“Really good value for money”

Planta Centro Bacolod Hotel & Residences
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I have stayed in more than a few hotels in bacolod and i can say that this one is now my favorite. It is really cheap and you get more than what you pay for. This hotel tries to have the look and feel of a five star hotel and in certain areas it actually succeeds. This hotel is newly renovated so it doesn't feel old and worn down like most hotels in bacolod. The staff and service is commendable for being flexible to my needs and they're really nice and warm. In fact, they were the ones I most liked about this place. The food is average, the room is average. For the price I paid, I didn't expect much. But I can definitely say my stay had a few pleasant surprises and exceeded my expectations a little. I think I'll stay here again the next time in bacolod.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2012

If you're looking for a quiet place for meetings or accommodation, this is the hotel for you.

They have chic rooms, a cute swimming pool and good food. Their free wifi in the rooms is also quite fast. You can also hold your events or conventions in their function rooms. Just inform the account executive what your food preferences are and their chef (the son of the owner) will come up with the right food combination for your event.

The only disadvantage of this hotel, although it's quite minor, is its location. It's quite distant from the main road where the good restaurants and the way to the airport are (Lacson St.).

Room Tip: Their ala carte menu is often better than their breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank purplefrance
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed here last November of 2011 and while I have been to many hotels in Bacolod, I find Planta Hotel one of the better places to go to. The good things about this hotel is the large clean rooms, big lobby-reception area and the coffee, real coffee. They have free wifi and the connection is great. The food, buffet breakfast is just right, but their choices is good if you order.The not so good, well the pool does not look inviting, its small and looks more for deco than a functional one. The rooms would sometime have mosquitos flying. All in all I think its worth the money i paid for.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank woodstuck
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We went to Bacolod to get our passports done and we stayed here overnight. We love the place! They have a nice lobby, a small pool, and nice rooms. We stayed in a room for four, with two twin beds, and a small balcony at the third floor. Although 2 twin beds are barely enough for the four of us to sleep in, we opted not to get an extra mattress. The room was spacious, clean, and the hot water is working! YAY! It wasn't a "run down" room, like one of the reviewers here wrote. The staff were courteous, greets you a good morning and all. The room only has one free buffet breakfast, so we had to pay for 3 additional persons. It costs around 250-280pesos. The food was good. They had the usual bread and jam, rice and viands, customized egg or omelet, pancakes, fruits, and cereals and milk. We also tried their pool. It was small though. Overall, we had a nice stay here. We will definitely come back to this hotel if we plan to stay in Bacolod again.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool, try a little bit earlier like 6 or 7 in the morning so there will be on...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Daphne Marie B
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed with my friends in this hotel last August during a long weekend and I was disappointed on the quality of the rooms that they have. The bathrooms were run down. NO HOT SHOWER in my room during nighttime and early morning. The AIRCON is NOISY and takes a while to cool. The TV which is suppose to have cable is SNOWY. The room smelled cigarette smoke although I was booked in a NON-SMOKING room. No attempt from the staff to put Ionizer, instead, I was transferred in the farthest room of the hotel. The food is so so. Not impressed with it although some friends commend their restaurant. The staff were so so as well, sometimes polite and courteous, sometime NOT. Depends on the mood perhaps.

If you are travelling for pleasure, please stay away from this hotel, you'll never get it, I bet!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I go to Bacolod four times a year. But it's my first time to stay in this hotel. I spent four nights in Planta and I really love the place. Rooms were spacious and very clean.

Room rate comes with breakfast buffet which consists of bread, jams, filipino viands, pancake and fruits.

I find the staff very accommodating and friendly. The owner of the place noticed that we have been around for almost a week and endorsed us to the staff to have a late check out at no additional fees.

Hotel was homey and quiet even when there were a lot of visitors around.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2011

• WARNING DON’T STAY! Will Never Again Stay Here – POOR QUALITY Hotel, POOR SERVICE, RUDE & DISRESPECTFUL, DESK Staff & STAFF

• Shocking, Disgusting experience

• WARNING DON’T STAY!

• You will be Disappointed & Destroy your Holiday. Owe full …… WOEFUL

Hotel is average, stayed twice in the hotel on 2009 and 2010, in 2009 we stayed one night in hotel best room & on May 2010 we book again the best room they have and along with it are complimentary breakfast. And I had an experience in Desk staff where I have to wait for a long time just to get the voucher card for two and plus that staffs is so rude/disrespectful its looks like you are the one begging for that voucher card which is not good for the frontline business of the Hotel.

Following with, we had a disgusting breakfast as they don’t know how to make toast bread. Waiters & waitresses that are disrespectful and do nothing, all they do are gossiping.
It them takes to long to make a soup and sandwiches, where there is no else in the restaurant waiting.

Computer should be faster and cover for the car spaces as the car get too hot.

The staff, chef, especially the Desk Staff should do seminars and trainings, desk staff should be more respectful, friendly to the costumers are in Front Line Business of the Hotel, they should offer a professionalism and good character to the costumers.

The Hotel should provide enough Towels and toilet paper, and shower should be renewed and as well complimentary purified water as the water is not safe to drink.

Hotel management should not provide cheap quality shampoo, soap and slippers as well the plastic cups for coffee and its like a penny pinching attitude,

If Planta Centro Hotel management want to provide a QUALITY Service to their client they should take actions to the complains of their costumer. Hotel management should give more priority to their costumer and Quality service, without us/clients the business is nothing.

Will we Stay Again? NO, I had a Disgusting experience, and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Before booking a Hotel please do your homework so you will enjoy your stay/holiday. Just don’t stay...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business