffet breakfast was excellent and even better, was included in the room price.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charleyandtonia
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Nice hotel, we didn't realise it was just across the street from the airport, but was still very quiet nonetheless. Hotel appears to have been built in the "grand" style, but is showing some wear and tear in areas. However, I read in the local paper that a major facelift is starting soon. The buffet dining and alacarte in the large hotel lobby area restaurant, was always quite varied and tasty with reasonable prices. The pool area was very attractive and well maintained also but the biggest plus to our stay was the diligent attentiveness of all the staff we encountered. They were always very polite and helpful whenever we had requests, - they definitely set the standards for others to follow.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank r0amer59
philippines
Reviewed 3 January 2011

It was for an overnight stay only, for my family and i with inlaws, were going to Singapore early in the morning. The location was very convenient to the cebu airport. I booked online at their website and stated that we would need 3 non smoking rooms with breakfast and for someone to pick us up at the airport for we have many luggages. Upon arrival at the hotel, it was quite the first time for me to see a smoking section at the same time a non smoking section within the lobby. There was no wall to separate between the two sections. Of course, one can smell cigarette smoke in the entire lobby.
Our rooms were eeky. Its small and the carpets need cleaning. There's a musty smell in the room and it smelled of smoke too even if it was a non smoking room. The bathroom didnt look too clean . The tub had stains from i dont know what. The sink didnt drain well. The toilet didnt flush well either. This hotel needs a complete overhaul! The following morning, there was only 1 tray of breakfast per room served and we had to notify them that a double room should have a breakfast for two included in it and not only for one person. I think that the owner of the hotel is already tired of the business that's why he left it to rot and so with the service.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank asensiblechic
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 October 2010

very convienient hotel. overpriced. full of koreans on cheap packages.over -priced but nice casino and good value in luch/dinner buffet meals.if one could find one of these value packages that the koreans can get then its fine. but for an individual family booking direct is out of the question. because there are many other good hotels in cebu for half the price or less .e.g montebello

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank misterwonderful
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2010

After flying 18 hours theres nothing better knowing that the hotel your staing at is only across the road. I was greated in the loddy by friendly smiles nothing was a fuss i was able to hand over my bags and sit down for dinner and a relaxing cocktail mmmm still taste it , the room was very clean and well presented. My tip would be for an extra few dollars the Deluxe Suites are the go.
The other facilities pool gym spa are very nice, 24 hour meals and breakfast was always a treat.
I have traveld alot all over the world and have staied in many hotels some 4 times the price of this one if there is any thing i could say bad about my stay here it would have to be it wasnt long enough

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brad_elvisa
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Proper nice accomodation. Directly opposite of Mactan airport International departures. Perfect for someone who has a stopover at Cebu airport. Spa and gym available; japanese food. Spacious and well equipped rooms, very good and strong hot shower, lots of towels. King size bed with many kinds of pillows. Strong individually adjustable aircon. Free coffee and table water available in the room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Eloisa Royal Suites
Eloisa Royal Suites
#6 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!